ashe

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 24. Apr 2010, 03:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
just been watching the news hope there plane got off ok trisher as lots of planes grounded
val

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val I tihkn nearly all are now, well until evening, not sure why, does the ash go to bed for the night once it gets dark?. :P
  • valval
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Val I tihkn nearly all are now, well until evening, not sure why, does the ash go to bed for the night once it gets dark?. :P

sorry this made me laugh out loud was thinking of it going to bed with candle. but do not know does seem strange perhaps wind due to change direction and why did we get no warning or did i miss it
    val
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hi poor travellers there is going to be alot of chaos just looked on aberdeen airport and norwich and heathrow and its not good news for any of them all flights cancelled from norwich and aberdeen

makes me glad i not travling at the mo, i bet everyone with be glad when things get back to normal
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • mellman01
    Options
    This sort of chaos is exactly why I don't go abroad for me hol's, what with the threat of a certain bunch of religious zelots either going bang and or trying to take control of the plane and then fly it and me into the nearest nuclear reactor or high level target it's just to much trouble!. :roll:
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    we are supposed to be going to Manchester airport tomorrow take my son to catch flight to corfu so he can work the summer season but i dont think hes going any where soon :roll:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • valval
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    we are supposed to be going to Manchester airport tomorrow take my son to catch flight to corfu so he can work the summer season but i dont think hes going any where soon :roll:
    that shame bet he can not wait but nothing he can do fingers crossed sorted soon
    val
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    I thought this was caused by the smokers who visit the cain and able :lol:
    Joanne
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Rehab thank you for giving me a laugh your sense of humour is brilliant
    I just had to reply to this one :lol::lol:
    Sue x
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Bloody Icelanders are always messing about with other people, some of you might remember the Cod Wars when they wouldn't allow UK fishing boats to net cod, recently they took billions of UK pounds into their banks which collapsed and they won't pay it back for years, now they are polluting our airspace, buggers the lot of them, I will never shop at Iceland again, nor go there on holiday, not that I ever intended to.
    And what about their names eh? really weird, like who would name a girl Bjork, sounds like you are about to cough up something unpleasant and green :shock: no wonder she is a crap singer!

I should have put this on the Grump thread

sorry was laughing out loud good job no one in they will think i am potty lol
    val
  • valval
    Options
    have heard trishers fam got home ok so glad as such a long trip would have hated them stuck at airport. feel for all those waiting for planes not great so much stress
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    O-K!!!

I Rehb ok now??

Val glad to hear they got home ok.

Still grounded then..... :(

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    When that volcano gets serious the whole place will disappear into the atmosphere. They can't steal our cod if they are part of an eruption now can they? The place is already melting rapidly, one big bang and it's cod suppers all round.

Dell boy u silly bugger!.
  • kazpaz
    kazpaz Bots Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi All

Haven't been on much lately but drop in to read everyone's news often.

My world has been very dark lately with arthur and horrible family crisis. The bright light was going away for a week next Tuesday with two of my children but the ashe may be a good friend of arthur's (sorry about the tennis pun, was a fan of the skill of Arthur Ashe - ha, shows my age).

Norwich airport is still closed today and we only have 4 days left before we are due to go to Toronto, via Amsterdam (also shut).

Please everyone who can, cross fingers and toes for me. I so need to escape right now! Worse, the insurance companies are saying they will declare this "an act of God" and not pay out! That would be the final straw.

Kaz
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Kaz

So sorry to see you have been having such a bad time lately.
    My fingers and toes crossed for you big time. ((( ))) I really hope it clears so you can get your much needed holiday.
    take care
    Chris
  • kazpaz
    Options
    Many thanks, Chris.

I feel a bit at the end of my tether and after a week or two of total agonising about it, with friends and medics encouraging me to go when I didn't feel I had the strength to, I was finally beginning to almost look forward to it.

How different my life has been in the last 4 weeks. Everything that was sure is now gone and the future is so uncertain for the kids and I.

All (((((()))))) welcome right now!

Kaz x
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh, you do sound as if you have it all on your plate right now without the weather getting in on the act, too!

I hope it clears quickly and that you are able to take your much-needed holiday.

Annie
    xx
  • valval
    Options
    kazpaz wrote:
    Hi All

Haven't been on much lately but drop in to read everyone's news often.

My world has been very dark lately with arthur and horrible family crisis. The bright light was going away for a week next Tuesday with two of my children but the ashe may be a good friend of arthur's (sorry about the tennis pun, was a fan of the skill of Arthur Ashe - ha, shows my age).

Norwich airport is still closed today and we only have 4 days left before we are due to go to Toronto, via Amsterdam (also shut).

Please everyone who can, cross fingers and toes for me. I so need to escape right now! Worse, the insurance companies are saying they will declare this "an act of God" and not pay out! That would be the final straw.

Kaz
    kaz they r crossed good luck
    val
  • kazpaz
    Options
    Many thanks to everyone who has looked at this post and has had digits crossed for me.

Spoke to the travel agents this afternoon and the chances of us getting away are low unfortunately. I'm still packing on the off chance but.......

Kaz x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Oh Kaz :(

I am sorry this has come to blight your life just now when you so need it :(

I will have everything crossed for you - I think you are right to pack - and dont forget to keep us up to date.

Love

Toni xx
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    You will get there my little friend 8)
    we have all got our fingers crossed for you, even Max the dog has got his paws crossed :wink:
    keep your chin up sending you some of these know you don't like them
    ((((()))) :):):):):):):):):):):):) just to make you smile
    TC Sue xx
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hi this ash is really causing problems no planes to anywhere so far, not even where i live, only other way is trains, bus, and ferry,

i bet the airlines are loosing money i bet there will be alot of people who will be glad when everything gets back to normal,
    and even when they do get home, just shows how these things can really foul things up
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • valval
    Options
    nephew stuck in cypress air force got them back that far but do not know when will get him home at least he back from the war zone
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Kaz just wanted to let you know I too have my fingers and toes crossed and if it helps will cross my eyes too.

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kaz,

Really sorry I am so late but I really hope the airports are up and running soon. I will cross fingers and toes and sorry things are so bad for you just now. I really hope things get better ((( ))) Cris x
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Bloody Icelanders are always messing about with other people, some of you might remember the Cod Wars when they wouldn't allow UK fishing boats to net cod, recently they took billions of UK pounds into their banks which collapsed and they won't pay it back for years, now they are polluting our airspace, buggers the lot of them, I will never shop at Iceland again, nor go there on holiday, not that I ever intended to.
    And what about their names eh? really weird, like who would name a girl Bjork, sounds like you are about to cough up something unpleasant and green :shock: no wonder she is a crap singer!

I should have put this on the Grump thread

I quite agree Rehab.