What's your Favourite Tipple?

ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 29. Nov 2011, 16:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
On a night out, what do you normally drink? Please let me know how your tastes have changed over the years. I'll go first because I'm going to have my say whether anyone likes it or not:

- When I first started to drink, I had bacardi and coke because that's what dad drinks and it felt very grown up, and norty because my parents STILL think I don't drink

- As I reached my twenties, I moved onto wine and I must say I do love my lambrini even now - my brother calls me all sorts for it, but I don't see what's wrong with a bottle of wine you don't need an opener for! I don't really like red wine

- I now drink vodka and lemonade but will revert back to any of the above on a whim, depending on what mood I'm in and how drunk I am.

It doesn't take much for me to get drunk, I've never felt the need to increase my alcohol intake - I'm a cheap date :-)

How about everyone else? Please reply even if you're teetotal. My husband is, it's handy always having a driver and someone to carry you home.

Nina
(Wife of a long suffering husband!)

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I used to drink Vodka and lime now, I don't drink. I just don't like it anymore.

I may have a glass of wine at Christmas, mainly at Dinner that is all.

Trisher
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Nina

I've never been able to drink a lot because I get squiffy so quickly. I remember drinking Babysham, and thinking I was the height of sophistication when I was young. Also Cherry B.

Now I like G and T, but mainly wine of any colour. Still get sqiiffy very easily though :!: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    when 15 vodka and black current (yuk) loved it then. moved onto contro bet spelt wrong and lemonade. now sothern comfort and lemonade but only three or four a year . mainly earl grey tea
    val
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    i was a beer drinker from an early age!
    my dad used to get crates of proper dark ale and i was sometimes allowed a tiny taste, i loved it!
    when i was in 18 i was a leather jacket wearing rock chick (lol) and so to fit in with the crowd i started drinking newcastle brown or sometimes a jack daniels and coke (jd and coke as we called it!) but i would much rather of drunk a proper ale!!
    i went through a phase of vodka and redbull about 4 or 5 yrs ago, but it didn't last long!
    now a days a very rarely drink, i'd say i average a couple of sips of wine a month, so not a lot. but it goes straight to my head, then i fall asleep, light weight!
    sue
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi everyone,
    Cherry B that takes me back, at the minuite I love a brandy and babysham, but you try and order it at a bar and they start to laugh. :lol: I might try asking for a cherry b see what reaction I get there :roll:
    Barbara
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    I really do drink brandy and ginger wine ever since I discovered that brandy is a painkiller (it works for me).
    I used to be a vodka and coke, but I do so remember the Babycham, my dad got it in specially for me at Christmas for a few years when I was insisting on a 'proper' drink!

Annie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Hi Annie,
    Try the Babysham with your brandy it is really nice, you can get the Babysham from any supamarket, I quite fancy one nowwe have been talking about it. I may treat myself for Christmas :lol:
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    My favourites are G & T, a nice strong perry cider or a good local bitter, not all at once mind!.
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Hi Nina,

I can't drink a lot because I'm a bit of a wimp in that department. However, I do enjoy a G & T with a slice of lime, and ice. Has to be Schweppes tonic!!

A wiff of Southern Comfort and lemonade brings back happy memories of being young, free and single, and I wouldn't say no if I was offered one now.

And depending on the moment, I enjoy a bottle of Becks.

Oh, and the odd glass of wine goes down well.

Pheebs x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi, my tastes have changed alot over the years, I started off on dry vermouth and lemonade, then I liked brandy and coke, cherry brandy with ice, now if and when I have a drink, I am back to dry vermouth and lemonade and snowballs, however I don't drink much because of my tablets love Jaspercatxx
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Hi Nina

Used to be able to drink quite a respectable amount (pre kids) but am now total lightweight. My 18 yr old told me tonight that I was a funny drunk, because I 'get totally hyper and then fall asleep after two drinks' ( his words!) My preferences in my youth were; cointreau and lemonade, tia maria and coke and southern comfort with lemonade. Then I progressed to beer, beer and more beer.

Nowadays I love nothing better than a wee brandy and ginger beer.....yummmmm!

B x
  • lottiefox
    lottiefox Member Posts: 64
    Used to drink Baileys - a big one with loads of ice!!

And definitely a red wine girl with a meal, or a stiff gin and tonic beforehand! 8)

Not drinking now - my liver likes OA even if the rest of me doesn't.... :?
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Tetley is my fav drink but it used to be brandy and bitter
    How you doin
    Colin
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Doing fine, thanks, and I'll raise my glass to you :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    tea :wink: having youngsters for the past 27 years has soberd me up :lol:

Did the opposite for me!.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    tea :wink: having youngsters for the past 27 years has soberd me up :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: you have mentioned fairly recently, your vodka binges, Jan :lol::lol::lol::lol: are you trying to forget? :roll: :lol:

Luv
    Elna xx
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Started off my drinking journey with a gin and orange at my mum's xmas work lunchtime drinks, when I was very young, (that is what the other girls were drinking) and promptly fainted and fell backwards! :shock: :roll: Never touched gin since :lol::lol: After that, cinzano but hate it now, any beer, Guinness pints of course, white, red wine, vodka, but best of all champagne. I love champagne. :D:D Probably because I don't get to drink that too often.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Was addicted to mostly vodka neat but now I like Guiness or cheap Wetherspoons real ale drinks but not good for medicibes
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Well i havent had a drink since starting MXT about 6months but would love a dark rum and coke :D
    i keep thinking every week i should have a little drink to see how i feel, but am abit scared for 2 resons
    1 i might feel ill
    2 i might not stop at 1 and get smashed :mrgreen:
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Nina

I started off on the cider as you do, cos it was cheap and could mess you up quickly :lol: :oops:
    Dabbled with the rum and coke, or vodka and lime but never really liked 'em. College days were lager of course.
    Have even done the pints of guinness for a while but I was going out with a rugby player at the time hey ho! happy days.
    These days I like a glass of red wine if you are buying?
    Chris
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Have even done the pints of guinness for a while but I was going out with a rugby player at the time hey ho! happy days.
    These days I like a glass of red wine if you are buying?
    Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris
    did he have Big rugby legs :D
    they do have good legs dont they
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Hi Chris

I would stand you a drink on a night out :-)

Rugby players do have nice legs but you can't beat the arms and hands of firemen - they all have very sturdy arms and hands from using the equipment and training. I've always been attracted to arms and hands - don't know why?!

Nx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    page35 wrote:
    Hi Chris
    did he have Big rugby legs :D
    they do have good legs dont they

That made me laugh Page :lol::lol:
    He was 6 foot 4 inches tall to my 5, 5. We got all the jokes about orange grates :lol: and yes the legs were good but then so were mine back then!! :?

Hi Nina Thanks for the drink, you GOTTA go for them heels while you can, have a good night out with your fireman you lucky girl.
    Chris :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Nina,

Oh I love pink Champagne I really do, or a drop of very expensive single malt...... Don't have it much mind :wink:

When I was a kid my father had a wine cellar.... In a cowshed but racks of wine. 10 years old me, my brother and his mate scaled the roof, took off some tiles and dropped in..... We sank at good 4 bottles of wine before we all quietly past out...... Panicing Nanny got the keys from my father (it was padlocked) and found us...... You get alcoholic poisoning as a 10 year old and it seems to mean you don't ever drink much ever again :lol::lol: Cris x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    I don't seem to drink very much at all these days.

Then why do I come back with all the wine offers at Tescos and use all my wine vouchers. Most of the bottles will end up as raffle prizes and then I take the occasional bottle of red wine to our art sessions. I think I have about 3 glasses of red a week.
    That's as much as I am allowed to drink. Got to look after the old liver.

I do love J2O's

Joy