Wedding venue!

Options
madness1985
madness1985 Member Posts: 293
edited 4. Mar 2014, 04:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well i had to share! Im havin a really bad time (i have hospital/doctors appointment mon-thur) but then on friday we are going to book our wedding venue and AFUR will not prevent me going this time even if i need a bloody w/c for the day.

I need to get on with life n booking the wedding is a positive step yay x

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good for you, madness :!: :!: That's the spirit :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Book your wedding venue! And you are right, don't let arfur run your life for you. Be as strong as you are able and all will be well.

You can be sure that we are all supporting you.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Vicky!

Wonderful news. I remember you mentioned back in, was it September time last year, that you would be getting married and you were thinking of a winter wedding. Will that still be the case and will the colours be diamond white and pink or have you changed your mind?

I am very aware that you are having a bad time and things have been difficult for you for quite some time now

You will have great fun arranging your day and as we wish to share in your happiness on here, please let us know as arrangements progress, won't you. :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Aw, love a wedding! Congratulations and you tell Arfur to go hang and you get there!
    Do let us know when it will be and what colours you finally choose.

Annie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    now a wedding that we will enjoy. let us know what venue like and what colours you have decided on .we will be with you every step of the way to help you fight arther so you can get through it
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Well i had to share! Im havin a really bad time (i have hospital/doctors appointment mon-thur) but then on friday we are going to book our wedding venue and AFUR will not prevent me going this time even if i need a bloody w/c for the day.

Hi Sorry I don't know your name, just want to say how lovely you are sharing this with us, please keep us updated with the arrangments then we can all all follow, have you got your dress yet, oh I love weddings.
    You take care of yourself we will all help you through this , don,t worry we wont all turn up.
    Very best wishes
    Barbara x :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:

Hi Sorry I don't know your name, just want to say how lovely you are sharing this with us, please keep us updated with the arrangments then we can all all follow, have you got your dress yet, oh I love weddings.
    You take care of yourself we will all help you through this , don,t worry we wont all turn up.
    Very best wishes

true we would all never manage to be well on the same day lol
    val
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    How lovely, planning your wedding. I'm so jealous :-)

Nx

PS - tell us girls ALL the details, please. I love girlie stuff like this.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi ya.
    good news. you'll be too busy to think about afur.
    I was planning my son's wedding this time last year. brilliant
    if you want any help, just let me know. I think I am an expert now, especially as I have been married 3 time myself.
    Where are you going to get married?

joy
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Go for it!! I was on crutches up until my wedding but managed to just about hobble down the aisle.

So where have you got up to in your wedding planning? Have you got a dress yet?

Lucia x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    How wonderful, a wedding, I love weddings ......may we all be your bridesmaids .....how many would you like, not forgetting we're all cyber and don't take up much room? :wink:

Luv Legs :D

PS Remember to tell arthur he's not invited :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • madness1985
    Options
    Hello,

Me again .. what a start to week more drugs but for asthma grr! But never mind, i come with links!

( Sorry everyone, but I have deleted the link. I have pmd to explain the reasons why I was concerned Jean123 (Forum Supervisor))

I have decided to fight afur and im still going for a winter wedding we are actually booking 24th december (yes i am mad!!!). I looked into summer but its not what i wanted heat agrevates my asthma/hayfever so it wasnt ever going to work!

So yes christmas wedding, its a week long celebratation as u have to book for a whole week of christmas which is good for me as means i can see all my guests at some point, we are having a pamper day on christmas day and a hog roast for boxing day!!

I am going for pink and white because i simply love pink! I am having a pink wedding dress with white flowers and my bm's are having white dresses with pink flowers .. thats all ive got so far!!

xx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Good idea, we could do the wedding in the function room of the Cane and Able, I would even supply the disco and sarnies at cost :D

Looks like you're in a white frock with pink flowers Rehab .....but I'm sure it will be in a very manly fabric :shock: .......and why aren't you offering complimentary pickled eggs ...this is a wedding man? :!:
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hello,

Me again .. im still going for a winter wedding we are actually booking 24th december (yes i am mad!!!). I looked into summer but its not what i wanted heat agrevates my asthma/hayfever so it wasnt ever going to work!

So yes christmas wedding, its a week long celebratation as u have to book for a whole week of christmas which is good for me as means i can see all my guests at some point, we are having a pamper day on christmas day and a hog roast for boxing day!!

I am going for pink and white because i simply love pink! I am having a pink wedding dress with white flowers and my bm's are having white dresses with pink flowers .. thats all ive got so far!!

xx

That looks a beautiful setting for a wedding and it's on Christmas Eve, how romantic ......hope you'll have your fur-lined unmentionables on. :wink:

It all sounds wonderful.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
  • barbara12
    Options
    I think you take rehab up on his offer, sure he would do a good job, some lovely pics could be taken near the gents in the cane and able :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options
    awwww i wanna wedding like this, who up for a remariage :lol:
    Hi Jan, my wedding was a diaster, would love to do it again if I had the money.And was about 40 years younger :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi
    How lovely a Christmas wedding. Do hope all goes well for you both. I did see the link, looked a wonderful place but do understand why you may have reconsidered posting it.
    take care of yourself and enjoy all the planning.
    Chris
  • madness1985
    Options
    Thanks for all your comments. Apoligises i didnt think when i was posting the link. If anyone would like to see i can pm you the link instead. I just crn't wait until Friday :D
  • valval
    Options
    sounds lovely so glad you got it sorted keep us in touch with how it all going
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Whaay!!!
    Sounds brilliant!
    I love pink too :) you will look gorgeous!!
    I am so exited!
    Went to telford yesterday and they had a bridal fayre in the shopping centre cars dresses the lot!
    Love
    it yes I for one want the link!!!
    Love
    Toni xx 194.gif
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    Winter weddings are lovely (I got married on Boxing day). Congratulations, I wish you both every happiness. Your plans sound lovely.

Anne
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    annebr wrote:
    Winter weddings are lovely (I got married on Boxing day). Congratulations, I wish you both every happiness. Your plans sound lovely.

Anne

My in-laws got married on Boxing Day and celebrated their Golden wedding this last Boxing Day. Sounds wonderful enjoy the planning as much as the day
    Kate x
  • madness1985
    Options
    Thanks everyone :D Its nearly friday woohoo and my physio has caused my back to spasum abit but ill just rest up after docs appointment tommorrow and should be fine for friday! My oh very kindly brought me all the card today so i could start the stationary as i want to make it myself :D at least ive got plenty of time! Good thing todo as im a bit of a night owl!

x
  • valval
    Options
    bet they will look lovely and no one else will have the same as you.
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks everyone :D Its nearly friday woohoo and my physio has caused my back to spasum abit but ill just rest up after docs appointment tommorrow and should be fine for friday! My oh very kindly brought me all the card today so i could start the stationary as i want to make it myself :D at least ive got plenty of time! Good thing todo as im a bit of a night owl!

x
    Hi Please send me the link, then I can dream
    Love
    Barbara