How to stay young

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 19. Mar 2010, 19:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Thought for the Day - How to Stay Young

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them!'

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

Any more ideas gratefully received

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i'll just hang on to joan's coattails, so i'll always be young :D

sangita
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Dear Joan

Done all ten :D Never worked. Still gasping for breath :shock:

Shall I carry on with the pills. :mrgreen:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thanks Sangita. I am trying my best. I take my best friend as a role model. She is 86 years young.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Dear Joan

Done all ten :D Never worked. Still gasping for breath :shock:

Shall I carry on with the pills. :mrgreen:

Rubbish Trisher :!: You are one of the youngest at heart people I know :!: :D
  • naseebapnaapna
    Options
    i've joined you all to learn to be young at heart.

till now i've always been older than my years. i think it's time i changed my tactics :D

sangita
  • joanlawson
    Options
    i've joined you all to learn to be young at heart.

till now i've always been older than my years. i think it's time i changed my tactics :D

sangita

Well I think you've come to the right place. This forum is full of young at heart lovely people.
  • naseebapnaapna
    Options
    hi trisher,

i agreew ith jaon, i think you are one of the youngest at heart people here, but then so is she, so i think that could be why you all get on so well

sangita
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh Joan got a problem with 2 :lol::lol: I think you should always help if you can :lol::lol:

8 and 9 well I ain't so good at them but the re I do and you know I am trapped in a old worn out body but my head stays too young I think :lol::lol::lol: Cris x

Hi Sangita I reckon your doing ok flower :wink: Hope your not knocking your self out too much there? ((( ))) xx

Hey Trish your young at heart flower and a very good person so keep taking the tablets to comply with 8 or 9 I think it was and than come and have a bop to this :D ((( ))) xx
  • naseebapnaapna
    Options
    thanks for asking cris, i'm doing well.

i'm up late tongiht as i made it my w/e :D i'm going to give my mind some fun with you all here tonight, hten spend the next week working.

i'm amazed at all you here. i know i do have my ilnesses to live with, but you all here, are teaching me inner strength i didn't know i had the abilty to reach or could reach.

so each and everyone of you here.........my (young :mrgreen: ) heartfelt thanks for all the support adn all the strangth

sangita
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Cris

Re 2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

I know what you mean, but some people do moan about trivial things and can be a bit depressing.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Cris

Re 2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

I know what you mean, but some people do moan about trivial things and can be a bit depressing.

Hi Joan,

Not if you don't let them and sometimes a hug goes a long way...... and other times you get hit :lol::lol::lol::lol: I shall send you a ((( ))) and hope I don't have to duck :lol::lol::lol::lol: Purs to Tommy x

Hey Sangita you got loads of inner strength :D Just look at our user name. Hope you have a good week end and why are we up at this time of day?! :lol::lol: xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well i try to smile not frown , i try to throw guilt in the bin learnt a long time ago to say no in the nicest way , love to read and watch quiz programs. always asking questions even get some answers .i also say i love you to thoses around me and try not to suffer fools but some times you have to put up with them (at work). do like this positive attitude keep it up
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    I IS young - Arent I??? :?

Nice one Joan :D

I got some bad number 2's too (did that come out right???) :oops:

and I tell Daisy i love her at least 100 times a day :D

Love you ALL :D

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:

Consider it don Joannie

a020.gif
    thanks rehab love you to
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Your chronological age is an accident of birth, your actual age is how you live your life so live it to the full each and every day.

Totally agree, Del, and I'm trying my best :!:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:

Consider it don Joannie

a020.gif

That's nice, Rehab, and we all love you too :D

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

You often provide us with plenty of this one :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I love surrounding myself with young people....and h015.gif to everyone on here including you rehab.....
    Barbarax
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    I love surrounding myself with young people....and h015.gif to everyone on here including you rehab.....
    Barbarax

Hi Barbara

Being in the company of children and young people can make you feel either young or very, very old, depending on your attitude :!: :D
  • barbara12
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Barbarax

Hi Barbara

Being in the company of children and young people can make you feel either young or very, very old, depending on your attitude :!: :D
    Hi Joan...when they go to there daddy's tonight I do wonder where the energy came from g030.gif
    Love
    Barbara
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    I have never actually voiced this before, but here goes. I don`t enjoy being with the friends of my own age, that I have had for years, as much as I enjoy being with two very special ones in their early fifties. I love the older ones, and would do anything for them, and they me, but we seem to be on different wavelengths at times.
    If I spend much time with them, I`m always glad to get home. They seem to have embraced getting older, and all that goes with it a bit too readily. Not me!! I know I`ve got Arthur, and high BP, I don`t want to talk about it all the time!

The other two are so different, and we can have great fun, or be deadly serious, and put the world to rights. One does the same job as me, so that`s a bonus. The other one really appeals to my feminine side, and is as daft as I am about clothes, and jewellery, and perfume and.....Oh well, you get the picture. Age is just a number, and as long as I go out smelling of Chanel 5, I`ll be happy!........Ange.
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Going to get labeled 'pervert' or 'there's always one' for this

11. Have sex, make love to the one you love. you always hear doctors saying how having sex keeps you young. :oops: :lol:
    Steve
  • barbara12
    Options
    fester wrote:

11. Have sex, make love to the one you love. you always hear doctors saying how having sex keeps you young. :oops: :lol:
    Steve
    :shock: you asked for it...I should look about 20.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawson
    Options
    fester wrote:

Steve

Quite agree :!: I was going to write this one, but I was too shy :oops:

k030.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    fester wrote:

Steve
    :shock: you asked for it...I should look about 20.. :)

Oooh!!

Barbara! :oops:
    TMI!!!!
  • joanlawson
    edited 19. Mar 2010, 12:25
    Options
    They seem to have embraced getting older, and all that goes with it a bit too readily.

I know people who seem old at 40, and others who are young at 80. Some people seem to lose their zest for life, and it is an attitude of mind to stay young at heart. Like you, I work on it daily, and I have no intention of embracing getting older.

Now pass on the Chanel 5 :!:

Because I'm worth it :!: :lol: