All you birdy-type peeps

Options
2»

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Might be an Oozel Bird, knowen for its droppings. Sure its not Orvil in drag? Um, a greater red crest is a fancy chinese chicken. As its weraing a mask, could it be the caped crusader, Robbin git? :lol:

That sounds rather rude.

We are all taking this serious. In the manner it was written.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Wonky, don't know if this helps, but the red crest I keep mentioning was a single row of feathers standing up, curly at the ends - maybe three/four feathers in all?

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Wonky, don't know if this helps, but the red crest I keep mentioning was a single row of feathers standing up, curly at the ends - maybe three/four feathers in all?

Annie

Being no one knows what it might be, any chance two birds interbred? I know they should not but cannot think of anythig it could be.

Apart, from being a foreign bird, that has got lost on it's way somewhere. Or through the bad weather we have had. Perhaps it could not keep up with the other birds.
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

We think it's most likely an escapee from a collection ...... or you could try hunting for rare bird sightings in your area - there are lots of sites but he suggested this one - hope it is ok to post the link it's not a commercial site
    http://www.fatbirder.com/

sorry not to be any more help. :oops:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Annie,

The one that was here was almost certainly a Siberian Thrush and they can get caught up with the redwings (they are here in force) and well a proper bird person told me that tonight...... I didn't know if she really knew cus well I immediately went into the Siberian hamster from Fawty Towers thing but she was aliment that’s what I had here..... Don't know if it helps with yours and I still think mine was a Robin on steroids :wink::lol::lol: xx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Wonkylegs wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie

We think it's most likely an escapee from a collection ...... or you could try hunting for rare bird sightings in your area - there are lots of sites but he suggested this one - hope it is ok to post the link it's not a commercial site
    http://www.fatbirder.com/

sorry not to be any more help. :oops:

We're beginning to think the same - I gather now that my neighbour saw it too, and he thinks its an 'exotic'. I will look at the link and see if I can identify it..........if I do I will surely let you all know.

Annie
  • countessheather
    countessheather Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Um, how many G and t's have you had recently? My record was 3 with the meds before I kept seeing tweety birds! :)
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    lindalegs wrote:
    Thanks Annie,

Could it have been a Jay?

Luv Legs :?

Jay's are woodland birds are you close to a wooded area??, it's call is similar to Magpie as it's from the same genus(is that the right word?)

It was a Jay that I saw in my daughter's garden in London ages ago. It does belong to the Magpie family. Thanks Luv Legs.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:

It was a Jay that I saw in my daughter's garden in London ages ago. It does belong to the Magpie family. Thanks Luv Legs.

Hi Joy,

Jay's are lovely birds if you are lucky enough to see them, I've only seen two in my long life ......wrens are my favourite bird because their behaviour on the ground is like little mice, they're so busy.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    I'm amused by a couple of pairs of ring doves in the garden. They are nesting in the conifers opposite our dining room so we watch them whilst we have brekkie.
    They're so comical but very much in love with each other.

Joy
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Hi

Legs - I love wrens too - spotted one just yesterday morning, whizzing round the bird bath!

They just amaze me - tiny, weeny little things, but a great big voice on them, that belies their size - and lovely to watch.

I take it we haven't discovered the mystery bird yet, Annie?

Luv Lynn xxx

I love watching the wrens, too - comical little birds! The pied wagtails fascinate me, they look like animated liquorice allsorts. No ID on the mystery bird, Lynn, have been keeping a watch as and when I can.

Love
    Annie
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Hi just a thought ( just awake ) could it be a lovebird that has escaped it avairy

Mike & hazel& Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR