pottering

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 20. Mar 2010, 12:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
well have been trying to get out and sweep paths for over a week but had a flare up and coping with work is all i can mannage when that happening.
today i have spent an hour out there feel so much better have all the leaves in nice pile (around a corner bit breezy) and sorted potts ready for re-potting. have a penny farthing my dad made me that i put pots in looks lovely with trailing lobiela and french marigolds .but today one of the bulbs i popped in a while ago is coming through a crocus ,purple by the looks of it spring is coming about time so having a cup of tea :D:D
val

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val :D

I love to potter as well :D:D It makes all the difference doesn't it to "do a bit" and then have a cuppa and look and admire the difference it has made. :D It is a sense of satisfaction and quite rightly so :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Val :D

I love to potter as well :D:D It makes all the difference doesn't it to "do a bit" and then have a cuppa and look and admire the difference it has made. :D It is a sense of satisfaction and quite rightly so :D

Luv
    Elna x
    you got it just right little and often this year did to much last year and spent ages not getting any where lol have good day
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Mmmmm

me too ladies :D

I LOVE it and it always makes me feel happy :D

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    pottering is my middle name. I don't always achieve great things, but I potter none the less, sitting or standing in one place is a no go, so potter I must.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    bubbles wrote:
    pottering is my middle name. I don't always achieve great things, but I potter none the less, sitting or standing in one place is a no go, so potter I must.

Hi Bubbles you did make me laugh there :lol:
    I'm likin your style and I am sure you potter beautifully too.
    take care of yourself I hope you have some sunshine to potter in tomorrow. :D
    Chris
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    bubbles wrote:

Hi Bubbles you did make me laugh there :lol:
    I'm likin your style and I am sure you potter beautifully too.
    take care of yourself I hope you have some sunshine to potter in tomorrow. :D
    Chris

Thanks Chris - I guess ones sense of humour, although dampened to the point of being soaked at times, is something I try and hold on to, difficult, nigh on impossible sometimes. I potter no matter where I go, family or friends, I will be off, usually into the kitchen, find a cloth and just potter away, they are quite used to me and I don't mean offence or think the place is dirty. The in-laws say, "you won't want to sit down will you"? No is the answer, just give me a damp cloth and a cup of T.
    It looks to be a warmer day, as you say, so I may potter on the patio.........A cup of T in the sunshine, warming the joints, that would be most agreeable.
    xxx Potty Bubbles.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • valval
    Options
    had to fetch new handle for my hoe as oh broke the other one last year lol. well it made great walking stick all the way home with the sun on my back . got some seed potatoes and seeds to sort tomorrow hope it does not rain
    val
  • pheebs
    pheebs Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi Val,

I'm having a day off so started pottering today - now 3 trips to the dump later I'm more than a bit "pooped" to say the least, but have a nice feeling of satisfaction.

My son and I had to wrestle with a couple of bushes I was sick of the sight of - I'd no idea the roots had taken such a hold. Anyway, they've gone now so as well as the garden looking a bit better, I've probably burned off a few calories as well!! :D

Thumb op last year has made such a difference.

Hope you can get out in your garden tomorrow - I'll be thinking about you when I'm back at work!!

Pheebs x
  • valval
    Options
    pheebs wrote:
    Hi Val,

I'm having a day off so started pottering today - now 3 trips to the dump later I'm more than a bit "pooped" to say the least, but have a nice feeling of satisfaction.

My son and I had to wrestle with a couple of bushes I was sick of the sight of - I'd no idea the roots had taken such a hold. Anyway, they've gone now so as well as the garden looking a bit better, I've probably burned off a few calories as well!! :D

Thumb op last year has made such a difference.

Hope you can get out in your garden tomorrow - I'll be thinking about you when I'm back at work!!

Pheebs x

you did well so glad it is a great feeling got a couple of bushes need trimming back. so hope weather ok fingers r crossed
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am working up to my pottering..my oh doesn't do gardening, so it has always been my job...I keep opening the back door..then I think no I will do it tomorrow...we all kn ow what that means don't we :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    I am working up to my pottering..my oh doesn't do gardening, so it has always been my job...I keep opening the back door..then I think no I will do it tomorrow...we all kn ow what that means don't we :roll:

same here oh would have concreated it all but i do love the garden just got out of hand last year when was so bad
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I'm going to potter all day tomorrow. I'm going to potter round the garden centre, round the DIY centre, round the kitchen and I might even potter round the packing!

Can't wait.........I love to potter.

Annie
  • barbara12
    Options
    Same here val..I love my garden...not sure yet what I will do with it..wish I could get one those garden people on the telly to come and do a makeover so that I could carry on and do it, :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Same here val..I love my garden...not sure yet what I will do with it..wish I could get one those garden people on the telly to come and do a makeover so that I could carry on and do it, :)
    yes that would be great my son sorting mine for my birthday in may new shed and not sure what else he planning
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    valval wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    yes that would be great my son sorting mine for my birthday in may new shed and not sure what else he planning
    Send him round here..how much dose he charge..I will even keep him going in tea.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    valval wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Send him round here..how much dose he charge..I will even keep him going in tea.. :)
    he does not even drink tea bless him ,not sure how good he is with gardens but who cares got to be better than is at moment used to pay them to do grass when they were at school so i did not have to do it lol so know he can do that
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I love gardening now I loiter :shock: usually through the trellis to see what he is doing.

He cleared all the old signs of winter away, now it looks like spring.

I do sit on the patio (only a small one) and pot up bulbs or plants for hanging baskets.

Hubby will put the little coloured lights on, and he put those solar lights around the fish pond looks nice when lite up
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I love doing little jobs like that, Trish.......nice gentle sitting-down jobs and it all looks so fresh afterwards.

Looking forward to my pottering tomorrow.

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    I love gardening now I loiter :shock: usually through the trellis to see what he is doing.

He cleared all the old signs of winter away, now it looks like spring.

I do sit on the patio (only a small one) and pot up bulbs or plants for hanging baskets.

Hubby will put the little coloured lights on, and he put those solar lights around the fish pond looks nice when lite up
    love those solar lights got some new ones next door neighbour gave me some of others need sorting not working job for screw driver or hammer lol
    val
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    I love this thread. :D

Pottering sounds wonderful. Unfortunately I have only two speeds warp speed, but with varying degress of limp (at work) and comatose/seized up (when at home)
    Mind you on my days off when I have eventually come out of the coma, I can verge on something resembling a potter so maybe I will get there one day! :D
    I should really be comatose at this hour, but hope you all enjoy a bit of well deserved pottering and some sunshine tomorrow.
    Chris :wink:
  • valval
    Options
    pottering all i do these days used to do loads at once now break everything down to bite size things so can mannage. the big job this year is sort wall in front garden started it last year but did not get to the end of it will get help for that job

off to potter well when i have got dressed lol
    val
  • valval
    Options
    right had an hour and done pots with peas, potatoes(not tried them before) cabbage and onions(red) also done some flower seeds . and put rubbish in bin ready to put out tonight
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

Hey you been busy there and hope you get a good crop. I used to have 2 huge veg plots and would potter there for hours but can't do the digging now a days. Must go and potter with wheel barrow for endless slipper boy debris clean uping..... he doesn't potter.... he spends life in the fast lane though why he has to drag bean bags, blankets, shoes, coats, boxes etc in his wake I will never kow :lol::lol: ((( ))) Cris x
  • valval
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    My potterability factor is low and I really need to get out there and start planting. I've a low wall to get rid of to make room for a salad bed, ferns to hack down so I can get to the pond filter, compost to turn and the greenhouse to clean. Sigh!
    small steps only way or you will never get there good luck i did not do much last year was to much bad with arther so have started early and taking little steps so hoping will get there
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    I love this time of year so full of promise. It's true just a little tidy up makes it look like spring. Bought some plant plugs for potting on, got them on the window sill. Can't wait to start the baskets. Got frogs in the pond now so will have to wait til they have finished wooing before we do any more clearing there. :roll: :lol: