Desperately need Ideas for feet.

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 23. Dec 2009, 17:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

My feet are trashed! Some of it is pa, some oa and some of it is the circulation thing but there are so many 'chilblains' that effectively there are now only one right round and part over the! I am very lame, 3 bits have ruptured and you know what I kinda fed up with them :x

I got an early pressy today a new pair of Frankensteins boots and they have been much warmer than in my Hunters. I got bits of metal in them, a little too big but never removed cus I heal so badly and slowly, and they are hurting like hell as well! I just wondered if anyone has any ideas as to what I cold do to a) Stop the ruptures from ulcerating and b) help them to stop banging like this? I am going to push for the 2 really bad toes to be removed but I don't see the consultant till may and thankfully (and I very rarely say the thankfully! :wink: ) I got the drip again next month.

Any ideas gratefully needed cus I feel like cutting the toes off my self just now! Sorry, I do try to keep up beat but they really are a mess just now and I kninda need them to give me a bit of peace....... They are this bad and its only December! :shock:

Hope your all coping better with the cold than my feet are and your all sort of ok? Luv Cris x

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi All,

My feet are trashed! Some of it is pa, some oa and some of it is the circulation thing but there are so many 'chilblains' that effectively there are now only one right round and part over the! I am very lame, 3 bits have ruptured and you know what I kinda fed up with them :x

I got an early pressy today a new pair of Frankensteins boots and they have been much warmer than in my Hunters. I got bits of metal in them, a little too big but never removed cus I heal so badly and slowly, and they are hurting like hell as well! I just wondered if anyone has any ideas as to what I cold do to a) Stop the ruptures from ulcerating and b) help them to stop banging like this? I am going to push for the 2 really bad toes to be removed but I don't see the consultant till may and thankfully (and I very rarely say the thankfully! :wink: ) I got the drip again next month.

Any ideas gratefully needed cus I feel like cutting the toes off my self just now! Sorry, I do try to keep up beat but they really are a mess just now and I kninda need them to give me a bit of peace....... They are this bad and its only December! :shock:

Hope your all coping better with the cold than my feet are and your all sort of ok? Luv Cris x

Hi Cris, I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your feet. Have you got an infection in your toes? Have you got anyone coming round to dress them for you? I'm not really sure I understand what the problem is but it sounds painful and debilitating. Maybe you could ring the consultant's sec and try and get your appt brought forward - don't know if that is an option for you. I wish I could help a bit more.
    Sally
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Sally,

I dressing them at the mo and so far there is no infection...... I have had an ulcer on the right one long ago and had a toe off the left one for gangrene (was actually an injury that wasn't treated right and cus of my rubbish circulation it got nasty). I just feel very down over them and a bit worried at what they are up to :shock:

I have a big brother type version of Raynaud's, its like Acrocyanosis but its basically the blood vessels I have just aren't big enough to support me. The drip is next month and maybe the consultant will be wiling t pop down the ward? I just need some way of stopping them from doing the ulceration thing...... Sorry kinda running scared here....... You would never guess eh?! :wink:

You take care and thanks fr you support. Cris x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Cris, not sure if I can help a great deal, but what exactly are you using for dressings?

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Cris

Can you keep your feet elevated That is what you need to do to stop ulcers.

I know it is very hard for you to do, but everytime you are indoors elevate them to help the blood go up your legs.

You need to get them looked at ASAP Cris, before Christmas.

In the meantime, I can only suggest dressing them. Get to the doctors or ring them. See if a District Nurse can come and dress thm properly.

I have never suffered from them, but I do know about your circulation problems.

Cris please let me know how you are. if you are still up or pm as soon as you can.

Love and hugs ((((((())))))) for you,

Trish xxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Annie,

At the mo I using dry dressings of meloin. they are like burst blisters and just so sore. I got them n a bucket of salt water..... Used to do this with both the ulcer and before they removed the toe. I am sure now its a bit warmer and I got the Frankensteins boots they will hold till the drip....... Just I do worry about ulcers cus of the Employers and being broke and well I can't afford to be off my feet just now...... I'm just panicking Annie, sorry :roll: xx

Hi Trish,

I know flower and I am sorry but I know you understand where this will lead. I don't think its yet but there is always that nagging fear. I will calm down over them and the new boots will help. Good Christmas pressie eh? :D Love and ((( ))) Cris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Cris,

I am sorry to read that you are struggling so badly with your feet. I can't really suggest anything more than has been suggested already, but wanted you to have a big hug from me (((((((((((()))))))))))))

maybe they could suggest dressings more likely to help them to heal? My MIL had some silver dressings when she had badly-healing ulcers on her legs (she is diabetic) AND THEY :oops: caps lock :oops: :roll: really really worked well so might be worth asking?

You never get anything if you don't ask :wink:
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Cris, I would have suggested Melolin if you hadn't already been using it, but I wonder if the salt baths are drying them out too much?
    It's the only thing I can think of that might help, you could see if the doctor's surgery will let you have some vaseline dressings or a prescription for them and alternate the two. I did this once before and it did seem to help.
    I'll have a think overnight too and see if I can come up with anything else.

Annie
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Cris,
    I've no words of wisdom to offer but wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and hope with all my heart you get some relief from the pain. ':roll:'

Do you think you should see someone before your next appointment...just to get checked out':?:' might be able to get the dressings that other peeps have suggested to see if they help...

let us know how you are tomorrow Cris. hope you can get some restful sleep. Iris x
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris

Hang in there I wil try and see what you may be able to do.

Annie I might disappear for a mo, I will be back
    Trish xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris,

Cover them well for now.

I have found tthe NHS, I googled and got on there. If they are NOT ulcerated you can try Friar's Balsam and Iodine. You have to mix together one part this and so on.

Cris, I'm not deserting you......I think you should look at the site just put Chillblain and it tells you Treatment of them.........because we may get into trouble for telling you medical things.

Cris

We are here for you,

Trish xxx
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris

If they are broken, you MUST SEE a doctor, can you call your GP out tomorrow?

I would take them out of salt Chris, keep them as dry and warm cover them. The Melomin will be ok for tonight.

I'm not sure if that can make them sweaty, oh lets have a group hug(((((((((((HUG))))))) Petal.

Love Trish xxxx
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris

What about Jelonet I might not have spelt it right. That is what they used to put on my ulcers.

That was some years ago................things may have changed.

Please keep them dry but you must see someone who is medical It's your circulation probs, we both know them don't we? Try to keep your feet elavated for now.

love Trish xxxxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonkey,

hanks for the info about ulceration, its good to know things have changed cus its years since it had one and they gave me seaweed and blue crystals and it still took 18 months to truly close. It sounds a lot quicker now :D ((( ))) xx

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your support, its really got to me today cus they have warmed up and when very cold they don't hurt..... swell up and not too mobile but they don't feel at all. I may just have burnt them eh? xx

Hi Trish,

Got some iodine...... might dress them with that over night and then just paint it on. Its obviously animal stuff but it will clobber any potential infection eh? Yep its circulation on the skin, aggravated by the oa, pa and pins and plates eh?

Don't you go worrying they do this in all old spells, just this one has come early eh? I get scared cus you know where it will lead but not yet eh? I got them well elevated, the fire is working well and I am less cold. I also got the pillows to go in the bed AND will keep them away from the hottles :oops: I shouldn't post when I scared cus I know other people then worry for me and you mustn't please. Love and ((( ))) Cris xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Cris

Yes I do know where it may lead.

If it does, you know, I will be by your side to guide you and come through and out the other side.????

You try and get warm and rest I will talk to you tomorrow when I come back from Hospital.

All my Love Trish xxx Hey Ben will see his donkey Busby on 25th.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Trish,

Oh he'll love Busby. Is that one down this end or up country?

Good luck t the hospital and don't worry about my feet cus I worrying enough for the world just now :wink: It would 'probably' only be half the feet first but as you sadly know the circulation means healing is so hard to do eh? Its not happened yet and you kind folk have helped me to get perception back :D It just got to me tonight. First frost and they start up but they are now worse than they normally get......... Bring on the drip eh? :lol::lol:

You take care Trish and have a good night.

Hi Lynne,

Its so nice to see you :D You stay warm cus I think you got snow? We meant to get some tonight but its a beautiful sky out there, so many stars........... and 3 over playful foxes making such a noise :wink: Love and ((((( ))))) Cris xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Lynn,

Must be something in the air :wink: You go careful on the snow we just got permafrost and a top covering of hard frost. One of the bigger foxes started to come towards me so I will go take him/her a can of dog food, the deal being they DON'T come in daylight and they shut up for a bit :wink: Love Cris xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Cris

I am so sorry to hear that your feet are painful, to say the least, not being at all co operative and causing you such concern. I wish I had some answers for you but unfortunately I have none. Please seek advice, look after yourself and keep warm.

Thinking of you, lots of love and gentle hugs,
    Elna x((()))
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    hi Cris, did I misunderstand or are you working at the moment? Just be very careful and take time off if you possibly can. Lots of good ides from everyone but my old nursing training doesn't help here as I can't recall any treatment for preventing ulcers (it was a long time ago!) But if the skin is broken perhaps you should see your gp and also see if they can arrange a district nurse to dress them - then they can keep an eye on them and that will take away some of the worry for you.
    Sally x
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Hi Cris,

How are you today??I hope things have improved for you and you are feeling less worried this morning.

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice that hasn't already been offered so I will keep it short and sweet and send you hugs instead (((((((()))))))))

Arna xxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Hi Cris, how's it going today? Are the boots still helping?

Annie
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,949
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    I'm feel so sorry for you i have not had any of your problems.
    would you please phone your docters has we all
    care about you.
    the only thing i can think of is you walking on your hands. and can you tell me what is pa.
    please take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Options
    Oh, am so sorry to hear things are bad for you at the moment. Afraid can only back up others in saying I think you need to get them looked at asap to get some help with them. I'm thinking of you, you look after yourself and take care. Josie x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, If you'r ulcer's have broken, the nurses can dress them with all sorts of special dressings. They have verious sorts for different problems. If the skin over them is still in tact, with no broken areas, use Aqueous Cream to wash instead of soap, and to rub some on the skin to keep it soft, or E45. Really, you need some treatment ASAP from the doctor or the practice nurse.

It sounds so sore, I do feel for you, I know how grumpy new shoes that rub make me, but I've never had such a bad problem as you. My experience comes from creaming other peoples legs! I liked doing it because you could see from the faces just how much better it felt and the skin looked so different for a while. Oh, I do miss work!
    Feel better soon, Love Sue
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Oh Cris
    you got such alot to do your feet cant play you up.
    did they put you a permanent line in for drip? hopefully that will help feet but thats a month away, have you called doc yet? think you should prob get seen.
    you go carefull,
    love and bubbles
    shaz x
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Cris

Sorry to be just catching this. Do hope you are feeling a little better today. Just calling in to send you some hugs and wishing for warmer weather for you. Hang in there.
    take care
    Chris xxx