We have a 4th foal :-) :-)

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 21. Jun 2010, 19:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All,

Been a long day....... 5 am start and I knew by 8ish SP would foal tonight...... well I had a 98% belief :wink:

Went t do the sheep putting her on 2 hourly checks..... The calves had been I the sheep shed... now they may not be able to say Armageddon but boy can they do it! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Got back at about 1 am.... well I was late all day.... pain so bad I wanted to cry and as I came in I saw she was rolling......1.35 and there he was.....bit hard for her cus he is big... but text book and no blood. After Ows that was nice.

He is fine but not finding his leg to well so I have helped dry hi (she let me :D:D:D ) Got the camera... well you have to don't you :wink:

He isn't a Willow.... I know who will be but we will have to wait for next year :D

He is either a Bramble or a Bracken (Toni and Babycham came up with those) :D I am kinda not sure which but he is lovely. Big and strong and you now what bit like Rowan (thy are half brothers :wink:

Will drink this tea and go see if he is up and drinking and if not will help him out a bit......

You all take care and we now have 4 forum foals :D:D:D

Tell you I had screaming pain... I mean screaming and for a good 15 mins while she foaled I actually forgot it all....

Welcome to the world little one :D:D:D:D

You all take care Cris xx

Comments

• skezier
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lynn,

hey your right its the 21 st isn't it?!

Hey shall I call him Pagan? :D

Still leaning towards the Bramble/Bracken name...... but pagan, well it would suit Rowan :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh Lynn your right I am absolutely knackered ....... nut wouldn't miss this for the world :D

Off to check he is up and drinking... will take the camera..... :wink:

Love

Cris who is so cross with the calves today..... :lol::lol::lol::lol: xxxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Cris, what wonderful news another foal. Glad to hear that he's a big strong boy and that he and mum are both well. Well done to all. A bit worried about you tho, it must be taking its toll on you. Also I haven't worked out yet whether you are any good at taking care of yourself or does everyone elso come first, hmmm. I wonder.

Anyway Cris, I hope you now manage to have a peaceful night and get plenty of refreshing sleep. Sending you lots of healing hugs (((((((((()))))))))) and thanks for bringing another lovely foal. (I've never had the privelege of being part o anything like this before, it's magical) Night night, Brenda xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Cris

Another one now Congratulations Cris, if we carry on like this what with the neighbours taking up residence you won't have any grass left.

Bracken is very nice name......unusual sounds strong name. They both are.

Cris please hit the embers you will wear yourself out.

Love Trish xxxx
  • skezier
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Cris

Another one now Congratulations Cris, if we carry on like this what with the neighbours taking up residence you won't have any grass left.

Bracken is very nice name......unusual sounds strong name. They both are.

Cris please hit the embers you will wear yourself out.

Love Trish xxxx
    Hi Lynn,

I think I see then enough already :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: xxx

Hi please forgive bulk answer.... I really am shattered and swollen in so man places :lol::lol::lol:

He is fine, up, drinking and has found his feet... he took a bit of time as his legs have been a bit scrunched in his mum...... he is big. Same size as Rowan (who likes having a brother :D )

I think bracken may win if I don't use Pagan :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Going to find the embers and you all take care.

((( )))'s to all Cris xx

Oh he visitors are back.... calling to each other.... just as well I love sheepsis eh?! Night All :wink:
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Cris, hope you managed a few hours sleep. I think Bracken is a lovely name and it sounds like it suits him. Would love to see the piccies when you have a mo. really pleased to hear that Rowan is enjoying having a brother, can imagine them playing together (if horses play that is, sorry all sleep deprived and mushy brained!!) You sure do work hard but boy your job satisfaction must be immense.

Oh by the way you haven't seen our Puddy cat have you, not sure how she would have got from Leeds to Cornwall, but she seems to have gone walkabout hmmmm!

I've had a theory about your neighbours, I think like Trish said earlier, they enjoy the lifestyle over at yours and they want to look like this too g02132.gif. You could have a huge sheepy makeover day. Oh no I'm off on one now, this lack of sleep really is no good, they'll all look lovely. love and hugs (((((((((())))))))))))) Brenda xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Cris

a030.gif

So pleased to see he arrived ok and mum let you help. Sorry I couldn't stay up with you all, glad Rowan and the others are impressed with the new not so little one!

Do hope you are resting now and getting that pain under control Cris. Try and have an easier day if your chores allow and hope you are snoozing as I type.
    take care
    love, hugs, energy and shortberry shortcake on it's way.
    Chris xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Cris,

Congratulations on the safe delivery of foal number 4!!

Wow - that was one long day!! Anyone's bones would ache ... let alone someone's with arther. Minimumal duties today - hey!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, Cris, congratulations! Bet you are knackered :oops: :D Definitely a special babe being born on the 21st. You must be tired but so elated that you may not have been able to sleep last night. Bet you were up early this morning to take a peep at your newcomer and his mum.
    :)
    Love
    elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    pagan/ nature it all goes hand in hand. I would choose Bracken as it is a nice, strong name. Just dont call him Fabio!!!!
    Anyway congratulations again Cris. So glad it helped you forget your pain even for a little while. Nothing like others in pain to help take your mind of things. I the survival instinct coming out.You take lots of care of yourself now Cris.....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    He has a lot of white: Druid. Pagan Druid. Mind you, Bracken's OK but a little girly for him. He's a big lad! (I have seen photos). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Cris

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Now I know why you have been up for almost 24 hrs (hadn't seen this thread when I read your PM).

Can't wait to see the piccys! Just waiting now for my foal-sitting instructions!

Sorry you are in so much pain Cris, hope you have/are managing to get some rest.

Love Tilly xxx o055.gifo055.gifo055.gifo055.gif
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Well done Cris, another beautiful boy. I loved waking up to the pics.

Please take great care.........Much love.........Ange.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Brenda,

Hey imagine her going to check her sheep and finding them all pink, she would instantly know who did it :lol::lol::lol::lol: xx

Hi Chris,

I said she would but before anyone thinks I m good...... she was so obvious bless her..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hugs coming back to you flower and some more clotted cream... with... saffron cake. xxx

Hi Speedy,

I can hardly move...... being sponsored by pregabalin and tramodol :lol::lol::lol::lol: But for a few mins I was so amazed I guess or worried actually as he is so big I forgot I hurt...... Sham that didn't last eh> :wink: xx

Hi Elizabeth,

Its a weird one you know. As they foal a calmness and peacefulness comes in..... I have no idea why, the other horses stand looking and not eating and well its a good feeling :D xx

Hi Elna,

Its always so nice to actually meet them :D I was sat watching him kick his mum for a few days and though she is feral she doesn't mind me too much now. There a big rock on the sloppy bit and I have been sat talking to her quite a bit and he may have been eaves dropping?

I turned in juts after 5 and was up at 10 so not too bad..... just a bit zombie :lol::lol::lol: Love and ((( )))'s Cris xx

Hi DD,

He isn't the right kind of horse for the solstice type names..... you need something bold and strong to carry that one off eh?

I am leaning towards Bracken :D xx

Hi Tilly,

He is lovely but wobbly and I certain premature... he will be fine just like Blossom t will take a few days. xx

Hi Ange,

He is marked a lo like his mum gain....... Rowan is an exact copy of his mums markings.

Bit zombied still so a ((((( ))))) and love Cris xx

Hi Babysham,

I think it will be bracken :D He is sweet like his mum and he as born so close to some.... I must get the strimmer going! You take care and hope the day is kind to you. ((( ))) Cris xx
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Yhay another foal :D
    Glad all went well and mum and foal ok
    Sorry your feel rough try get some rest or at least sit down while you do a bit of time wasting watching him :wink:

Bubbles for you and foal and mum and sheep, dogs, cats, chickens, all other horses and any other animals i have missed out, should have just said Cris and co :roll:
    Sharon xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    Thank you he looks lovely.
    you breed some good foals up there.
    please take care and i hope you can manage to sort your pain out.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Cris I was going to say in the pics you sent- the other horses all crept over to have a look and how lovely that was.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Cris

'congtartulations,

and celebrations'

HE is drop dead gorgeous!!!

Well done midwife - well done Sweet pea :D

Lots of love Aunty Toni

Ps Charlie had a look at piccies and she loves him :D
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Many congratulations Cris, he sounds gorgeous.

From me and the forum team,

Jean :D
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Cris, such good news, hope Mum and babe doing well now.

Is that the lot? Are there any more to come? I've lost count of how many were due.

Annie
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Crikey Cris ... they pick their times don't they :roll: :roll: :roll:

couldn't she have picked a quiet day for you instead of your busiest and hurtiests (if that is a word :? maybe I just made it up :wink: )

thanks for the photos - loved how all the othres came over to look.

great big hugs and please look after yourself now !!!!!

wonky xxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Cris sorry I have not been on for a couple of days.....what brilliant new to come back to...bet you are shattered but happy.
    You try and rest...how many more are ther to come :):)
    you take care
    love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Hi Cris isnt he lovely, looks like Rowan has taken a shine to his half brother :D Hope you managed to get some sleep. Thankyou for the pics.

Love Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Hiya Cris - thanks so much for the photos. I don't know how you do it all, I really don't!

He's gaw-juss!!! That's quite a gang you have now - I'll bet they have a great time together!

I do hope you manage to get some rest - feeling zombied is not nice!

Take care,

Lois x
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Sharon,

They all send baaaas, woofs, meows, neighs, clucks and quacks back. Wonder what Diddley will make of ducks? They like bread :D

Shed loads of bubbles and ((( )))'s to you all. xxxxx

Hi Joan,

You are most welcome flower xx

Hi Elizabeth,

Rowan is fascinated :wink: When Sweet Pea becomes less worried he and Rowan will bond as they will be at the stallions field together for a month.

hey Primmy comes back wednesday :D:D:D Bet she has grown an also missed her cuddles..... I know I have xx

Hi Toni,
    Oh glad she is happy and he is a nice chap for sure but Sweet Pea.... now she is a wonderful mum she really is. She is tolerating me to inside 6 feet but then I get warned off less I got a carrot :wink: xx

Hi Jean,

Oh he is.... bit weak still and I think he was premature actually. Front legs are straighting but his back ones though better are still very weak...... Give him a week but he is stronger on his legs tonight so :D Hope your doing ok? x

Hi Annie,

Ah last one :D There will be 5 next year and he seems to like them foaling here.... well its a calm place really and the owner has another mare with a foal at foot and she will be here soon. Next may will be a busy month! :lol::lol::lol: Hope your ok? xx

Hi Wonky,

I know she really did hit me on a bad day ....... It was a long night as he has a bit of weakness in the leg department and in the end I lifted and held him up... see what the owner gets for his rent.... built in moron :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They say most foal between 12 and 4am and I think that's true..... only 1 that I have known foaled in daylight and that was Owns and her lad Boris from last year.

Slurps and ((( ))) a very tired Cris xx

This is long enough I will be straight back :wink: xx
  • skezier
    Options
    HI Barbara,

Nice to see you :D He is the last hank fully cus I don't think I could do another night for a while..... :lol::lol: Oh the visitors have been in quite bit and are lovely :D xx

Hi Babycham,

Thank you so much for suggesting the name Bracken cs he is now Bracken for sure :D:D:D It sort of suits him.

He is white with brown on his face, a bit on his shoulder, some on his flank and bum.... and on the top of his bum is a splodge of brown dead center. he is lovely but still bit wobbly... he is getting there but said he isn't sure what these long things on the end of his trunk are for :wink:

The ,more I thought abut it the more I knew he was a Bracken so thank you again ((( ))) and a hope your had a reasonable day. Cris xx

Hi Julie,

Rowan loves everything just now :wink: H is totally fascinated with his half brother... who will also be one nice lad :D I have got to help find homes for these 2 come the end of the year. Be nice to find good ones and will do my best for them. Hope your ok? xx

Hi Lois,

A big pat for Nevile (I love his name) and a hope he is behaving and not getting more hoof problems? I too in a horse a long time ago and he had graverling... we used an animalintex and silage tape for a poultice :wink:

Soon there will be all the mares here I think... 5 foals as the owner has just got a mare with foal at foot......

You take care and a ((( ))) xx

Hi Jan,

He is lovely and how is the booties for the sheep coming on? ((( ))) xx

You know i am so tired I really am but everytime I see them I feel a big smile coming and she and he are worth the pain and zombie feeling but it was mtx night last night and that's not helped re tiredness :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Off out with a camera now... unusual eh?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: