kettle upstairs .... any ideas for milk?

Options
2»

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wonky

I find M-rv-l skimmed/powdered milk the best one - although it's better for tea than coffee I think..

I keep a travel kettle, tea bags etc, in the bedroom with a supply of Sp-ci-al K bars .. I might ask Father Christmas to bring me the latest model of the 'Teasmade' - I've seen one in JL for about £35 - and it's nice and neat (gosh - can't believe I have just said that - I used to think of them as being something you see in a Hercule Poirot episode!!)

Best wishes

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Marion, does the teasmade keep the milk chilled until you need it ...?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Oh - not sure Speedy - I always use powdered milk anyway now - I don't like the 'liquid' milk!!

M
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Marion,

thanks for that ...... you did make me smile about the teasmade :wink::lol::lol:

I've got some milk sticks to try - not sure they are finger friendly as they are squashy :roll: so if you see me covered in milk you'll know why :wink::lol: :oops: :lol:

I'll try the powder too - have a supermarket cheap one in for bread making so will try and experiment with that too.

thanks everyone for your replies

hugs
    WOnky xxxx
  • dolittle
    dolittle Member Posts: 240
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    Milk 'jiggers' ... Have a look at this link

link removed by Mod (ECM) due to the promotion of commercial products.

Had a good laugh about the goat .... my OH said "No, definitely, No!" He' not too keen on having a bath with a goat looking on!

Hope you find a solution soon.
    Do
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Had a good laugh about the goat .... my OH said "No, definitely, No!" He' not too keen on having a bath with a goat looking on!

Hope you find a solution soon.
    Do[/quote]

Oh Do

You have to watch goats - don't they eat things they shouldn't?? :shock: :shock:

OH might be wise :wink:

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Wonky,
    Sorry havent read through all the answers and knowing this site they waill have given you loads of answers LOL
    My daughter was boarding for a short time in a house and her room was at the top of the house....doesnt have arthur but everytime she wanted a coffee she had to go downstairs to make it and then take it up.
    She bought a small fridge from argos and it was quite cheap...would need to be...she's always stoney broke LOL....She is now in a house with 2 other girls and its coming in handy because they havent got a fridge there...so all the milk and chocolate bars are shoved in there...shes got her priorities right LOL....they are gettin g a fridge {proper one} at the weekend
    Love
    Hileena
  • kevlar
    kevlar Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi WL
    have you ever tried soya milk?

I use the sweetened long life version, and I prefer it to cows milk.

It does taste a bit different so you might not like it, my OH is not keen but I love it. And it lasts for ages, without being in a fridge, so would solve your problem.

Definately a better option than the goat.