2»

Comments

• wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    wendgro wrote:
    I know with TKR kneeling is out of the question a big no no I also have had a THR and believe it or not never tried to kneel since having it done your best bet is to ask your physio or consultant when you go for a check up

Hi Wendy, does that mean you are never allowed to kneel after having a TKR? Wow!! How do you manage? Which op did you have done first?

Speedy
    I had my THR first and yes I was told that kneeling with a TKR is a big NO NO .The trouble is I haven't got the flexion in my TKR that I should have in other words it doesn't bend much at all and if I kneel on my good knee which does bend I haven't got the bend or strength in my TKR to get up again . I manage ok
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    You must be very resourceful Wendy ... being resourceful is a side effect of arther!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    How is your walking going Speedy?

Remind me - when are you expecting to drive again?

I thought I was in for a deadful day today - I had a very restless night and just KNEW I had been crossing my feet in my sleep (an old habit of mine) - my new hip was really painful when I finally woke up properly.. anyway, woudl you believe it - it's actually been my best day so far! I have had 2 good walks (still using both crutches though) and managed to carry a few items of shopping in a small rucksack which I used on my front - rather like a baby carrier.. I think I looked really naff, but it did the trick..

The swelling has not been too bad the last couple of days either..

Not yet able to do any dog walking though - so have just booked my dog walker for the month of July..

Hope S is OK..

Marion
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Marion,
    Glad to hear things are going so well.....Its funny when you have such a bad night you can have such a good day....it must help that the weather is beautiful. I like the idea of the rucksack on the front LOL...who cares if it looks naff LOL I went to the hoppings tonight...biggest funfair in Europe and its here for a week. I knew I wouldnt be able to walk around it {very large} but didnt know if my scooter would cope with the ground that its on......very grassy but bumpy........I decided to try it....it worked OK even if I did get jolted about....better than walking or limping LOL..The only thing is we didnt quite make it the whol;e way round....suddenly looked at the battery and decided we better get back to the car before it died on us LOL...sorry didnt mean to hi jack your thread.....have a good night Love Hileena
  • marion1952
    Options
    Hi Hileena

Glad you had a good trip - I had never heard of The Hoppings but have just looked it up on T'internet so I have learnt something today!

Hope you have a good sleep tonight ..

Marion
  • speedalong
    Options
    How is your walking going Speedy?
    Have been doing really well - walking a little bit further each day .. and must be a little faster each day too as always takes me same amount of time even though going faster. Not so good yesterday so just did a maintenance walk and so had a a day off today and just did a bit of walking from car and around local garden centre,
    Remind me - when are you expecting to drive again?
    I suspect from 12 weeks, but would like consultant to say from 6 weeks when I feel ready ... don't feel ready quite yet ... but would on a good day.
    I thought I was in for a deadful day today - I had a very restless night and just KNEW I had been crossing my feet in my sleep (an old habit of mine
    )
    That's interesting ... I woke up this morning in a no-no position - a position that I had adapted pre-op, knee bent and leg turned right out .... a bit like a frogs leg!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: This was the only position my leg was vaguely bearable before the op and the physio said I did it because in that position it used to force my semi-dislocated joint back towards where it should be ... so in that case hopefully was safe?!

-
    my new hip was really painful when I finally woke up properly.. anyway, woudl you believe it - it's actually been my best day so far! I have had 2 good walks (still using both crutches though) and managed to carry a few items of shopping in a small rucksack which I used on my front - rather like a baby carrier.. I think I looked really naff, but it did the trick..
    Sounds like you are doing really well.
    The swelling has not been too bad the last couple of days either..
    By bedtime mine has been worse again - not enough elevation at the weekend or due to the heat? Not sure.
    Not yet able to do any dog walking though - so have just booked my dog walker for the month of July..
    Probably very wise ...

Hope S is OK..
    We now have a loan device for talking so that is good, His is being couriered over on .... Thursday ... my coveted hospital appointment day ... luckily neighbour has agreed to sign for and look after his repaired one until we are both home.

Speedy

Marion[/quote]
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • marion1952
    Options
    Hi Speedy

Just to say hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and looking forward to reading all about it tomorrow evening - if you are not too tired .

Marion
  • speedalong
    Options
    Thank you Marion,

I have my list ready it consists of lots of

When can I ....? type questions!!! There's a surprise ...

My resting yesterday and today has helped and my leg is hurting less (op leg,) which is good - I need to be convincing tomorrow!! Though hospitals involve a lot of walking and sitting on uncomfy chairs .. which wont help.

Speedy
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Speedy,
    Get them to wheel you in a wheelchair if its any length that you have to walk.
    The other thing is.....dont do like I did.......wasnt using the hospital sticks.....one folding one outside and none inside and i thought oooppps better look up the hospital one....so walked in and he just laughed.....You doing your Charlie Chaplin Act???? LOL
    Hubby was behind me and he said afterwards that I walked in and the stick wasnt even touching the ground....so much for worrying about getting the proper one LOL
    Good Luck anyway...looking forward to hearing all those answers
    Love
    Hileena
  • marion1952
    Options
    Hi Speedy

Glad the rest has done you good ..

.. don't forget to ask about how to get in the driving seat of a car and adjust the seat without twisting!!!

I managed to clean my windows (slowly and carefully) last evening, using a new telescopic cleaning gadget - no problems with my hip this morning - but my right shoulder and both hands were really playing up .. they are Ok now though.. and at least I don't have to look at the sun shining on my filthy windows for a few weeks..!

Best wishes

Marion
  • speedalong
    Options
    Blimey Marion - washing windows ... I know what you mean - the sun is very unforgiving on missed housework!!

I will ask consultant when I can drive ... and save the how to get in question for the lovely physio who is coming to see how I got on, the day after ... I will feedback what they both say.

Speedy