We Got A Foal!

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 20. Apr 2010, 20:04 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi,

Few things bring more inner joy than watching a fol born :D:D:D:D:D (That's what made me go for the 18th Jen got you and the horse mixed up :oops: :lol::lol::lol: )

I can't get photobucket to work but some of you will find her in your box...... by flash ...... in the dark taken by a zombie :lol::lol::lol::lol:

She is solid colour, with a bit of a long white leg and a small blaze and she is absolutely beautiful....

Right going to go get some sleep :wink: I kinda remember that.......... Cris x

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    IT'S A FOAL CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS

e118.gif

g070.gifg055.gifg045.gifk050.gif

THEY ALL WONDERED WHY THEY COULD NOT SLEEP

Love Trish xxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Trish,

Just putting her in your box :wink:

Going to go night nights now cus I don't think I even know my name :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hope your ok? xxx
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Congratulations Cris hope you manage to get some sleep now.

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    IT'S A FOAL CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS

e118.gif

g070.gifg055.gifg045.gifk050.gif

THEY ALL WONDERED WHY THEY COULD NOT SLEEP

Love Trish xxx

Great news Cris. :D:D:D

she sounds lovely......you'll need to think of name now...any ideas?

hope you enjoy your well earned zzzzzs. See you later.

Iris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    that great news so glad it ok
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Well that's it now girls and guys

Expect NOTHING from Cris for a while......

she will be watching a foal...who could blame her eh??

She is gorgeous Cris - well done Flower!!

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Pictures I need pictures!, my daughter is totally horse mad she would love to see some pics!.
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Cris, she is a little beauty! And what a great name, so appropriate.

You are a very clever girl, and a very tired one, so get plenty of rest.

How have the rest of the gang reacted to her?.........Much love.....Ange.
  • skezier
    Options
    Oh so that's what sleep feels like :lol::lol::lol:

Hi Julie,

Wasn't a textbook foaling just what we hoped for :wink: Now 2 more at least to go but not for a month or so...... I think June actually. Much better time to have them s this little mite arrived in a frost and I so hope the owner doesn't put her straight back...... :? xx

Hi Del,

Oh it made my night cus it was the perfect foaling and the mares had a bit of a rough time so I was a bit apprehensive....... xx

Hi Iris,

I named her the other day, their owner doesn't ever bother to name them but the names I give them stick with him too.......There was actually a foal called Mulelet last year :lol::lol::lol: I think as I remember Toni's kids name him? I do call his mum Mule though :oops: :lol::lol::lol: This one (for now) is Primrose :D It might change cus last had to as she wasn't a Petal but Florence suited her and now she is Flobag! :lol::lol::lol: xx

Hi Val,

Oh ts just a relief and so nice to not be up s much ..... kinda rewarding though :wink: xx

Hi Ton,

She isn't early, Flo looked as if she was and she is good condition as well :D I wonder if she will change colour...... Flo said she emailed earlier cus she didn't want a sister.......... xxx

Hi Mel,

Bless her I got a lot of horse pics, with and without foals. I will try and get photobucket to work or will pm you with an alternative. xx

Hi Ange,

She is so sweet..... walked up to me as soon as she could stand! Owns has taken herself off cus she said I don't have mine yet ad I don't want to know..... Ivy is now certain that her separation anxiety means if I go to the foal she has to put her ears back and try and stop me.... At that point Flower does the Alien line of 'Get away from her you B........! :lol::lol::lol::lol: To Ivy I hasten to add :lol::lol::lol: And Flo well she really did say I didn't order a sister and whats it doing here! :lol::lol::lol: Will send some more in a bit but forgot to charge the camera :roll: xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    congratulations to you i bett your tired now but there lots of work a head but ooh how wonderful new life its a brilliant time spring bouncing babys every where great news chris by the way how are you keeping? I have not spoken to you for a while. :D
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joane,

Nice to see you :D Just been down sat on the grass (its wet you know :wink: ) watching her find how to lie down and she is flat out now. She was hard to dry cus it really was cold and its nice to see her with the sun on her :D Her mum needs to eat but is standing guard and bless her she has done the foal proud.

I ave been sitting up with this one for the last 3 nights so very tired and its mtx night as well :lol::lol::lol: The crohn's has been got by the throat and is on the ropes cus the mtx has really gone after it..... now if it could do the same for the eyes and the bones I should be some happy :D

Oh the chicks are about to go out in their run for the first time today...... I wonder what they will make of it? Mine have aways had mums to look after them before and these are the first incubator ones I have had so i will be interesting to see how well they do out there... very I recon eh? You have a lovely day and sending ((( ))) and luv Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations Cris,
    Havent got time to read the details...got to finish essay with son.But a big hug to you ((((( )))))))).
    Lots of love
    Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Cris when you have time I need photos please :D:wink:

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

Ah she is a filly an mostly bay but she probably will lighten but still be a bright bay? He uses a coloured horse and her half or full sister is coloured but she isn't though she has 2 white legs and a blaze that is a bit too wide at the top :wink:

She is going to be a heller cus she is already too bold :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't get photobucket to load up for me just now but at some point it will.....

Enjoy your suday and good luck with the essay. ((( ))) Cris xx
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Congratulations Cris
    Oh lovely a filly. What a lovely gift!!!!

joy
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Cris

I've only just caught up with this, so congratulations :!: :!: :D:D The foal sounds really beautiful. I would love to see her.

Your devotion to, and expertise with animals is truly inspirational.

All the best

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    i'm so pleased you must be proud of your little darling.
    congratulations to cris and the mare.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Spring has sprung Cris! :D:D

a040.gif

Congratulations.

Luv Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Lynn,

She will be arriving again and looks much better by day light :lol::lol::lol::lol: Hey you have a good day and they are both really well and Flo has decided she does like her sister though mum is still auditioning for Aliens :wink: ((( ))) xx

Hi Joan,

At the mo she is bay with white to her flanks on one back leg, to the knee on one front leg and given both her parents are coloured she probably wont change much though she may slightly lighten or darken..... solid colour would make her lighten but the coloured ones don't seem to change colour as much....... She is big and strong and I was a bit worried she might not be either.

Hope you and Sue are getting some sun and enjoying your selves there? ((( ))) xx

Hi Joan,

I am trying to get phtobucket to work for me..... failing at the mo..... I will drop you a pm cus there is another way you can see her. Good to have sun on her and she really is lovely :D xx

Hi Legs,

Oh she is going to be a heller.... she is just outside the window and cantering about her mum already. I think all newborns, and rightly so, think they are 'all that' but she is actually Flo's sister so could go heavy like she has :lol::lol::lol: Love and a ((( ))) Cris who must go and do some work...... in fact open the sheep salon :shock: xxx

Hi Joy,

Really nice to see you and hope your dong ok? Oh Joy she is lovely....... yo know the next best thing to your own are foster ones :wink: xx
  • naseebapnaapna
    naseebapnaapna Member Posts: 201
    Options
    congratulations cris. a lot of relief for you after all the hared work you have done, with a beautiful result at the end of it.

wish you could get some rest now, but i bet, like all babies, she watns adn needs a lot of attention.

remember to look after yourself, so that you can look after everyone else.

sangita
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Awwww cris what lovely news...a new foal ...you try and get some rest now...before the others make an arrival...Cris what a lovely lady you are looking after these animal like you do......they are hard work for you but they must bring so much joy...I am really envious I love horses...well any animals come to that.
    You take care of yourself
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    well done to all she sounds adorable xxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    OH, Cris............Primrose, what a lovely name!

..........but do hope the midwife can get some rest now! Hopefully the mare and foal will both pick up now...............the weather seems to be fairly kind over the next few days, which should help.

I've been wishing I was down there all day, just to see her sunning herself!

Annie
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Options
    Cris primrose is absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for sending me the photos.
    Laura wants to look after her I am glad you were there to she her being born, the other two horses are the same colour of the ones Laura used to ride
    she really misses ridding but to busy at the moment
    give primrose a big hug from us & Laura says don't forget to hug all of them love & best wishes Sue xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Now Cris....

midwifery duties over for a while....

s040.gif

Baby safely delivered...

o055.gif

so you can have a full night's sleep d035.gif

Love

Toni xx