could I be getting an ulcer?

Options
2»

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry about my milk advice especially if it makes it worse .....it just helped me with heartburn when I was pregnant :oops:

Luv Legs :roll:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • babette
    babette Member Posts: 128
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Right. Seems like I had better get it checked. I have spent so much time with medical staff (with the childrens issues as well) it gets a bit tiring and I worry that they will think the whole family is a burden.
    Last night I could feel something inside. Bit hard to explain really but I was aware there was some aggravation going on.The pain was concerntrated on the left side of stomach and in a small area.The burning/acid feeling is down the middle and higher up.
    Water is the best thing to soothe it but I do have the bladder from hell so I guess I had better park myself next to the loo.
    It really helps to hear your stories so thankyou everyone.
    Regards
    Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth
    pain on the left side is not uncommon, something to do with the anatomy of the bowel. The wiggly intestine ( can't remember whether it's the large or small at this point) leaves the stomach on the left side so the pain is felt there especially when wind/ poo is in transit. The burning feeling I get is quite high up under the rib cage so the first thing to come off is the bra as it seems to constrict the flow of food. I can feel the pain as it moves down all the way through my gut; sometimes the agony last for 8 hrs or more. It usually comes on in the middle of the night or when I have just lain down. I sometimes find walking around helps to alleviate the symptoms as whatever is sitting in my tummy is forced to abide by the laws of gravity. Best wishes in getting it sorted out.

Bx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Thanks all,

Dont worry Linda as milk is very soothing.All advice is useful and welcome and different things help different people. It felt better yesterday -that or I am just getting used to it.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • susanpollard
    susanpollard Member Posts: 14
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I have been suffering after I eat and it only started during the past few weeks. It is worse in the evening when lying down. The symptoms are like heartburn and there is a heavy acidy sensation and last night got some reflux sicky. It is now happening after every meal so I am wondering if I may have an ulcer developing.
    I recently stopped taking Ibuprofen retard on my rheumatologists advice because I had been taken it for years(at least 6).Thankfully my arthritis has not got noticeably worse since I stopped but this has all started and is worrying me.
    Any advice?

Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth
    I have exactley the same thing happen to me and my doctor gave me Lansoprazol(Zoton) and honestly it works wonders, just one tablet a day and all my symptoms went, I understand your concern about going to the doctors, but honestly it worked a treat for my husband and I, I would recommend it, hope this helps,
    love sue
    x x
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,
    Hust be the time of year 'cos mine is playing up too- going to try and get to see Doc tomorrow as I think I am keeping Rennie in business at the moment!!
    Love Katexx

PS is your other half going to Doncaster Hunters do?