me first

fishing ..when I am not sore and in bits

football..cardiff city fan

music...live bands especially

reading

walking..not so much anymore ..lol

swimming, cycling

thought of joining a book club

dont really like theatre or opera etc as I have to sit down for too long and get stiff

Comments

• fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Computer gaming when i can sit comfortably which is'nt very much at the moment not for long periods of time anyway, great shame as its one of the few things that keeps me sane.

Reading scifi, horror, fantasy, fiction in involving air combat, books on science finally trying to gen up on astronomy as i really would like to get myself a decent telescope and do what i often did as a child stare at the stars and planets and galaxies etc wondering at their beauty and what life may lay there.

Films again would love to go and see the latest releases but unless they install full electric recliners or beds :roll: it aint going to happen anytime soon so make do with dvd/bluray again as with reading mainly scifi/horror/fantasy.

Did like going fishing once upon a time but would need a block and tackle to get me upright after being sat so long :lol:
  • bluebeard
    bluebeard Member Posts: 260
    Options
    well done !!

I wish I did more reading

spend too long on my computer
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi

I enjoy reading. I like writing poems - but only do it when I'm feeling particularly miserable!!!!!

DIY (I used to do all the decorating but can't anymore)

gardening - love it and miss it terribly.

walking - can't do much of this either (OH pushes me about in the wheelchair). Hopefully this will change after ops.

Sharmaine

bluebeard wrote:
    me first

fishing ..when I am not sore and in bits

football..cardiff city fan

music...live bands especially

reading

walking..not so much anymore ..lol

swimming, cycling

thought of joining a book club

dont really like theatre or opera etc as I have to sit down for too long and get stiff
  • suehlh
    suehlh Member Posts: 8
    edited 13. Feb 2010, 17:15
    Options
    hi
    i love my pc & reading but my main hobby is card making which i started 2 yrs ago(when hands will let me ) & our 4 beautiful grandchildren (all under 3)
    sue x
  • bluebeard
    Options
    card making ?

sounds brilliant

really creative I would imagine
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Right long list so here goes.

My first love is radio controlled gliding. ie full house aerobatic slope soaring. I do a bit of powered but the last time I tried I had a radio problem and the dam thing went in verticle at full throttle, it didn't half make a bang!

fishing

canoeing.

canoe fishing and canoe camping on the Thames.

Ratting ith dogs and air guns.

rough shooting with shotguns(don't do much of this now to much to carry)

painting badly!.

CB SSB radio when I can get into me shed that is.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    reading, walking, playing games on fb tut tut. think i a bit boaring reading this every one else does so much more lol
    val
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    Options
    This makes fascinating reading - everyone is different and so enterprising! Am a nosey-parker who's always curious about people. Might well get ideas from you for trying something new.

Was into playing and coaching sports bigtime but that changed about 20 years ago (in early 40s) when I had to struggle to find a revised way of looking at life.
    That took some time but in result ;

Became a Samaritan, and still am.

Restarted horse-riding but from a new perspective and competed
    successfully as an RDA rider. Still ride most days - for physiotherapy and psychotherapy. (Courtesy of a quiet, bomb-proof mare, adapted reins and an inspirational Trainer.)

Am a listed Dressage Judge so maintain contact with able-bodied sport riding in a productive way.

Adore time with husband, our adult children and our three grandchildren.

Husband reorganised the garden so I can potter around with trowel etc on good days.

Followed several years theology studies and have become a Quaker.

Otherwise generally to be found on PC, watching TV documentaries, reading or flat out!

No regrets and great quality of life - provided I remember to pace myself.

Crinkly1
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    valval wrote:
    reading, walking, playing games on fb tut tut. think i a bit boaring reading this every one else does so much more lol

Val

You are not boring, if I hear you say that again, I will slap your wrists, ouch.

You enjoy going to the pictures, you run the cafe, you work, you make me laugh,

So how is that boring???? :shock:

love Trish xxx
  • trisher
    Options
    Deep sea diving, bungey jumping, ski ing, climbing Ben Nevis.

rock climbing, bingo :D
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    trisher wrote:

ye gods bingo sounds abit harsh compared to the rest of your hobbies :P
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    valval wrote:

Val

You are not boring, if I hear you say that again, I will slap your wrists, ouch.

You enjoy going to the pictures, you run the cafe, you work, you make me laugh,

So how is that boring???? :shock:

Definitely, Val - you are not boring! Please keep making me laugh!

I read, knit and crochet when the hands allow it, love to potter about outside when weather and arther and asthma allow, use PC a lot for family contacts, still work (very) part time! But most of our hobbies have been put aside for the moment to allow for our house move in a few weeks. That's not so much a hobby as a full time job just now! Once settled into our new home, hoping to do some voluntary work.
    I'm the boring one!

Annie

love Trish xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    trisher wrote:

can not do bingo would never dare shout if won lol
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    trisher wrote:

You fell off Ben last time we tried it!

Annie
  • trisher
    Options
    valval wrote:
    trisher wrote:

can not do bingo would never dare shout if won lol

Val

Do not fear, cos if you won then I would shout for you :D Now how much you planning on winning so I can get my shout right :D
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi there Val. Of course you are not boring. I envy you being able to sit down and read. I hve loads of books and have a job relaxing enough.

Of course, everybody knows my main hobby is Art. All media, sometimes mixed. Any subject. Just love painting.
    Other hobby is gardening but can't do this so much now.

Joy
  • chahoua
    chahoua Member Posts: 29
    edited 12. Feb 2010, 17:05
    Options
    My first love are reptiles but I'm interested in all animals and wildlife. I keep small reptiles, geckos mainly. I find them very theraputic, especially on a bad day. I also love photography and walking my two pooches (more like plodding these days though). Love watching formula one and I like to travel. xxx
  • trisher
    Options
    valval wrote:

Val

You are not boring at all. Look how many laughs you give me on here.

I think we should have a coach trip instead of a cruise and we can go to the sea side. :D

You are one of the sweetest people I know.

Trish xxx

hey have you been kite flying :D
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi BB,

I sort of made my hobby a way of life a few years ago and beyond that I am not sure I have one really. I do like playing with a camera and writing and do love music (or what I call music at any rate :wink: ) I have a deep regard for nature, animals and used to love reading till I got a bit of problems with the eye sight but have just decided talking books aren't too bad. Take care Cris

Hi Crinkly1,

Hey I used to ride dressage to intermediate, one of the first things the oa took off me actually ..... the suppleness in the back problem :wink: Well done on the RDA I wonder about that but I used to ride T/B's and loved that kind of riding and well I do miss it but maybe the RDA is an answer?

Doid you say you still judge? Take care and nice to meet you Cris
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Became a Samaritan, and still am.

Hi Crinkly1

You have my utmost respect for doing this vital work. It takes a particular kind of person to be able to listen to someone who is in the depths of despair without judging them in any way. There are times when it is easier to confide in a stranger than to burden friends and family with our troubles, so the Samaritans provide a much-needed service. I support the charity in every way that I can.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    What are my hobbies and interests :?: The only problem is that there aren't enough hours in the day, and mundane things like housework and shopping etc. tend to get in the way.

I like to learn new things as I have a huge fear of stagnating, and I try to guard against it by being in touch with my inner child. You know, that was the time when you thought that anything and everything was possible, and you were curious to learn what the world was all about. We tend to lose that curiosity as we become adults, but I try to keep it alive as much as possible.

I never imagined that I would enjoy working on a computer, but I go to classes, and I have become very enthusiastic. I also enyoy painting, and I'm trying different techniques and media. I am inspired by many artists, so I love visiting art galleries, and could happily spend many hours looking at art work. I have always been interested in literature, and I read whenever I can find the time. I also enjoy writing.

I am also very keen on the theatre, and I particularly enjoy the ballet. I support the Birmingham Royal Ballet, and try to see all their productions.

There is more, but I won't go on.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,944
    Options
    Hi all.
    i used to go horse riding i had my own horse.
    but i cannot do it any more thr
    i love taking my dog for a walk with my mobility scoota.
    ilove being on this forum and having a game of cards and doing jigsaw puzzle's on comp.
    i love going swimming and the gym.and walking
    but i cannot walk a long way now.
    and i love westlife.
    and gardening a little bit at a time.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • suehlh
    suehlh Member Posts: 8
    Options
    hi
    i agree not enough hours in the day (my card making/gifts comes last on my list ) after looking after the african grey parrot, tropical fish, 2 dogs, 2 ferret, & 2 guinea pigs, lol
    then it's me time
    sue xxxx
  • bluebeard
    Options
    my sister and her husband used ti dance for them

my sister is now retired

her husband is now a teacher of the artists there , since he retired a few years ago

his name is micheal o hare

my sister was julie francis allen
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi bluebeard

The names of Julie Francis Allen and Michael O'Hare are distinguished indeed in the world of ballet :!: How wonderful to have them as members of your family. I am awe-struck :!: :!:

I will be going to see the Birmingham Royal Ballet in March, so I will see some of Michael O'Hare's work again then. Wonderful :!: :!: :D