Happy birthday Sharmaine! :)

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 24. Feb 2010, 14:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Dear Sharmaine :D:D:D

Just to wish you a very happy 54th birthday! :D:D I hope you have a lovely day with your family, you are treated like a princess :wink: and your new knee behaves itself. :lol:

What a birthday present, aye? Something we would not usually think to ask for is it? :lol::lol:

Lots of love and hugs
Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy Brithday to You 012.gif
    Happy Birthday to you 006.gif
    Happy Birthday dear Sharmaine
    (and not to much pain tooo) 016.gif
    Happy Birthday tooooooo yoooouuuuu 003.GIF
    Love

Toni xx
  • deemac
    deemac Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Happy birthday Charmain
    I hope you had a restful night, and i hope you can enjoy your special day with less pain than yesterday. love Dee xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Happy birthday Sharmaine xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Happy birthday Sharmaine.Hope you have a lovely restful day!

Best wishes
    Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    n055.gif

Have a good resting one Sharmaine.

Luv Legs a020.gif
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sharmaine,

p010.gif hope you have a decent day. Luv Cris x
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    :D Happy Birthday Charmaine hope you have a great day :D
    Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Happy Birthday Sharmaine

I take it you wont be out rock and rolling
    and partying tonight.

Only joking, hope you are feeling a lit better day by day.

Love Kath
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    HI Dee

Thank you. How are you feeling after your op?
    I had a bad night (again) spirits are ok though. Lying watching "This Morning" with 3 ice packs on leg.

Take care.
    Sharmaine
    deemac wrote:
    Happy birthday Charmain
    I hope you had a restful night, and i hope you can enjoy your special day with less pain than yesterday. love Dee xx
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Elna

I have had a lovely morning lots of nice pressies and cards from friends and family. Lots of flowers too. OH has put them all in front of the fireplace for me to enjoy. I'll have to spread them around the house later. I'm being cossetted by Carl (OH) - he's been a fab nurse!

Knee is being a tad naughty at night - keeping me awake in the early hours. I've 'phoned surgery to book removal of staples and to see if GP will give me some painkillers for night time.

I'm fine. I seem to spend half my day putting ice packs on but it does help. The bruises are spectacular! :lol::lol:

How are you doing?

You are a dear starting this thread..... thanks.

Take care of yourself.
    Sharmaine
    elnafinn wrote:
    Dear Sharmaine :D:D:D

Just to wish you a very happy 54th birthday! :D:D I hope you have a lovely day with your family, you are treated like a princess :wink: and your new knee behaves itself. :lol:

What a birthday present, aye? Something we would not usually think to ask for is it? :lol::lol:

Lots of love and hugs
    Elna x
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Kathbee
    I dreamt that I was in a rock and roll band with my teenage niece and nephew last night!!! Funny you should mention disco dancing. I must subconsciously be yearning to be mobile again.

I'm being spoil tby OH. I think it will be day of resting and watching tv.

How are you doing?
    Sharmaine

kathbee wrote:
    Happy Birthday Sharmaine

I take it you wont be out rock and rolling
    and partying tonight.

Only joking, hope you are feeling a lit better day by day.

Love Kath
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Toni
    Thank you. I'm having a lovely day. Very relaxing. Enjoyed opening my presents and cards. OH is making me a special meal as he can't take me out.

I hope you are well.

Sharmaine

quote="frogmorton"]Happy Brithday to You 012.gif
    Happy Birthday to you 006.gif
    Happy Birthday dear Sharmaine
    (and not to much pain tooo) 016.gif
    Happy Birthday tooooooo yoooouuuuu 003.GIF
    Love

Toni xx[/quote]
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Julie

Thank you. Enjoying my day. My mum (she's 80 next month) said that she's can't believe she has lived to see me reach 54! She is amazing.

I hope you are well too.

Sharmaine
    snowball wrote:
    :D Happy Birthday Charmaine hope you have a great day :D
    Julie xx
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Bertyboy and Elizabeth

Thank you.

I hope you are both well too.

Regards
    Sharmaine

Sharmaine
    bertyboy wrote:
    Happy birthday Sharmaine xxx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi Elna
    How are you doing? quote]

Dear Sharmaine

So pleased you are enjoying your birthday - with a difference! This will be one to remember, won't it? :wink::)

You and me both, regarding the knee at night :shock: :roll: Goodness it really gets so cross :roll: I wish it would go through the healing process in the day, not the night. :x Wakes me up to let me know as well. Cheek!

I have done rather too much walking out this morning :oops: but I had to go to the post office and it was SHUT :roll: so I legged it to another one further away. Am resting now with the famous ice packs. What would we do without them? A beautiful fashion accessory, don't you agree? :lol: I hardly have any bruising left now which is good. :)

Little Lola is over this afternoon so I know I shall be weary but a happy weary by the time they leave. Her favourite word is "help" which is quite a good word to have learnt when her vocab is limited. It covers a whole range of scenarios!

Enjoy the rest of your day,Sharmaine and also your meal. Carl sure has excelled himself with his adaptability, since your operation. :wink::)

Speak soon,

Lots of love
    Elna x(())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Its good to hear that you are getting out.
    I said to Carl yesterday that I feel as if someone gave me a good hiding with a baseball bat across my behind, then kicked the hell out of my left leg - stomping on it with heavy boots. Behind the calf is a killer. I smothered my left buttock and back of my legs with deep heat last night. When my son came over he said the house smelt like a rugby team's changing room!!! Cheeky devil. :lol::lol:

OH is busy with his chores - vacuuming the whole house at the mo. He made me a nice lunch and put on my icepacks.

I spoke to my GP today he's going to give me tramadol to take at night. I don't get sick on them like some people. Apparently I've been keeping OH awake with my groaning!!! :lol::lol: Everry move hurts.

I've been laughing at one of my birthday cards from my niece (she's 5 next month). In her own writing it said "Hapy Bithday Antie.
    Lots of love to yo. Fack you.! I think fack you means thank you. I was in tears. My sister-in-law said she found it so hilarious when she read it (she asked my niece to read out what she had written) that she had to send it to me. :lol::lol::lol: When she's 18 I'll show it to her.

I hope you are well. You seem to be getting on marvellously.

Take care.
    Sharmaine

elnafinn wrote:
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi Elna

Dear Sharmaine

So pleased you are enjoying your birthday - with a difference! This will be one to remember, won't it? :wink::)

You and me both, regarding the knee at night :shock: :roll: Goodness it really gets so cross :roll: I wish it would go through the healing process in the day, not the night. :x Wakes me up to let me know as well. Cheek!

I have done rather too much walking out this morning :oops: but I had to go to the post office and it was SHUT :roll: so I legged it to another one further away. Am resting now with the famous ice packs. What would we do without them? A beautiful fashion accessory, don't you agree? :lol: I hardly have any bruising left now which is good. :)

Little Lola is over this afternoon so I know I shall be weary but a happy weary by the time they leave. Her favourite word is "help" which is quite a good word to have learnt when her vocab is limited. It covers a whole range of scenarios!

Enjoy the rest of your day,Sharmaine and also your meal. Carl sure has excelled himself with his adaptability, since your operation. :wink::)

Speak soon,

Lots of love
    Elna x(())
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hi Sharmaine.
    have a lovely birthday.
    i hope you have a pain free day
    how is your new knee behaving.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    A very happy birthday to Sharmaine, and her new knee!........Ange.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Dear Sharmaine

Hopefully you get the script today and have a good night or better night's sleep than you have been doing. I do have some tramadol in the cupboard but don't get on with it too well.

Your birthday card really made me laugh. So funny and cute! Your niece will blush when shown that when she is 18!!

Enjoy your evening!

Lots of love
    Elna x

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Many Happy Returns Sharmaine.

Hope you have a very happy birthday. Lets hope the weather will turn fine soon so that you can get out with the new leg. Bet your fed up with taking it easy. Anyway, hopefully your 'birthday present' is behaving itself :P

From Joy
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Lynn

My new knee feels very alien but I'm sure I'll get used to it over the coming years!

Yes, I've had a lovely day. OH hasn't killed me off yet with his cooking! My birthday meal came directly from M & S!!

Sharmaine

Hope you're having a lovely day, and the knee is behaving itself :wink:

Love from Lynn xxxxxxxx[/quote]
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Joan
    I hope you are well.

The new knee is causing me so discomfort. I spoke to my GP today and he's given me some Tramadol and that has helped immensely with the pain. It has given me more sustained relief.

Take care.
    Sharmaine
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Angel

I'll never forget this new knee in a hurry! It's early days. I'm feeling a bit more human now that I've take a Tramadol.

I hope you are ok.

Sharmaine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sharmaine, sorry I am late seeing this thread...can I wish you a very Happy Birthday...it looks like you had a really good day..now you rest up and enjoy the rest of it :)
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • sharmaine
    Options
    Hi Elna
    The tramadol is helping quite a bit with the pain. It's cheered me up a bit. OH made me a nice meal: Lemon Sole, asparagus, carrots, new potatoes and a cherry pie - all from M&S. If I'm feeling better I think I'll cook something tomorrow! He's trying bless him.
    He makes the best sandwiches ever.

I'm going to have a foot bath and eat a walnut whip.

It's been a pleasant if quiet day.

Take care of yourself.

Sharmaine
    X

quote="elnafinn"]
    sharmaine wrote:
    Hi Elna

Dear Sharmaine

Speak soon,

Lots of love
    Elna x(())