Options
    If i answer this it means im mental
    phyciatrists diagnosis In denial
    Joanne
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have no 1 and 4 very badly - there is a compulsiveness which despite all reasonings fails to go away. In fact only increases!!! :o Is this normal :?:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    border wrote:
    I have no 1 and 4 very badly - there is a compulsiveness which despite all reasonings fails to go away. In fact only increases!!! :o Is this normal :?:

Hi Border

The Hoarding disorder and the Extreme Shopping disorder go together, I think. It can be a bit of a compulsion, but I shouldn't worry too much about it. Just think that you are doing your bit for the economy by supporting the retail trade. And you could always get a bigger wardrobe :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Hubby has got the hording disorder when they are kicking anything out at his school he asks if he can have it. The science block got rid of teak tables stools. He to em all up to his allotment and people have these in their sheds in the meeting house old brken chairs prop up their netting. an old black board is used to high light the points in meetings.
    He keeps toilet roll middles old plastic cups from partys for planting raising seeds. His sock draw over flows he says to his mom i need socks get me socks for christmas. she had a fit as he has hundreds dont chuck out his holey ones. she stopped buying him any. He wont chuck anything away not very often anyway. joanne
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Joanne

Apart from the socks, I think your husband is to be applauded for gradually recycling his school. If he carries on like this, maybe in time he will find a way of recycling the kids too :!: :lol:
  • suncatcher
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Joanne

Apart from the socks, I think your husband is to be applauded for gradually recycling his school. If he carries on like this, maybe in time he will find a way of recycling the kids too :!: :lol:

He has also set up an allotment by his school for a few interested kids who turn up most sundays to dig and plant. They have made a shed out of recycle school wood. I have to say when he says he is going up the allotement which one the one near our house or his school one which is eight miles away from us. joanne
    Joanne
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Joanne mine keeps the inside of toilet rolls too, for planting sweet peas but he doesnt get round to planting them.We have a whole,large box full.He also takes everything free from the school.He just cant resist.
    He also has a habit of every time we drive past a car for sale
    he has to stop suddenly,park on a dodgy bend or similar,jump out the car and disappear for ages to chat to the owner leaving me waiting and fuming.He doesnt have the money for a car but cant resist looking.He has been now banned from doing this if I am with him.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    Options
    I am glad i aint the only one. I think they would get on great if they met and go off searching for stuff to hoard and recycle togeather. joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Ive got syndromes 2 and 7 at the moment joanne :D
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Joanne

I've got Cognitive Tempo disorder big-time today. That's why I'm on here :!: :D
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Joanne

I've got Cognitive Tempo disorder big-time today. That's why I'm on here :!: :D

Showing my ignorance here but please explain Joanne??
    I feel like I'm coming down with something but not sure what it is. p'raps it's the same thing?

Steph
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Steph

2. Cognitive Tempo disorder...........symptoms are dreaminess and sluggishness, and a tendency to be lazy.

Joan, not Joanne, although we've both got the same disorder
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Mine is art materials. I cannot stop buying canvases.
    I just hope I can carry on painting for an awful long time.
    Now who can I bequeath the rest to?

Joy
  • joanlawson
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:

Joy

Hi Joy

The more people identify new syndromes on this thread, the more I realise that I suffer from practically all of them.

The Purchasing Art Materials Syndrome is a well-recognised disorder, and I love to buy new brushes, paints, etc. etc. I could probably paint hundreds of pictures with the amount I've got, but I can't resist them.
  • suncatcher
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    joyful164 wrote:

Joy

Hi Joy

The more people identify new syndromes on this thread, the more I realise that I suffer from practically all of them.

The Purchasing Art Materials Syndrome is a well-recognised disorder, and I love to buy new brushes, paints, etc. etc. I could probably paint hundreds of pictures with the amount I've got, but I can't resist them.

I have puchaseing craft matierials syndrome some pink feathers caught my eye the other day. Ive decided to add some beads on leather laces and attach to my boots im all ready thinking if i made em detachable i could change colours and coordinate out fits as i had my eye on the other coloured feathers. You see how addicted i am i havent started on my first idea yet and im thinking about the second third etc is there a cure? :lol:
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    Options
    No cure, Joanne, so just swim with the dolphins, as Mel would say.