Options
2»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara -

take a peek at post on Young persons thread on Young hip replacement - as there is a post about a double hip replacement that might interest you.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • carolanivey
    carolanivey Member Posts: 64
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

I had my left hip done at age 37, and the right at age 40 - relatively early, but I've heard of people who had it done sooner. Like you, I put the first one off until I absolutely couldn't stand it any more. After I had it done, I wish I'd gone ahead and had it sooner!

In fact, it's better if you do, because the better condition your muscles are in when you go in, the quicker your recovery. The second time around, I didn't wait and my recovery went much faster. Please don't be afraid - the surgery definitely isn't for the faint of heart, but the end result is SO worth it! hug

Carolan

barbara12 wrote:
    Hi
    I have to have both my hips replaced, and maybe one knee, so far.
    I was wondering if anyone has had both hips done at the same time, I am thinking about the recovery period, If I have them separate it is going to take for ever.
    The thing is I should have had my first hip done a Year ago now, but I was to scared to go ahead with it.
    If they do one I may not go back for the other, and then I am back to square one.
    Sorry for rambling, just wanted to talk about it really.
    Barbara x