Options
2»

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi all
    My Dad had the swine flu jab last Friday..........so far all ok. He has just finished cancer treatment so was advised to have it as his immune system is low after the radiotherapy. All the family (who live with him) have also been advised to have it so they don't carry it into the house.

Years ago my Dad had the normal flu jab and he was so ill, he had flu for 7 months! He said never again and was very aprehensive about having the swine flu jab but as i say, so far, so good.

Carol X
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I had the swine flu jab and flu jab at same time on Wed.No side effects or sore arms for me.
    I was offered flu jab as sitting for my swine flu so thought as I am quite disorganised I might as well get it down there and then.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi all,

Learned something else today! I was at the Rheumy Clinic having my monthly bloods done and mentioned I'd had the swine jab yesterday, and got to go back in 3 weeks for booster.

Nurse informs me that as I am on Methotrexate I should have at least 2 days clear before/after that when having the swine jab! I said 'well nobody told me that'........

You live and learn :)
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I had mine tonight along with my fouryear old son. we both had half dose tonight and go back for the other half in three weeks time. :D I also have had my ordinary flu jab back in october. I never hesitate to have my jabs.
    A nurse at my son school said she aint letting her child have it. personal choice :|
    I just hope done right thing. I felt really poorly after i had my flu jab last year. :D joanne
    Joanne
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I had my swine flu jab this morning. The jab itself was no problem, I've had far worse.
    I think my arm has a slight case of SF tonight, but I'm glad I had it done.

Annie
  • newark
    newark Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm sure someone on here will know the answer to this one. Is it safe to have the swine flu vaccination if you have RA? I had read that you can't have the tami flu if on Methotrexate and that shouldn't have the vaccination if have RA.

Has anyone had any other advice? Going to ring the General Nurse Practitioner at Rheumy clinic tomorrow (GP's just don't seem to know) but thought would ask around.

Thanks,

Lx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi, Newark - I posted above about having my SF jab yesterday. I've got probable RA, possible lupus/Sjogrens, but they all couldn't get me in the surgery fast enough. I also have asthma and diabetes, so maybe they were worried about those as well.

Annie

PS - forgot to say I'm on Metho, too.
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    newark wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm sure someone on here will know the answer to this one. Is it safe to have the swine flu vaccination if you have RA? I had read that you can't have the tami flu if on Methotrexate and that shouldn't have the vaccination if have RA.

Has anyone had any other advice? Going to ring the General Nurse Practitioner at Rheumy clinic tomorrow (GP's just don't seem to know) but thought would ask around.

Thanks, Lx

Hi, The only reason they've given me the swine flu jab is BECAUSE I have RA, and am taking Methotrexate.

Everyone advised me to have the jab; I was told the other day that you should have at least two days clear before/after the MTX when having your jab.

Hope this helps, Jackie

p.s. Had mine Thursday afternoon; site of jab is hardish, slightly red and warm - anyone else get that?