Hold on to your dreams

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 15. Feb 2010, 14:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Are you a dreamer :?: I am a very practical person, but I am a dreamer too. ( You might have noticed :!: )

Eleanor Roosevelt said, '' The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.''

I think she was right, because we all need some dreams.

Do you agree? If so, what are yours?

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Hell am I dreamer :D I have so many and am a permanent day dreamer as well actually....... I wonder though do you mean dreams or dreams cus well there are 2 types and one I do a lot the other has been a bit battered but I a sheep shed comes into the others quite a lot now a days...... probably other thing but hell did I used to have dreams in the try to achieve sense, just the arthritis came and smashed them to bits. My biggest 'dream' now is a sheep shed and enough left in my bones to see out the employers and well I am not sure that constitutes a dream as such?

Hope your all ok and purrs to Tommy. Cris x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Cris

A sheep shed seems like a beautiful dream to me if it would make life easier for you. I think you must have had lots of dreams to do what you do with all the employers, while coping with Arthur too. You have achieved a great deal.
  • skezier
    Options
    Oh Joan my dreams were once huge :lol::lol: Now they are reduced to a sheep shed :lol::lol::lol: Oh well before I die I should like to go to Africa ..... it can't happen less I saddle a special pig with wings but...... x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Cris, your dreams make me feel very humble.........I do have dreams but most of them are unattainable now.
    I dream now of a little garden - the soil is poor and it is a very mundane shape..........but it will be mine in a few months and who knows what I will do with it?

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Oh Joan my dreams were once huge :lol::lol: Now they are reduced to a sheep shed :lol::lol::lol: Oh well before I die I should like to go to Africa ..... it can't happen less I saddle a special pig with wings but...... x

Hi Cris

I hope you will achieve your ambition to go to Africa. Don't give up on your dream.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Cris, your dreams make me feel very humble.........I do have dreams but most of them are unattainable now.
    I dream now of a little garden - the soil is poor and it is a very mundane shape..........but it will be mine in a few months and who knows what I will do with it?

Annie

Hi Annie

That little garden could be a very beautiful dream when it is full of flowers in the summer. Good luck with your move, and I hope you will be happy in your new home.
  • skezier
    Options
    Oh Annie,

I got so much good top soil and manure..... If I ever come near Sussex I will bring you some, promise x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    How wonderful is this forum :?: :?:

It's Valentine's Day, and Cris and Annie dream of manure and topsoil :!: :!: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Oh Annie,

I got so much good top soil and manure..... If I ever come near Sussex I will bring you some, promise x

Hi, is there enough for me too? I would like the topsoil put where it is marked with a cross and the manure I would like split into two lots please. One tipped across the driveway of our horrible neighbour. the one who is always sweeping is drive. Now that would give him a shock. He would be sweeping for ever more.
    He really is a horrible person.

Now that would be an answer to my dream Joan
    Joy
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi my dream was both boys to grow up healthy and be happy adults. now to get our home back i know i love them to bits but this house was not made for 4 adults things will be so much better when we back to two of us would not throw them out but do dream of the time they will have there own front doors. yes i will miss them . to win enough on the lottery to get them there own places not masive just so they have space to be them selves and they can do what they like with out us nagging them.
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I get really vivid dreams on Nortriptyline very disjointed but ever so real, thing is I have recently had a few nightmares on them also very vivid, each time I do I wake up in a right old state, takes me a minute or two to work out where the hell I am!. :shock:
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi
    I have lots of dreams, heck i have a whole other life in my head, well some of it is the same my family and friends that is.
    i also have lots of wishes i guess you would say, like things i should like to do just once to see what it is like, ridding a Shire horse is one of these, i know im a bit strange.

Arthur changes our dreams as just being able to eat without pain is a big dream of mine at the moment.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    page (((hug))) feel for you yes it must be top of your wish list do not know how i would feel if it was me take care
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    quote page

Arthur changes our dreams as just being able to eat without pain is a big dream of mine at the moment.

Your not wrong there page, so sorry you have trouble eating with it . This illness is a real s*%t, I wish I had a majic wand I would make all of us on here well again. :cry:
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    [quote="page35

Arthur changes our dreams as just being able to eat without pain is a big dream of mine at the moment.[/quote]

Massive hugs to you lovely Sharon, those words really got to me.

Don`t ever lose sight of your dreams, even if that`s all they remain......Anyway, think how much weight you`ll lose, not always grazing!........Much love......Ange.
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    quote page

Your not wrong there page, so sorry you have trouble eating with it . This illness is a real s*%t, I wish I had a majic wand I would make all of us on here well again. :cry:

You are a love Melly.......Ange.
  • annie_mial
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    Hi
    I have lots of dreams, heck i have a whole other life in my head, well some of it is the same my family and friends that is.
    i also have lots of wishes i guess you would say, like things i should like to do just once to see what it is like, ridding a Shire horse is one of these, i know im a bit strange.

Page, you have all the sympathy I can muster, I have been there and please god, never again! My gastric problems were not related to arther but did take a couple of years to solve. I've just been out for lunch and had the full roast beef and yorkies and roast potatoes and all the trimmings. 3 years ago that would have been an impossible dream. Dreams do come true, sometimes.

Love
    Annie
  • annie_mial
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    How wonderful is this forum :?: :?:

It's Valentine's Day, and Cris and Annie dream of manure and topsoil :!: :!: :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

I did get taken out for a Valentine's Day lunch, Joan, which was scrummy.
    Unfortunately the conversation which ranged across my next Rheumy appointment, how mulch fruit trees and the best way to dig holes didn't match the meal.........but it was interesting to us!

Annie
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Sounds like a nice meal out to me, Annie!

I dream sometimes, it's nice to have something to aim for. But I'm more of a practical person, too, Joan. I'm a do-er, jump in feet first type of person.

Humph, Valentine's Day (or at least, that's what my hubby said this morning when the girls gave him a card).

Just off to see My Name is Khan, though :-)

Nx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks Ange, I really wish I could, having seen how resilient and dignified you guy's are makes me proud to know you all, it would be the least I could do. Sadly it's another of me pathetic old pipe dreams. :|
  • joanlawson
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    skezier wrote:
    Oh Annie,

Hi, is there enough for me too? I would like the topsoil put where it is marked with a cross and the manure I would like split into two lots please. One tipped across the driveway of our horrible neighbour. the one who is always sweeping is drive. Now that would give him a shock. He would be sweeping for ever more.
    He really is a horrible person.

Now that would be an answer to my dream Joan
    Joy

Hi Joy

I can understand why that is your dream because you have mentioned before how horrid he is. We will have to ask Cris to drop some manure off for you as well. :!: :shock:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    valval wrote:
    hi my dream was both boys to grow up healthy and be happy adults. now to get our home back i know i love them to bits but this house was not made for 4 adults things will be so much better when we back to two of us would not throw them out but do dream of the time they will have there own front doors. yes i will miss them . to win enough on the lottery to get them there own places not masive just so they have space to be them selves and they can do what they like with out us nagging them.

Hi Val

You have my sympathy. Much as we love our children, there comes a time when we are happy when they move out. My son was a boomerang because he moved out, but then moved back in for a while. It was a shock to the system because I had got used to being without all his washing etc. I was glad when he announced he was getting married :!: :D
  • joanlawson
    Options

Hi Page

It's not strange at all :!: :D Riding a shire horse would be a wonderful experience, and it is a very worthy dream.

One of my dreams is to be driven through the snow on a sledge pulled by a team of husky dogs. That's one of my things to do before I die.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Don`t ever lose sight of your dreams, even if that`s all they remain...

Hi Ange

I agree with this entirely. It is important to have some dreams to aim for, even if we don't achieve them all.
  • joanlawson
    edited 14. Feb 2010, 17:47
    Options
    I dream sometimes, it's nice to have something to aim for. But I'm more of a practical person, too, Joan. I'm a do-er, jump in feet first type of person.

I jump in feet first too, Nina, and sometimes it is the best thing to do. Too much dreaming can be a bad thing. Sometimes you just have to go for it and seize the day :!:

Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost