Just once in your life

2»

Comments

• quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    annie_mial wrote:
    What activity???? That's different............

Just once in my life I would have loved to have leapt out on stage into the spotlight, wearing tight leather gear from head to foot and yelling "I Wanna Hero" into a very large mic!

Annie

ooerr Annie, I think you're a bit of a raver on the quiet. a060.gif
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    I would love to go in a hot air balloon, and i would love to swim with dolphins.
    Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • quietwaters
    I would have liked to run across a park topless...............oh yes, forgot, did that! :oops:

I would have liked to have dated someone famous......oh yes, forgot, did that (but not saying who) very :oops:

I would have liked to have been a better person when I was younger. It's too late now to show my parents that I did 'turn out good', but not too late to show other people. My dad used to say "Dont regret what you've done, regret what you haven't done".

I'm still ready to do stuff, be it daft, silly, outragous or otherwise. Why should we think that we're too old to do something? We should do what we want, when we want, and however we want.

Our mind stays the same, but unfortunatley its our body that limits us.
    (think I'm rabbiting now!)
    a010.gif
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    I would have liked to run across a park topless...............oh yes, forgot, did that! :oops:

I would have liked to have dated someone famous......oh yes, forgot, did that (but not saying who) very :oops:

You ARE a norty girl...

n030.gif

go on spill the beans...who? Irisx
  • quietwaters
    dorcas wrote:

You ARE a norty girl...

n030.gif

tee hee, not really proud of it. But lets play a little game of guess who. You can ask one question each and I will say yes or no. (and if you're my age era (52ish) you will know who we're talking about). :oops:
    a055.gif
    (this is a clue!)
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    On a more up beat note My once in a lifetime would be the following

I would like to go to New Zeland and go to Zion Park.

When I was there I would love to walk a tiger. This would be a real tiger on a lead and walk him/her around the park.

After that I would like to go in with the Worlds first White Lion fanily.

This is one of the last family of White lions in the world. If there are cubs you might be allowed to cuddle one.

If I did win the lottery I would go there. This is a truely amazing park where they are desperatly trying to stop them from distinction.
  • trisher
    dorcas wrote:

You ARE a norty girl...

n030.gif

tee hee, not really proud of it. But lets play a little game of guess who. You can ask one question each and I will say yes or no. (and if you're my age era (52ish) you will know who we're talking about). :oops:
    a055.gif
    (this is a clue!)

Not a footballer
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Quiet waters,

Anything to do with your user name? x

My once in a life time..... hard cus I got a few.....

To go to Africa and bottle feed a Lion cub or a Ellie :D

Hey Julie we get dolphins to swim with here but you know Seals are the best chicken players I ever met :wink: xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    qoute quietwaters.
    Oh Mellman, thats so lovely. I think we all have a stairway to heaven, I love that song. And doesnt it just show how much he was loved and respected by the fact that people had to stand outside ??? (that happened at my dads funeral), its lovely to know so many people loved and respected him. He will be very proud of you for telling people about him. xxx

Thanks quietwaters.

Mell[/quote]
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Trish

The whole country is proud of him. And all those lovely young men, and women who have lost their lives so young.

My love to you and your husband Trish
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    my brother arranged for me to go to colchester zoo and feed the elephants was amazing feeling there trunks on your hand. even fed the giraffs i know zoos not the bast places but they had so much space and only came if they wanted to was great day except for got to take hay feaver tabs and ended up in bed lol with headache
    val
  • tkachev
    I would go back to Oct 1985 and tell my sister to go straight to hospital. She was pregnant and unwell but made the mistake of going to a GP who told her nothing was wrong.A blood clot had burst and her son was struggling. By time got to hosp, emergency caesarean it was just too late.He lived for a few minutes.I love my sister and it has clouded her life for all these years and if I could have advised her things would be so different.He is the same age as my daughter so I can sort of compare and that is difficult too.

On a lighter note I would like to have worked harder at my gymnastics and competed at Olympics and commonwealth games.

Elizabeth xxx

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dorcas
    edited 14. Mar 2010, 05:07
    dorcas wrote:

You ARE a norty girl...

n030.gif

a055.gif
    (this is a clue!)

Did he have a Saturday night show where he made wishes come true?

OR...did he just ' string' you along??

m050.gif
  • tkachev
    Was he a pop star?
    Was he ever no.1?
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • quietwaters
    dorcas wrote:
    dorcas wrote:

a055.gif
    (this is a clue!)

m050.gif

yes, he had a saturday night show where he made wishes come true, got it. :oops:
  • dorcas
    dorcas wrote:

m050.gif

yes, he had a saturday night show where he made wishes come true, got it. :oops:

Your secret is safe with me....don't know about the others though!
    k010.gif

Iris x

ps. did you get a badge ?
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    If i could have one chance of doing something it would be to give my mom a hug before she left me and had the last chat with her.
    I was working when she collapsed and was taken to hospital. i I finished work and was taken to her bed side were she was unconsious. We stayed with her through the night and only left as we all were so tired we got called back half hour later as she had died. :cry: Missing u loads mum happy mothers day love joanne
    Joanne
  • quietwaters
    If i could have one chance of doing something it would be to give my mom a hug before she left me and had the last chat with her.
    I was working when she collapsed and was taken to hospital. i I finished work and was taken to her bed side were she was unconsious. We stayed with her through the night and only left as we all were so tired we got called back half hour later as she had died. :cry: Missing u loads mum happy mothers day love joanne

((((())))) hugs for you Joanne
  • quietwaters
    Your secret is safe with me....don't know about the others though!

Iris x

ps. did you get a badge ?

No, but he certainly 'fixed it' for me :lol:
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174

((((())))) hugs for you Joanne
    sorry only checked this post today thanks quiet waters :)
    Joanne
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    I would like to be pulled along very fast through the snow on a sledge pulled by a team of husky dogs.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    Me, my wish would be to go to New Zealand and go to Zion Park.

When there I would walk a tiger, a real one. You can arrange trips to do this. When I have walked the tiger (which is not a cub) I would like to go in with the White Lion family.

This Park is trying to help the white lions from extinction and as far as I know at the moment they are the first White Lion cubs in New Zealand.

The man who had this dream of having a park like this had trained a lion who you may know, It is from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

He has trained more big cats like this and that is how he earns money to keep them.

He also has some White Tiger cubs as well. One of the female tigers carried the White Gene, so a little white tiger cub was born.

I would love to go there and see these animals.

Trish xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Trisher

Is that the man who is on a TV series? He is amazing, and I love the big cats. I would like to stroke a big cat too. Fantastic :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • toptottie
    toptottie Member Posts: 12
    I would love to do a parachute jump and raise funds for the help for heroes charity..........................
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Trisher

Is that the man who is on a TV series? He is amazing, and I love the big cats. I would like to stroke a big cat too. Fantastic :!: :D

Hey Joan I got thrown out of a zoo park for doing that..... a Tiger and you know what she was purring :D She was so inviting I thought what the heck...... with age comes a small bit of wisdom and I wouldn't do it now....... probably :wink::lol::lol::lol: x