Men with shaved heads

Options
ninakang
ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
edited 26. Apr 2010, 07:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Alright Alan?

I don't think men with shaved heads look aggressive - my brother shaved his head and has done ever since his hair started to get thinner in his 20s.

I think you should do what you like regardless of what other people think - after all, you can't possibly look any worse than most "celebrities" out there.

Nx

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    they look like kn@bs, apart from Jason Statham!! and marines.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    they look like kn@bs, apart from Jason Statham!! and marines.

Tell us what you think, Oneday, don't be shy! :D

Nx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Must admit I am very wary of the shaven-headed, tattoed, drink-can-in-hand types I encounter. I approach warily, walk round quietly, and then speed up as much as possible!

Annie
  • oneday
    Options
    oneday
    You have gone a bit quiet, ( must be heading for the clippers)

just oiling number one attachment,haa haa.....
    just so i dont upset anyone!..if the chap has shaved head but very smiley face he can get away with it!...a gentle giant...
    like i said jason statham lookalikes okay...
    there again my uncle whose is probably shaved actually looks younger and hes a pensioner....(nice reply ok?!!!)
    cut to the chase.....shaved head and muscles fine,hee hee.... :lol:
  • fourferrets
    fourferrets Member Posts: 44
    Options
    My hair gets clipped to seven eighths of an inch (a number 7 on the clippers :) )

Have been doing that ever since the twins were 6 months old and kept pulling my hair (they are 19 now!).

I never have to brush my hair lol
    It still sticks out to one side in the mornings tho (and probably all day too hehe)

So not quite Britney Spears or Sinead O'Connor but close :)
  • oneday
    Options
    in my haste!! typical...i did not read the threads fully, whoops....
    sorry alanmancunian didnt realise your head was shaved, but if you get down the gym and get some muscles thats okay,only joking and as for shaving off mine, noooooooooooooo! ps. i am a woman!
  • oneday
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Must admit I am very wary of the shaven-headed, tattoed, drink-can-in-hand types I encounter. I approach warily, walk round quietly, and then speed up as much as possible!

Annie

once i was walking down a main road, mum and auntie walking slowly behind me....i crossed road as saw said shaven headed youth, then he crossed to my side, so i crossed back again, mum and auntie thought very funny to watch...lad was just crossing. this was many years ago...today i would just walk past.
  • oneday
    Options
    My hair gets clipped to seven eighths of an inch (a number 7 on the clippers :) )

Have been doing that ever since the twins were 6 months old and kept pulling my hair (they are 19 now!).

I never have to brush my hair lol
    It still sticks out to one side in the mornings tho (and probably all day too hehe)

So not quite Britney Spears or Sinead O'Connor but close :)

your number 7 must be our number one
  • oneday
    Options
    annie and nina...i always get you two mixed up.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Men that have shaved heads don't always look bad, and menacing. Some people have had treatment for cancer.

My nephew started loosing his hair when he was in his twenties as his hair was going thin so he shaved it off. In fact it suites him.

Trish x
  • oneday
    Options
    oh god...i am feeling really bad now.......
  • fourferrets
    Options
    I found it very liberating when I cut my mop off :)

Never have to pay to get it cut, but a good pair of clippers is essential, have had some before that felt like they were tugging the hairs out EEK!

My hubby is a rock fan and his hair is down to his ar*e, bit of role reversal there :D
  • oneday
    Options
    I found it very liberating when I cut my mop off :)

Never have to pay to get it cut, but a good pair of clippers is essential, have had some before that felt like they were tugging the hairs out EEK!

My hubby is a rock fan and his hair is down to his ar*e, bit of role reversal there :D

is it cold in winter...cos if i have mine cut off neck im freezing?also it stops insects flying in my ears.
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Options
    Hi

Shaved is much, much better than balding mullet or comb over aaaahhhh! Thank god those are no longer in fashion ( if they ever were?) with older gentlemen. Toupees and hairpieces are something else too, best one I ever saw was on the tube in London; looked like the husk on a coconut.......class!!!!

B x
  • oneday
    Options
    babette wrote:
    Hi

Shaved is much, much better than balding mullet or comb over aaaahhhh! Thank god those are no longer in fashion ( if they ever were?) with older gentlemen. Toupees and hairpieces are something else too, best one I ever saw was on the tube in London; looked like the husk on a coconut.......class!!!!

B x

what a vivid description
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    babette wrote:
    Hi

B x

what a vivid description

It was so vivid (ginger) I never forgot it; that was nearly 30 yrs ago!!

B x
  • fourferrets
    Options
    I wear a neck tube in winter if I leave the house, Hubby tells me I should wear a wooly hat.
    As it's been nearly 20 years that I've been keeping it short I don't notice it to be any different these days.
  • deborahjane
    deborahjane Member Posts: 120
    Options
    i would rather see a man with a shaved head then a comb over, :mrgreen:
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    babette wrote:
    Hi

B x

We used to have a Rep who came to see us with the most obvious wig that you could imagine. Kept having to repeat to myself 'Don't look at the hair line!' But of course I could'nt help it. Very disconcerting :oops:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I love men who have shaven heads - litle biased as my son has, due to losing his hair prematurely, bless him. :)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    You be careful, Alan with your newly shaven head in the sunny weather, you should wear a hat/cap or you will get burnt/sunstroke.
    Really. You look after yourself. Put sun tan lotion on your head too in really hot weather if you refuse to wear a hat of some description.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • oneday
    Options
    i find it sexy! :oops: shaved head i mean!! :lol: hubby has number 1 all over with his goaty and his tats , coudlnt get a milder mannerd guy :wink: i say go for it :wink:

think he has already gone for it!
    whats tats?
  • elnafinn
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    i find it sexy! :oops: shaved head i mean!! :lol: hubby has number 1 all over with his goaty and his tats , coudlnt get a milder mannerd guy :wink: i say go for it :wink:

whats tats?

Tattoos.
    E x

• oneday
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    oneday wrote:

whats tats?

Tattoos.
    E x

arh as in lightbulb realisation not gooee arrh!....think i better eat something must be lightheaded or bird brained.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    ninakang
    ......... Thanx, I thought I made the right decision, I used to lok like a member of Hawkwind or something but am quite happy with it.
    I suppose it's down to the individual.

Oh Alan

You just took me right back!!

the 'love of my life ' was into hawkwind......

You shave your head - people will soon realize how lovely you are when you speak to them :)

Love toni xx