Things not gone so well for me...

Options
penfactor
penfactor Member Posts: 366
edited 29. Nov 2009, 12:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi guys
Just a little post for those who already know me to say I don't think I can post on here any more as (some of you know) things have not gone so well for me & I know this is meant to be a completely positive, uplifting place.
I am very unhappy about this as I shall really miss chatting to you all but when I look back at how positive I was starting to feel pre-op, thanks to you & how things have actually turned out it just makes me even more unhappy.
Love & wishing you all the best
Pennie x

Comments

• harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Pennie, i hope you are ok..are you sure you dont want to stay on here just for the chit chat...? you have contributed so very much, words of wisdom, comforting comments, all this would be sadly missed my us all on here...
    take care and DONT GO. :cry:
    all the best, Sally.xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Pennie

So sorry things haven't gone right for you and you are now feeling even worse. You know we are always here for you if you need to talk, shout or just moan. Please don't feel that you have to go, maybe you just want time to sort things out and come back when you feel better. We will miss you if you go.

Love
    Vonski x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Oh Pennie, how very sad you sound. You know, it`s not all about being happy and positive all the time. In fact, if you are, then you can`t really empathise with everyone else.

Please reconsider, and remember that every single one of our experiences - good, bad, or indifferent - can help someone in the same situation. Please let us carry on trying to help you......Ange.
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Pennie I am so sorry to hear your news.

You will be missed, I hope things improve
    for you and you will feel like coming back
    to let us know how you are.

Love Kath xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Pennie

Please do not go. I am well aware that things have not gone well with you with your operation and I am so very sorry. This is not meant to be a completely positive, uplifting place, Pennie. Many people call in here absolutely desperate and we all try to support them as best we can and offer advice, if we feel we have any. This is a place for people of all ages with arthritis.

You were positive before the op, of course you were. It upsets me to think that you are now so very unhappy. Please stay or private message some of your friends on here, should you wish to do so. It does help to talk.

You know we shall always welcome you back with open arms so if you really feel that to go, is the right thing to do at this time please do not hesitate to return. I shall not forget you.

Lots of love and hugs
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,433
    Options
    Hi Pennie
    Please don't go from me too!
    This place is for support too not just for cheery stuff.
    We would all want to still be here for you.
    Please take care
    Love
    Toni x
  • tillytot41
    tillytot41 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    I dont know you but i would think now would be the time you do need this forum and a place to feel supported and cared for.I would say its extremely important!!Im in a bad way myself and everyone has been so lovely to me!!!
    Ali xxx
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Hi Pennie, don't go!!! Stay with us, the forum is to help and support those struggling with wretched arthur. Chit chat is where people let off steam, crack jokes, rant etc.

It sounds as though you badly need support at the mo, let us help you as you have no doubt helped others in the past. Keep posting.

Let us know how you are doing!

Deb x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Pennie

Don't go!!! You'll be missed. Have you spoken to your doctor about how you're feeling? Please make an appointment to see someone soon. Your experiences, thoughts and advice are
    needed by others who post messages on the forum.

I was feeling fairly desperate these past few days and just posting on here made me feel positive and it made me focus on what was really important.

I hope you'll be back and this is just a wee blip on the horizon.

Do take care and don't leave us!!!!!

Sharmaine
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Pen, Pennie - I don't know you well, but it sounds as if now is the time you need the forum; when times get hard, that's when you need these peeps the most - I found that out myself.
    You could always PM those closest to you - I'm sure that anyone would help support you through a bad time.

Annie
  • jordan7j
    jordan7j Bots Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Pennie, I know we dont know each other, but will put in my two pennorth!! not everyone is upbeat all the time, its impossible to be. If you feel really down, then you need the forum more for support. I dont know what has happened, apart from obviously the surgery didnt go to plan, it must be so hard for you. Eveeryone is here for you, just know that. Jay
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Pennie
    i hope you are still looking at these posts. There are lots of really supportive people here, who will listen when you need them to. I have been in very dark places at times and talking has helped at times. PM me if you want to talk, please x
    Nicola
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Pennie,

you sound so sad and disappointed...but please don't let go of the friends you have here.

Life with arther is always full of ups and downs and when ops don't turn out as well as we hope it hits us hard.

But with the support and love of friends who truly understand what it is we are going through....we can, and do, bounce back.

that's what your friends here want to do for you....give you the support you need to help you through this hardest of times.

please reconsider pennie. Irisx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Pennie,

I do hope you are reading all these messages as there arre so many of us here saying Please Don't Go!!!!!

If we only ever came on here when we were tip top then there would be hardly any posts at times .... cos believe me there are bad times for us all at some point, and you are most certainly not on your own.

Sorry things have not gone well for you.

Please don't cut yourself off from people who understand - even if you don't post for a while.

sending you hugs & hoping to see you on here again soon, if you feel you can.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh Pennie,

Don't go please. this is not meant to be just a completely up lifting place, we all have problems and we can say about about them here so please don't stop coming.

I hope you really are reading these messages and see we don't want you to leave. Luv and a (((( )))) Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hello Pen
    I am really sorry your operation hasnt been successful, it must be so hard for you to read the success stories.But none of us are cured and we will all fall on bad times again too.I do hope you will stay on the forum as I am sure you will get the support you deserve.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    oh Pennie don't go, like you I was always thinking and posting happy posts even when I was feeling like crap. some one pm me and told me it was n't expected to be happy and upbeat all the time.
    stay checking in Hun, I don;t know you but in a very short time I know how important to me this site is.
    you sound sound so unhappy I hope you have some one close by for you
    lol
    Debbierose.
  • penfactor
    Options
    Hello my lovely friends,
    Once again, I am completely overwhelmed by your kindness & grateful for you all taking the time to make contact. I am also humbled because I know so many of you are currently fighting much greater battles than I.
    When I came on here the other day I was so down & had really wanted to say why but did not want to scare anyone waiting for ops as I know I spent many sleepless nights worrying about all sorts of things that could go wrong & decided to post this instead. However, after reading your amazing messages of support & really feeling that, yes, I could not be without them I am apologising for being such a drama queen & hoping you will put up with me again?!
    Also to those of you who have PM me I will be replying - by the way, Pixie, this shows how much our wonderful moderators are looking out for us too, I received a PM from them reminding me of the helpline.
    It's late now, but I will be back here posting tomorrow until you are sick of seeing my name!!
    love you guys
    Pennie XXX
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pennie,

You post away and maybe give the helplines a ring as well. Luv Cris xx
  • penfactor
    Options
    Thank you Cris - hope the weather is not too bad for you where you are. Keep warm.
    love Pennie X
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Pennie

Glad to see you back, I agree about the mods they pm'd me too when I was bad, it really makes a huge difference. Good to know that all these messages hit the spot and you know you can be here and moan as well as when you feel happier.

Love
    Vonski x
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Hi Pennie

I don't know you but i thought i'd stop by. You sounded so down in your 1st post but it seems you have decided to stay :D

And what's this you say about being a drama queen? Just read some of my latest posts and you will see you're not alone!

I have had a really bad time lately with depression, and who got me through it? Everybody on here did!

It's not all about being happy, even people without arthur can't be happy all the time. Everybody is here to share the good and the bad times.

Hope things get better for you soon

Carol X
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Pennie

I am so relieved that you are to stay with us through the good, bad and better times. We all have them and I know that you are having a very bad time at the moment and if I was in your position I would feel exactly the same. We are all fighting different battles, Pennie, to a greater or lesser degree and you must never compare yourself with others, ie saying there are people fighting greater battles than you are. You are most certainly fighting a battle at this time and I really wish I could help you. I for one, will never be sick of seeing your name on this forum. You are no drama queen either. You keep things very close to you which probably is not always a good thing.

Keep talking, my lovely, either on here or privately and you will be ok. I really do believe that.

Lots of love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi, hope youre ok, try not to be so hard on yourself, and keep reading the posts even if you dont feel you want to reply, will miss your posts, wishing you well jk
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I'm so glad you've decided to stay. If you need to be happy and positive on here, I'd have to go too, after spending the morning in tears because things arn't as good as I had hoped and I may need more surgery, (I read the bits that can go wrong, too which was very grim!) Lots of love Sue