Shall we start a gender war on here (for fun!!)

Options
2»

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mine's a fleece one.........blue

Annie
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    ichabod6 wrote:
    I didn't have to mention you by name.
    How's the pub going?
    We are closed for the refurbishment mate, the wimmen are arguing over the curtain material :roll:

It would seem that the ladies have all slipped into their wyncette nighties and have gone to bed

Hows things with you, it's been a while!

Went to the cricket, enjoyed Christmas, massive family reunion
    at new year and then a bloody big flareup, but back exercising
    the right arm now. Please let me know when the pub reopens.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    As for reverse parking, all to do with spatial analysis.

Joseph 8)

Men and women perceive the same world through different eyes. A man sees things and objects and their relationship to each other in a spacial way, as though he was putting the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle together. Women literally take in a bigger, wider picture and see the fine detail, but the individual pieces of the puzzle and their relationship to the next piece is more relevant than their spacial positioning.

So when I have trouble reverse parking, it's because I'm seeing the wider picture.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    Options
    How many men does it take to change a roll of toilet paper :?:

It's unknown. It's never happened.
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    How many men does it take to change a roll of toilet paper :?:

It's unknown. It's never happened.
    You must admire that there is always just enough on the roll for us.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Why do wimmin get a cold but men get "man flu" julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Girls, girls!!!

Us blokes are just pissing ourselves, reading these posts, now when you have finished can you get the supper on.

If you are talking to me in is in the fridge and the rest is in vegtable basket :D

If you go over there, NO Not There :arrow: that's right unless you have it the other way round then that is wrong. That's the cooker. :D

I'm going out, see you later :mrgreen:
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    The reason us women ( not me cause i can ) cant reverse park is cause you men keep telling us women that its six inches or more. :wink:
    Now how can a woman that believes you men reverse park when you lie. :roll: :lol: We cant all judge the distances when we think weve got 'alf a blumming foot to manoeuvre'' :lol:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Ummm I am ex emergency trained and you know what I would challenge ANY of you guys to reverse parking and reverse cones all just with mirrors.....With a 3 gallon bucket of water and a examiner testing how much water you spill..... Oh and any other legal to drive vehicle just name the day and where :wink::lol::lol: I also have to say the world is a better place with guys in it :D Especially the younger bronzed 6 pack ones.... hell I'm getting old..... They just weren't like that when I was young :lol::lol::lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Some of the older guys aren't bad either :!:
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    The reason us women ( not me cause i can ) cant reverse park is cause you men keep telling us women that its six inches or more. :wink:
    Now how can a woman that believes you men reverse park when you lie. :roll: :lol: We cant all judge the distances when we think weve got 'alf a blumming foot to manoeuvre'' :lol:

Because we're always being lied to by the lads about what 6 inches actually LOOKS like (please don't moderate me), we actually think 6 inches is very very small :-)

That's why some women can't judge to reverse park.

Nx ;-)

PS - I can park in any which way, by the way!
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    minky67 wrote:

Because we're always being lied to by the lads about what 6 inches actually LOOKS like (please don't moderate me), we actually think 6 inches is very very small :-)

That's why some women can't judge to reverse park.

Nx ;-)

PS - I can park in any which way, by the way![/quote

Don't make laugh so hard this time of the morning. It HURTS.
    Steph
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Never laughed to much for ages, thanks

I thought it was not supposed to be taken seriously though.

Joy
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I'm not taking it seriously... I am right though ;-)

Nx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 22. Feb 2010, 06:03
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    We do tend to leave these minor non techie tasks to the wimmen love, and having your own toolbox is soooooo cute, I bet it's pink

mine is. so r the gardening tools as he never touches them he does the heavy stuff i do any thing that take delecut touch lol even if can not do it my bricklaying not so good these days gggrrrrrrrrr sorry but i can not revese a car but then can not drive one at all can mend breaks ect if that any good lol. off side rule two members of defending team have to be between the player (a scoring part) who is going to shoot and the goal .
    val
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    For instance, why don't men ever listen. I can talk for a good five minutes and he (the OH) will just say yes or no and hope that his answer is right.
    He thinks I'm stupid enough not to know this. It makes me so angry.

Steph

i once proved that my oh didn't listen. i recorded a conversation and totally sussed him out!!
    i asked if i could have a new phone, yes he said. then 10 minutes later i asked when and he said "you don't need a new phone" I TOLD HIM HE SAID I COULD HAVE ONE WHICH HE DENIED UNTIL I PLAYED THE CONVERSATION BACK TO HIM!! OK SO I DIDN'T WANT OR NEED THE PHONE BUT I PROVED MY POINT!
    ooop'! didn't mean to shout!!
    sue
  • joyful164
    Options
    suzster wrote:
    For instance, why don't men ever listen. I can talk for a good five minutes and he (the OH) will just say yes or no and hope that his answer is right.
    He thinks I'm stupid enough not to know this. It makes me so angry.

Steph

i once proved that my oh didn't listen. i recorded a conversation and totally sussed him out!!
    i asked if i could have a new phone, yes he said. then 10 minutes later i asked when and he said "you don't need a new phone" I TOLD HIM HE SAID I COULD HAVE ONE WHICH HE DENIED UNTIL I PLAYED THE CONVERSATION BACK TO HIM!! OK SO I DIDN'T WANT OR NEED THE PHONE BUT I PROVED MY POINT!
    ooop'! didn't mean to shout!!
    sue

D
    Isn't this what Delboy has just explained.
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Fings that make I larf!

Wimmen and maps :D:D:D:D:D

Wimmen reversing cars :D:D:D

Wimmen who pretend to know the off side rule :D:D:D:D

Wimmen with tools :D:D:D:D

Wimmen who think they are superior :D:D:D

Wimmen who are supposed yo know about cooking yet the greatest chefs are men :D:D:D

The greatest composers are men :D:D:D

The greatest scientists are men :D:D:D

Ships captains are men :D:D

The greatest world leaders, heroes and warriors have and are men.. live with it girls and can one of you pop into the kitchen and knock up a cuppa for me?

all that may be true, yet you cannot find your belongings! for example
    man - have you seen my shoes?
    woman - yes it's in the lounge where you left it
    man - where? i can't see it
    woman - in the lounge by the sofa!
    man- still can't see it
    woman finds it right in front of where man is standing - there!!
    man- oh, i didn't see it there.

i rest my case!
    sue who is all woman lol!
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    IF these rules were followed life would be simpler

Women, learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

Sometimes we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

Weekend = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

Ask for what you want. Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!

We don't remember dates. . . .Period!!

Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. We've been tricked before!!

If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.

You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing", we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, or monster trucks.

Foreign films are best left to foreigners. (Unless it's Bruce Lee or some war flick where it doesn't really matter what they're saying anyway.)

BEER is as exciting for us as handbags are for you.

Everything you say is correct in the eyes of a MAN.
    Women just have more love in them and THINK more. Men can't or WON'T think. They just say or do whatever comes to mind at that particular moment not taking into account the womans FEELINGS.
    That's the problem

Apart from that, your right on it. Thank you for explaining in detail and proving to me in black and white that all men are basically selfish do-dads.

Steph x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Let's get another thing clear women don't nag
    it's men who have a hearing problem. :roll:

Luv Legs :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My oh so clever ex-husband thought he'd help me out and put some anti-freeze in my car ( I usually do these things myself).

The plonker poured it into the bit where the oil goes!!! :roll: Had to get the car towed to the garage.

Never offered to help again.

Pheebs x
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hi peeps.
    I'm just going to come in and say that, in my view, when it comes to gossiping, nagging, chatting men take the biscuit. When I went shopping last week, I was trying to get my shopping done asap and OH saw someone he knew, so he says hello to him and his wife.
    I chat to wife for about 20secs and she only has two things to buy and just stands there waiting. I'm sure she must have been pretty annoyed.
    Myself, I start going round store filling my trolley (usually needing OH's help) and still he is talking (and why does he shout when he is talkingto anyone) most annoying.
    I finish my shopping and so stand waiting, and waiting, and waiting.
    I then walk over to the isle and start loading the conveyor belt and in Aldi they do thing very quickly. Finally, OH sees me, stops talkin and rushes over "You shouldn't be doing that". At last I have his attention.

Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    haven't you wimmen run out of excuses yet? :D

Why is mine an excuse?

Joy
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joyful164 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    haven't you wimmen run out of excuses yet? :D

Why is mine an excuse?

Joy
    Did I say it was? :D I might have missed some of your post though, it scrolled right away across the page.. I only have a 19" screen.

The page has gone very wide for everyone because of the link that Fester's put up .....I only know because it happened once before and the legend who is Joseph said that the link used by someone else at the time was the cause.

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'