New to the forum

Options
bellini
bellini Member Posts: 42
edited 15. Feb 2010, 15:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am not very keen on forums, however, maybe it's because I have looked at the wrong ones. I stumbled across this one :wink: last week out of a bit of boredum. Since I have RA (eight years) and today is my injection day, I thought I would have a go at message sending.

I inject myself once a week with an anti-tnf drug and find it very good. However, I do get pain at certain times of the year - now for eg and until about the Spring. Would like to hear from others about your coping methods.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Bellini

Welcome to the forums form me :):)

I take it you've had a look round alreday if you found us last week.

We are a friendly bunch of people all ages and experience, but with the common issue of arhtitis of one sort or another.

I hope you are feeling ok today - I am lucky so far still doing ok on hydroxy - no needles :):wink:

Look forward to redaing your posts :)
    Take crea

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi bellini

I stumbled across this forum in exactly the same way as you at this time last year, and I had never posted on a forum in my life before. Now here I am a year later with over 3000 posts to my name.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. There are some lovely people on here, and many who will be able to help and support you with coping with your arthritis.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Hi Bellini

Nice to see you on the site :-) I'm sure everyone will be on soon to post their comments.

I have RA, was diagnosed with it last year and take methotrexate tablets. I manage it quite well at the moment and fingers crossed it stays that way!

Nx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Bellini!
    a warm welcome from me too! Like you I had never been on any forum before, but after taking the plunge have found the folks here so supportive and helpful I don't know how I managed before without them!

I'm sure you'll find the same, and look forward to sharing thoughts and ideas with you! Iris x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Bellini.
    A very warm welcome to this forum....It is so friendly on here, and people are so very supportive.
    Hope tosee you posting again soon.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Hi from me, too!

Join us, join in, ask questions, or just have a laugh! You are very welcome.

Annie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Bellini,

A welcome from me as well this lot are very nice here :D

Hope your feeling ok after the injection and well I found this site as a stumble and its really has helped as well as being so supportive they know a thing or two as well :wink: You take care and I hope to see you post again soon. Cris
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Welcome to the forum Bellini - lovely drink that!!
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Bellini

A very big warm welcome from me too.

I have RA also 2 other types of arthur. Everyone is supportive of one another on here.

You can have a rant, or anything else you want to do. If you feel down, we try to help each other over that too.

We also like to have some fun, which we do.

I do hope you will like thr Forums and end up staying with us.

It can get a little mad on here too.

Trisher xxx
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    Hi Bellina
    welcome to the site from me too. Its also the first forum I have ever used. I have RA and spinal problems. I am on methotrexate/steroids and analgestics but fortunately dont have to have injections. Flares come and go regardless of the weather or season I find, but things always look better in the sunshine don't they! I hope you find this site useful, I love it although real life interferes far too much with my cyber life :lol:
    Gill x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi you can moan ,shout, rant , or even share good news we just glad to have you. will say sorry for spelling as no good at it and can not be bothered to check all the spellings . we have a laugh as well and discus anything under the sun so welcome from me as well
    val
    val
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    welcome from me too [ i am a lady :lol: ]
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Bellini,

Nice name sounds Italian.This is a nice supportive forum and that is important when you have arthritis.Hope you find it supportive too.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi Bellini,

Welcome from me too. As previously said, you will get a lot of support on here - and not just with "arthur" problems!!

Pheebs x
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    I have just joined this forum this week, never been on one before. I have r/a and take mtx, leflunomide and rituximab which has just stopped working. My r/a nurse has just given me a steroid injection to ease my pain, i was diagnosed just over 5 years ago.
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hello snowball. How apt is that. Do you live in the south by any chance. Snow's bad there

Welcome. Join the soft, the daft and the unruly. If you have any probs with diagnosis, treatments etc. you can get many answers on Living with Arthritis and from our Helpline team.

We have a Chit Chat section, which you have come on to. This is the chill out side of things. We have a very successful cafe, bar and a chat line.
    Welcome. Sorry your meds are not working. I am on Methorexate along with a lot of others and many more are on your Rumi.... .

I was considering that because I felt that the Methorexate wasn't keeping my forms of RA and PA in check, but it seems that I can't change because of my Blood pressure. Anyway, the LWA is the site for chat like that, so see you later.

Joy
  • snowball
    Options
    Thanks joyful no i live in southyorkshire and we have just had some bad weather here not sure why i picked that name :)
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Thanks joyful no i live in southyorkshire and we have just had some bad weather here not sure why i picked that name :)

It's certainly different. Why not pop over tothe cafe. All the food there is totally calorie free. :lol::lol:
    Joy
  • snowball
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    snowball wrote:

It's certainly different. Why not pop over tothe cafe. All the food there is totally calorie free. :lol::lol:
    Joy
    Thankyou and i will do good job it's cal free i've had too many of them today :D
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Bellini and Julie

A bit of a belated welcome from me. Sorry you have had to join us but hope you do find it a supportive and informative site. Do ask any questions you have, people will help if they can and send a hug if they can't.
    look forward to seeing you around.
    take care
    Chris
  • bellini
    Options
    If you could see the smile on my face due to the kind messages sent after my first attempt on the forum!!! Thank you all for the warmth you sent.

I have just returned from the surgery after having routine blood-tests. Whilst there I picked up a copy of the ARC Arthitis News. Always good reading and very often can back-up some of your own thinking about RA. This edition highlighted the goodness of fish oil and the reluctant return (by clinicians) to using steriod treatment.

On this subject, they said that a complimentary dose of steriod (tablet form) can be effectivley used to make life easier, when an event such as a wedding or a trip for a week or two etc. I went to Tuscany last October on a walking holiday, felt before I left that I had bitten off more that I could chew. But guess what, I ended up walking 3 out of 5 days and to boot managed to find myself (along with the others) 1900 mtrs high. What a buzz I got from that. We RA suffers have to know that all is not lost and that we can with support get on with it! Best wishes to you all

Bellini ( I am Scottish and live near Edinburgh)
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Bellini,

A Big Welcome from me to you :) , come in, its like being part of a big family.

take care

Malc
    :)
  • malc7747
    malc7747 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi Bellini, a warm welcome from me too :D

And Snowball - think we may have "bumped into" each other on the LWA forum!! Nice to meet you anyway!!! :wink:

And Malc - sorry, don't think we've met. Hello!!!

It's lovely to see new "faces", although sad that you've had to find the forum. It's my first and only forum too - think we all definitely found the right place to be :D

Love from Lynn xxxx

Hi Lynn,

Nice to meet you too. :)

Like you say its sad everyone on the Forum has Arthritis, but I agree it is the right place.

Take care everyone and have a nice weekend

Malc
    :D
  • bellini
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Bellini,

Nice name sounds Italian.This is a nice supportive forum and that is important when you have arthritis.Hope you find it supportive too.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Thank you Elizabeth for your kind words, my user name is made up of names in the family. I am English born and have lived near Edinburgh all my life - so you say I'm Scottish. I am going to enjoy this forum, people seem so genuine. Keep well and warm.

Cassie
  • bellini
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum Bellini - lovely drink that!!

Hi thanks for message, I'm intrigued - what kind of drink is Bellini, sounds like a really nice white Italian wine. Hope you are well, keep warm.

Cassie