What's your Favourite Tipple?

Options
2»

Comments

• Janina
    Janina Member Posts: 1
    edited 29. Nov 2011, 05:41
    Options
    I usually go for a nectar-sweetened tipple, a concoction a bit sweet but also quite intoxicating. I use an australian wine to spice these things up.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This thread has brought back a lot of memories. I'd completely forgotten half the stuff I used to drink. My real love is a good Islay - preferably Ardbeg or Bowmore but, in these methotrexate days, it's usually just a glass of Chenin Blanc or Sauvignon Blanc. In summer a dry cider or Old Peculier doesn't go amiss, or a Pimms, and you can't beat mulled wine on a cold winter's day. Don't see the point of champagne.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I find I forget half the stuff I drink whilst I am doing it, hence the rather woolly-headed mornings which sometimes occur. :smile: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Beer (it comes in pint glasses), real ale is my fav, can't drink much these days, my body processes it differently and I get intoxicated and dehydrated easily.

Sooooo, I drink sometimes a GnT or a red wine, the richer and smoother the better, tanin gives me a headache. I'll sometimes leave a bottle open for a couple of days to get rid of the tanin taste or decanter and tip between jugs a dozen times to 'let it air'. A bottle will last us a week sometimes, pathetic aren't I!

I love whisky, sippin stuff, not the gurgling stuff. OH likes sweet liqueur drinks that stay in the cupboard for years.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I lived on Adnams bitter recently, this week-end it will be Wherry. Lots of it. I adore real ale, I can no longer drink red wine or spirits, but the odd G&T is OK. White wine is very acceptable too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    afraid nowadays I dont drink but I did used to like pernod and black

Then my taste buds turned to wine

Now its tea or coffee :lol:
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Oooh, gotta be Heney's or Aspall Cider, dry n lovely in summer,
    A good glass red anytime :wink:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I used to like Rum & Black or G&T. Alternatively here in Kent there is a well known cider named after a village begining with "Bid" (don't think I'm allowed to name it!), and this is sold in half pints only it's so strong.

One night in a village pub I'd had three half-pints of this well known and very strong cider (and was happily merry) and my fella started talking to this chap. I then starting chatting to him too, smoothing his lapel down - as you do - and generally flattering him. At that point my fella said "I'd better introduce you - meet Dr xxxx; my GP!". I could have fallen to the floor (and nearly did). Mind you, Dr xx seemed to thoroughly enjoy the experience.

I now can't drink cider as it's too acidic for my bladder (won't go into detail). Current drink is either Barcardi & Diet Coke (save the calories for the booze you know!) or Cinzano and Lemonade, or a white wine spritzer. Rose wine is okay but can't stand red - tastes like vinegar!
    Grace
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Good grief , sounds like I'm representing the temperance league here ; how boring am I ? I drink tea ( no milk ) , caffeine free diet cola or diet tonic water . Never realised before what a tediously boring old biddy I've become ! Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Not boring at all, jillyb1. (Or tedious or an old biddy.) Tea is a given.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Beer Hand pulled in a British pub.The piddle we get here in Spain just can't compare. San Miguel I would prefer Holy Water
    Mind you that first cup of tea in the morning probably beats even mother's milk
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Beer,but has to be real ale of course drawn straight from the barrel.A few pubs still do it that way,if not then from the hand pump.Cannot abide keg beers,fizzy,cold and bland.
    Favourite style of beer is mild (not keg),porters and stouts.Love CAMRA winter ale festivals.
    Also very partial to a good single malt (especially Lagavulin)
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)