Options
2»

Comments

• angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    [quote="joanlawson

One of my dreams is to be driven through the snow on a sledge pulled by a team of husky dogs. That's one of my things to do before I die.[/quote]

My son and DIL did just that a couple of weeks ago in Norway Joan. It was her birthday. Isn`t that romantic?........Ange
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Thanks Ange, I really wish I could, having seen how resilient and dignified you guy's are makes me proud to know you all, it would be the least I could do. Sadly it's another of me pathetic old pipe dreams. :|

Maybe a pipe dream, Mell, but not pathetic. Very sweet and kind of you.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Thanks Ange, I really wish I could, having seen how resilient and dignified you guy's are makes me proud to know you all, it would be the least I could do. Sadly it's another of me pathetic old pipe dreams. :|

You are an old sweetie-pie, Mell!

Annie
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Vai, ange and annie thank you and Mell a big wet kiss for you X
    Hay i can still suck chocolate :lol:

Annie my mum couldnt eat for about 3 yrs she had a very complicated hyatus hernia (spelling :oops: )and had several ops to correct it, she is ok now but still has to stay away from certain foods.

ive had a bad day and you have all made me feel better, your a lovely lot x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:

You are an old sweetie-pie, Mell!

Annie

An official Mell Appreciation Society has been formed :!: Founder members Ange, Annie, Page and Joan :!: :wink:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Most of my dream have as, Cris says shot down, all those dreams then life turns on you.

I don't care how much woese I get, there is one dream I still have and that is to have a nice house by the sea.

I love the sea and could spends hours watching it.

I would like to move to Hearne Bay. It is always awarded with a clean beach and sea to go in.

I really love i there, that is what I hope to do.

Trish
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher

I really hope that your dream will come true. You most definitely deserve it.

Love Joan xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Trish, I so hope that your dreams come true. It seems to me to be a most modest dream - you could dream for so much more!

I agree with you, it is a lovely place. With a lot of my family living in Kent I have spent quite a lot of time there.

Annie
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    I woke up this morning and (after wishing him happy valentines day) asked my hubby why he wanted an allotment :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

when he had picked himself up off the floor having been rolling with hysterics, he managed to convince me that the conversation I 'had' with him on the subject was just a vivid dream :roll: :roll: :roll: ...... not sure where that came from or why today :? :? :? :? but it made us laugh! :lol:
  • trisher
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    Hi
    I have lots of dreams, heck i have a whole other life in my head, well some of it is the same my family and friends that is.
    i also have lots of wishes i guess you would say, like things i should like to do just once to see what it is like, ridding a Shire horse is one of these, i know im a bit strange.

Arthur changes our dreams as just being able to eat without pain is a big dream of mine at the moment.

Page

Where do you live? There is a Shire horse place I know of, it is in Kent.

Trish xx
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    this is such a lovely thread :D

i dream to be able to get to the end of this academic year, having managed to attend enough classes adn done the right portfolio, to get on the next step of my studies.

idream to be able to go up hte academic years with my class colleagues, not some years after them. but if it has to be some years after them, then so be it.

i hope this thread carries on as the years go, it will keep me going in those dark days of flares

sangita
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Sangita

I'm glad that you like this thread. It is true that we should all have dreams for our future, isn't it? Good luck with your studies.
  • naseebapnaapna
    Options
    thank you so much, joan, for your kind words.

yes we do need this kind of encouragement. we forget, that just because we have some arthritises to deal with, beforee that, we had dreams.

and they don't have to be lost in the mists of time, but cared for, and nourished, with support from all our friends who understand what we have to deal with.

sangita
  • trisher
    Options
    this is such a lovely thread :D

i dream to be able to get to the end of this academic year, having managed to attend enough classes adn done the right portfolio, to get on the next step of my studies.

idream to be able to go up hte academic years with my class colleagues, not some years after them. but if it has to be some years after them, then so be it.

i hope this thread carries on as the years go, it will keep me going in those dark days of flares

sangita

Hi Sangita

Hi, I don't think we have met before.

I wish you all the luck in the world that your dreams come true.

Sometimes we have to take second best in life, so with all my heart I really hope that you can go up your academic years with your colleagues.

If you cannot, I'm sure you will achieve your dreams. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing

love Trish xx
  • naseebapnaapna
    Options
    thank you for that lovely post, trish.

i am now realistic enough to realise that i may not got up with my colleagues, but that will be fine. it will be what is right for me.

i want to go into counselling, so have just restared the skills of counselling again.

i tried last acedemic year. in jan i was so ill, but wanted to do the course. so i was stading at the door saying just bear with me if i'm ill. it was only when the tutor said that me running out to the loos every so often would disturb hte others that i realised i was too ill to the course.

this year i'm back, doing better, adn the tutor says i'm doing better as well.

so i've decided to take things as they come. not to let them slip thorugh my fingers, but not to hold them so tight, i squash the air out of them.

i can't wait to se the other's dreams on this thread.

it is a remider, and an inspiration.

sangita
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I have been a Counsellor for many years Sangita, and you sound to me like you would be a credit to the profession.

You probably will encounter difficulties, because - and wrongly in my opinion - there are many mandatory parts of the course, which do not take illness into account. However, with your positive attitude, and a healthy self awareness, you will get there.

I send you all my very best wishes, and if I can ever help in any way, please let me know........Ange.
  • naseebapnaapna
    Options
    ange, thank you. i hope you don't regeret that offer :D . i will try to shout out for help as little as i can.

yes i do htink i have quite a positve attitude, but life pushes, so at times supportive push form friends like you all here help a lot.

i hope to pm you in a few days to get to know you better.

take care

sangita
  • joanlawson
    Options
    One of my dreams was to complete a circular walk around the park at Calke Abbey, a NT property near to where I live. It used to be my favourite walk before arthritis struck, because the path goes through some beautiful woodlands and past a deer park. I haven't been able to attempt it for the past two years because of pain in my knees and hip. However, after knee surgery last year, and some magic injections in my hip recently, I decided to try the walk yesterday. I am very proud to say that I managed it ( about 3 miles ) but today I am paying the price as I am so stiff that I can hardly walk. Oh well, no gain without pain, I suppose. :!: :roll:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    One of my dreams was to complete a circular walk around the park at Calke Abbey, a NT property near to where I live. It used to be my favourite walk before arthritis struck, because the path goes through some beautiful woodlands and past a deer park. I haven't been able to attempt it for the past two years because of pain in my knees and hip. However, after knee surgery last year, and some magic injections in my hip recently, I decided to try the walk yesterday. I am very proud to say that I managed it ( about 3 miles ) but today I am paying the price as I am so stiff that I can hardly walk. Oh well, no gain without pain, I suppose. :!: :roll:

well done i know today you will pay but sure it was worth it just to see it all again proud of you val
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Sangita

I am really very happy for you and do hope that as much of dream will come true as you wish. You sound like the type of person who will make it happen. To be a councillor is a very important role. I know that I wouldn't have got through my crises without one. A had a situation at work which resulted in me transgressing to a terrible time at school.

I'm sure you will go very far

Joy