Options
2»

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    angel1 wrote:
    I absolutely refuse to be drawn into the Rehab versus Wulf scenario. As I said at the time, they are grown men, who made their own choices. The Forum has rules, and the moderators decided that they had been broken..

What I would like to say - and have wanted to for some time, but she wouldn`t let me! - is that Chris should NEVER have had to stop posting. In my opinion, she is the one who has suffered the most here. Her post explaining her position was concise, informative, and polite. I would like HER to be asked back. She broke no rules, but is missing us all.........Ange.......Sorry Chris, don`t shout at me.......HM.

we would love chris to come back non of us should be left out in the dark we need each other i know chris needs us and she would be welcome. i have told all concerned that i am not taking sides both wulf and rehab are my friends and because they have fell out does not meen we have to take sides i just wish it had not happened but it has there is nothing we can do i wish there was . just hoping time will sort it val
    val
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    I don't know- listen to you all- he did this- he said that - come on folks we are adults here (supposedly) and we're all bickering like a bunch of 6 year olds.
    Many of you know I have a very soft spot for Rehab- like many he helped me through some tough times and I have also had the great pleasure of meeting him in the flesh as it were - can you just imagine what his reaction to me saying that would be !!!-wahay!!! :shock: :shock:
    I have never read one of Wulf's posts so cannot comment on his demeanour and so I will not but dragged into that one; but the one phrase that keeps coming to mind through all this is- 'He who is without sin cast the first stone'. We all at some point have said to others whether it be purposely or not something that has offended. That is real life and something we all need to accept. No one has the right to make others feel unworthy or try to impose their will on others. By demanding apologies etc we are treading a very fine line and if we are not careful we will fall by the wayside.
    Another saying: 'To err is human perfection is divine'.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    katekelly wrote:
    I don't know- listen to you all- he did this- he said that - come on folks we are adults here (supposedly) and we're all bickering like a bunch of 6 year olds.
    Many of you know I have a very soft spot for Rehab- like many he helped me through some tough times and I have also had the great pleasure of meeting him in the flesh as it were - can you just imagine what his reaction to me saying that would be !!!-wahay!!! :shock: :shock:
    I have never read one of Wulf's posts so cannot comment on his demeanour and so I will not but dragged into that one; but the one phrase that keeps coming to mind through all this is- 'He who is without sin cast the first stone'. We all at some point have said to others whether it be purposely or not something that has offended. That is real life and something we all need to accept. No one has the right to make others feel unworthy or try to impose their will on others. By demanding apologies etc we are treading a very fine line and if we are not careful we will fall by the wayside.
    Another saying: 'To err is human perfection is divine'.

well said
    val
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    No one has the right to make others feel unworthy or try to impose their will on others. By demanding apologies etc we are treading a very fine line

As it was Guy, the manager, who "demanded" the apology, are you saying that he was wrong? Surely, we have to respect the moderators.

I wholeheartedly agree with Jan. This is going to blow up in to something unpleasant, unless it is put to bed once and for all.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Mockingly: Trisher, thank you for the best laugh this week. I quote (roughly): 'The grump thread is supposed to be funny but you were not there when it started, so you do not really know, do you? Why did you post on there then?'

Truthfully: there is nothing better than being in on the joke. 51 and still naive.

Mockingly: I missed the sub-heading on 'Post a Grump' thread which said 'this is not for real: your grumps are not valid and will be graded.'

Now ( and I suspect this won't work 'cos words do not convey tone of voice or facial expression)

Sincerely.
    I am so sorry about your son. He did something truly magnificent (and beyond comprehension to many) and you need, and deserve, all the words of comfort that exist. Is it any comfort that you gave birth to a man who was willing to, and did, sacrifice all? No, of course not. But that is all I have to offer. Your son was not a coward. DD

Despondently: I think I've made things worse.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    I feel sure this thread will shortly be locked and removed

In the meantime I would be sincerely grateful if we could all perhaps remind ourselves of some words rehab himself often quoted.

Attack the post, not the poster. Sound advise I think.

Chris

Mell if you would do me the courtesy of picking up my pm when you next call in, it may answer some of your concerns here. Thank you.
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Hi all,

I will lock this thread from further comments. Please let me know if you feel this will cause further problems.

Jean123
This discussion has been closed.