Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh my Goodness1
    You all are so clever...
    Elizabeth I love the Italian names - Francesca?
    Annie
    I had a Tilly too...Tilly Foxtrotter. I found her in the toilet at the original radio1 party in the park in about 198???
    Joan Puzzle - is that a play on her mixed up colours like pebbles from Vonski?
    Sharon and Elna Kitkat....... hubby is calling her kittykat at the moment.....
    I will draw up a shortlist and then when I gte her make the final decision I think?
    Toni xx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi again

How about Purdita or Prudence hubby has come up with spot, fang or champion the wonder cat I know he needs help :wink: He should have shouted spectacles :lol: She always came when I whistled but so did my others so no problem for me.

Love
    Vonski x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Vonski
    I think you should get your hubby to lie down for bit.
    Purdita Poshpaws?!
    keep going!
    Love
    Toni x
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    My sis had a girl cat called kizzy I liked the name we also had a little girl cat that was a right little tuff nut and she was always getting into trouble so we called her pickles.
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    It seems we all give our pets names...........and then re-name them!

Taz was known as Tazman
    Gizmo is Giz or Gizgog
    Loppy is 2poos (thats because my rabbits are indoor rabbits and she always leaves 2 poos on the carpet!)
    TC is spud
    Rosie is Rosiewooz

It's a wonder the ever learn their names! :lol:

Carol X
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    my rabbit is called julian jesus caldwell, we got him a few years ago, i think ellie came up with the jesus caldwell, no idea why!
    but i call him julian boing boing!! i really have no idea why, it just came out one day, then stuck!
    my cat ginger was called simba, he was born a few days after ellie was born, he belonged to a very good friend of mine but she gave him to me (long story!) he and ellie used to be very close, any way, we changed his name to ginger (sounds like simba!) one day not long after he moved in with us, i kept calling him ginger simba, and then ginger kind of stuck!!
    sue
  • pedro58
    pedro58 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi
    I like the sound of Pedro :wink:
    Pedro
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    During the time of the Pharoah's in Ancient Egypt, all cats were revered and treated as gods (and they still wont let us forget that)
    So why not Cleopatra, shortened to Cleo when you are hugging her for being cute.. and Cleopatra! when she wee's on you duvet :x

:lol: My animals get their surname added on when they've been naughty!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    How about Kittymorton - could get to know your Frogmorton, Toni?

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    During the time of the Pharoah's in Ancient Egypt, all cats were revered and treated as gods (and they still wont let us forget that)
    So why not Cleopatra, shortened to Cleo when you are hugging her for being cute.. and Cleopatra! when she wee's on you duvet :x

I like that name a lot. I'll remember that if I ever get another cat

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Toni

So nice to see so many cat lovers replying to your post. I am really thrilled for you to be getting a kitty again. k040.gif Do think she will name herself once you get to know her a little, but some lovely suggestions here. Like the sound of pebbles or pickles.
    When I brought home 2 female rescue kittens years ago they were really too young to be away from mum and I had to feed them every fours hours for a while. We named one Nina until their first visit to the vet when we discovered Nina was a boy and was hastily renamed Ricky. :roll: :roll:
    Also fostered a Cleo and Tiger while a friend was abroad for a year. A friend has called her cat Freya which is also quite nice and a bit different.
    I always believe kittens should come in pairs and though I have no Scottish connections that I know of have always wanted a couple of cats called Mitzi and Hamish :lol: Would love to shout Hamish down the back street. Enjoy your new arrival.
    Chris :wink:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi Toni

So nice to see so many cat lovers replying to your post. I am really thrilled for you to be getting a kitty again. k040.gif Do think she will name herself once you get to know her a little, but some lovely suggestions here. Like the sound of pebbles or pickles.
    When I brought home 2 female rescue kittens years ago they were really too young to be away from mum and I had to feed them every fours hours for a while. We named one Nina until their first visit to the vet when we discovered Nina was a boy and was hastily renamed Ricky. :roll: :roll:
    Also fostered a Cleo and Tiger while a friend was abroad for a year. A friend has called her cat Freya which is also quite nice and a bit different.
    I always believe kittens should come in pairs and though I have no Scottish connections that I know of have always wanted a couple of cats called Mitzi and Hamish :lol: Would love to shout Hamish down the back street. Enjoy your new arrival.
    Chris :wink:

Chris, that made me laugh and brought back memories. My mother was part of a post-war group who caught feral cats and their kittens (mainly domestic strays gone wild), house trained them and found homes for them.
    As children, my brother and I were given one each to look after and to name; Mum absolutely refused to have my choice of name - said she wasn't going to stand at the door shouting 'Marmalade" down the street every night! I had to call him 'Shandy' instead, but on thinking about it as an adult, I feel it's just as bad.............
    When I was in my teens, I remember looking round the garden one day and counting cats.....I got to 17 before they all started to move, I think there must have been 25 cats or more in that garden.

Annie
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    snowflake snip snipe soda
    jazz joffa joffi jag jane
    massy missy moggy mary molly milly
    zot zit zolo
    dizzy dazz daisy dice dolce dolly

blot blair buddie bib biddy
    suger suzy sissy sox soux slick
    poppet poppy prudence penny
    Tally tuppence tab tibs tops
    how about one of these

or simply Cat or Kitty.
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I named one of my cats 'Willow' short for **** willow!
    Polly came with her name.
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Toni
    Im so pleased you are getting yourself a kitty, I know how sad you were to lose Eric. I always find that if I wait until I get them home and interact with them a bit first, a name comes to mind that is just right for them! Always worked for me and at the height of my 'rescue hotel days' I had approx 90 annimals!!
    Have fun with her and hope not too many furballs.
    Love Gillx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hi Toni.
    i thought puzzle because of the colours.
    all the best monday with the little one.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    I also have a **** called Willow as in **** willow, but at the time we got her I was also a big buffy fan.

I originally wanted to call her Jasime but when we went to meet her for the first time her mum was called Jasmine and she was the spit of her. I thought she deserved her own identity.

As a kid I always wanted a cat called Tabitha, but Willow didn't look like a Tabitha.

Cat's names some of my friends have used in that past are Spot, he had a small little spot just behind his ear. Purna she was lovely and didn't half and purr. Purdy, she was a white manx and very elegant, and Nanooke, Pursha, and finally Fish, named after the lead singer in Marillion

Hope you and your new puddy wuddy cat are very happy together

Carol xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Toni,

My lot said they think they need new names :lol: I see what other people use and feel kinda of embarrassed....... :oops:

I have used the normal of Tabitha, Kitty, Kizzy and had a Willow (he was a boy) cus I 'was' also a Buffy fan, well more a spike fan actually :wink: So had a cat called Spike but a chicken called Buffy.

Then there was Grommet, Hateful, Spit ( one of the current ones), Elliwishous, Scoopy, Skippy, Velcro (twice I am afraid), Erk-n-Squawk, Obstropolot, Atrousious, Dweller, Bank Dweller, Ghost, Greyamere, Allikat, James, Herbert Feral Esq, Tiggy, Kipper, Pilchard (they were related you see) T.S., B.S (named by the vets), E.L.S (and he was), Raspi, Eeyore, Piglet, Sorcerer....... Some are current but now they are also called Pretty-One, Little-One and I will shut up now :oops: :lol: xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Cris

Have you managed to tame them?

How long did it take you?

trisher
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Trish,

Eventually they all come round but Spit, Elliwishious, Eeyore and B.S are very happy to remember their origins if put under pressure. They all vary in how long it takes and how tame they are really. It is ok wit me if they want to stay wild but they mostly trust me now. Just names often reflect their temperament/personality and there have been so many I end up calling them very odd things.........

You ok today? xx
  • carol71
    carol71 Member Posts: 131
    Options
    Skeltzer My friends son is called Spike :D
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    It's got to be either Bogwoppit or Bagpuss.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh, I love Bagpuss. I always used to watch it when it was on TV

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    Options
    pedro58 wrote:
    Hi
    I like the sound of Pedro :wink:
    Pedro
    :wink:
    Love it!
    Toni x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    How about Kittymorton - could get to know your Frogmorton, Toni?

Luv Legs :D
    Aha
    KiityMorton??///
    How does that sound.
    Rehab I met her yesterday and she was sweet!!! Not really very dignified at all and already litter trained! I wanted to take her straight away but had to settle for a cuddle and buying tescos entire supply of kitten food :D
    Toni x