2»

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth
    You think you have problems...my OH keeps all the prices of basics things in hid head...and goes round looking for the cheapest...spending a fortune in petrol....and he try to organise everything on the conveyor belt....now you got me going...sorry
    :) :roll:
    Barbara xx

He doesnt worry about how much an exhausts costs or even if he really needs a new one.
    I have decided.... I will ask him to let me buy a few nice things such as fresh meat to keep me sweet and I will not question how many exhausts/ pistons/ spare tyres he has lying around the garage and sometimes the house. Compromise is the key word here.
    I feel better already.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    i dare not touch the conveyor belt. That is his territory!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Barbara and Elizabeth

I have basic prices of things in my head and often compare them with mum over a cup of tea while dad sits rolling his eyes and saying (like a lot of people have here) that they're all the same food with different packaging.

I'm with your husband on this one, on our weekly food shop, I go round the shop a certain way, carefully put everything in my trolley a certain way, then load it onto the belt and pack it so it will go into my cupboards etc neatly. I refuse help of packing with a polite "No thanks, I'll be OK if you don't scan as quick". This not only takes the stress out of trying to catch things flying off the belt in the vague direction of my bags, it also gives the assistant a bit of a break. They're not on piece work and actually have an excuse to go slower.

Do you think this is why my hubby doesn't like coming shopping with me?!

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    As I have stated earlier, The Husband does our shoppping, and is responsible for the packing. Unlike me, he puts the softest things at the botttom of the bag, then weighs them down with tins of soup, 4 pints of milk, big pots of yoghurt, whatever comes to hand. Every Saturday I play 'Guess which item is the bread', which is a very tedious game. Mind you, shouldn't complain. He relieves me from the dreadful stress of it all and for that I am thankful. Have given up trying to explain why he should buy 8 pints of milk for £3 tho. His reasoning? We don't need 8 pints. Mmm, yes we do, because by Monday we will have run out which means I have to go and stock up. That's why I keep the Clubcard vouchers - payback! Dreamdaisy
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben