Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Shopped till I dropped

joanlawsonjoanlawson Posts: 10,319
edited 29. May 2010, 05:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

All I wanted was some new summer clothes. Was that asking too much? How could it be that in a huge shopping centre, I could hardly find anything?

If I liked it, they didn't have my size.

If they had my size, I didn't like it.

Things that looked nice on the hanger didn't look nice on me.

If I liked the style, I didn't like the colour.

If I liked the colour, I didn't like the style.

So many shops only cater for young people. Why?

Too many fitting rooms are like little pokey cupboards.

Three exhausting hours later, all I had managed to buy was one skirt and one t-shirt. Not much for all that effort. Shopping can be a frustrating experience sometimes. I'll just have to try again!

Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• joanlawsonjoanlawson Posts: 10,319
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yes, I admit that I'm a bit fussy about what I wear, but a strange thing seems to happen when I go shopping. If I set off with the intention of buying clothes, I never find any I like. If I'm looking for other things, and haven't got much time, I suddenly see something I like, and then haven't got the time to try it on.

Most men don't seem to have these problems. With them, it seems to be a case of walk in the first shop, see something and buy it, go home. End of story :!:
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,898 ✭✭
    Morning Joan
    I know what you mean, you walk into these shops, and if you are not 15 and under 7 stone they look at you as though you are an alien.
    I love shopping on line apart from returning things, but at least you can try on in your own home.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • joanlawsonjoanlawson Posts: 10,319
    Hi Barbara

I agree that shopping on-line is a good idea, but I really need to try things on. I'm the original pear-shaped woman, so if it fits at the top, it doesn't at the bottom, and vice versa. I end up taking about three sizes of everything into the fitting rooms.