MRI RESULTS

Options
rosyred
rosyred Member Posts: 150
edited 2. Jul 2010, 15:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had my MRI on monday and today have had a letter with apointment for next tues to see consultant to review them!!

Thought wow that was quick. But im now worried have to worry all weekend b4 i see him. :cry:

I no i should be saying yea got results so quick now lets see whats what. but im not.. wish i could just pick up the phone and say hey give it to me :wink:

Oh well bring on next week and lets see if the igorant **** has any nice news for me this time !!!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You don't have to worry at all. The results are what they are and worrying won't change them. It's good that they've come thro so quickly, so, in the meantime, enjoy the good weather, try to relax and let us know the outcome next week. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rosyred
    Options
    What i mean is he was very rude to me last time and i really dont want to cry in front of him... he made me feel like i was wasting his time as my xray dident show OA....

And also my wrists are getting worse and my knees and ankles are so painful atm all i want to do is shut the sun shine out and be alone.

Also i was talking t hubby and said babe its not all in my head is it? cause thats how he made me feel and hubby said babe there is something wrong with ur knees and wrists. dont worry about him worry about me what am i gunna do making ur wrists hurt like that :wink::wink::wink: . Bit of a joker is he lol

sorry for going on and on and on but i just wanna cry and writing this somewhat helps me get it all out my system. xx

Huggles to u all Alli xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    If there is inflammation causing the pain it will show. If it isn't inflammation then it may show something else. If neither is the case, then another route will have to be taken. Have you kept a diary of symptoms? That could show patterns of pain, or causes and effect, eg 20 minutes ironing leads to hours of discomfort. Is the pain worse at night or in the morning? Does walking aggravate it or standing still? Can you kneel or not? All these things build a picture of what is happening. If you haven't kept a record perhaps now is a good time to set something down in black and white.

Worrying will not change the outcome, it will only add to your anxiety, which in turn makes things worse. Fret about the things you can change. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi Rosy

I am glad your results are in.

I will be thinking of you MASSSIVELY on appointment day.

Please dont cry, but I undertsand you feel like it - you might actually be vinicated (is that the word I mean?)

You are taking hubby with YOU?

Hope you will be able to enjoy your weekend - the weather is lovely :)

Take care

Love

Toni xx
  • moongazer
    moongazer Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Please don't cry. Waiting for results whilst in pain is stressful enough without the worry of the attitude of your consultant. With a bit of luck the scan results will show something this time so that you can move forward with any treatment you might need and get a bit of relief. Sometimes it can take a bit of time to track things down. Hubby sounds like a good 'un and very supportive - just what u need.

Thinking of you

Moongazer
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Rosyred

Try to put it out of your mind until next week. I felt as you did last year waiting for the results of a breast biopsy. My GP kept telling me for years that I was too young to have a TKR and only sent me for further xrays when I limped into surgery on crutches. She was very surprised at the xray results as they showed serious deterioration of both knees. They don't always get it right and it maddens me when medical professionals are rude to their patients.

I hope it all goes well for you so they can treat you accordingly.

Take care.
    Sharmaine
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Rosered,

that is great that the results have come through so quick. Whatever the results show they will help the medics work out what is/isn't going and even if they lead to more tests - you need an accurate diagnosis for the treatment to work.

Keep yourself busy and your appointment will soon be here. Prepare yourself for it and then push it firmly to the back of your mind - so write down any thing you want to say/ask etc take any notes of symptoms you need to discuss and arrange for someone to go with you.

Let us know how you get on.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, When I had my MRI on my neck it was done quickly and the consultant saw me within 2 weeks to discuss them. Mine showed OA and a trapped nerve. MRI results are instant, but it may take a week or so for the doctor to examine them. Try not to worry too much :wink: I had a bloody awful consultant then, but he's left now!
    Love Sue
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Rosy

I'm pleased that you will get the results so soon - that's great..

Try not to worry about the consultant - perhaps he was having an 'off day' when you last saw him and in any case I am sure he will behave himself if you take your OH with you..

Please do let us know how you get on.

Marion
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Rosyred,
    Glad you got the results so soon {or at least they are through} As others have said....worrying wont change the results...I know thats not helpful but it is true.
    At least they will have found something this time and you will get treatment [different treatment] for it.
    Think....... a little while ago you were worrying aboiut the MRI itself and now thats over and done.
    Let us know what happens / how it goes....will be thinking of you

Love
    Hileena
  • rosyred
    Options
    Thk you allfor ur replys and support.
    Yes this time hubby coming with me and also i ahve started as u have all sugested to log it down... Tonight how ever im in agony had the grankids over to play in pool while mummy and daddy cooked me dinner. :lol:
    how ever im shattered now and heading to bed good night all and sweet dreams x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hope you have a good nights sleep Rosyred

Love

Hileena
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Good Morning RosyRed!

Did you get a good night's sleep?

Try to take the positive out of this - you will know the results quicker which can only be a good thing as you can start treatment quicker.

Hope you are feeling more chilled out today but remember if you feel like a cry then just have a wee cry then pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with the rest of the day.

Hope the pain has subsided a bit for you and remember that treatment for whatever they have found is just a few days away.
    Keep us updated, Carol :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    Options
    Hi Rose

Hoping you are feeling more yourself today?

and that you did get some sleep.

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Rosy,

Its always worrying not matter when your due the results s don't be too hard on your self for that bit.

I agree take someone with as they do behave better if your not alone.

You try and have a good week end and hopefully the consultant will be in a good mood, be helpful and have good news as well. Fingers crossed for you and let us know please. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope you've recovered from that busy day - nice to have your dinner cooked tho! Glad you've made some notes, I've been thinking of you and wishing you well. Keep strong. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Still thinking of you. DD
  • rosyred
    Options
    Thk you DD... and everyone else..

The weekend has gone by so fast with friends and family popping in and using the pool well.
    Today how ever my poor bones are hurting and aching so much from prob not resting up...

How ever not long now and i will no what ever the out come i am blessed to have such a wonderfull family and friends behind me including urself here..
    Hope everyone else is dpoing ok with the heat :lol:

LOve n hugs Allix
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Rose, today then definitely is a day for relaxing and resting those bones - a bit of a read and a snooze in the shade ... focus your thoughts on the fun you had yesterday.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Rosyred ...Just to let you know that I'm thinking about you.
    As Speedy says....rest today LOL ...do we ever take advice LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Just popping in to wish you well for tomorrow. I sincerely hope that you get some answers to all your questions: it does help to know what one is facing. Please let us know how you get on - we do care. DD
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Rosy

Let us know how you get on tomorrow ..

all the best

Marion
  • rosyred
    Options
    Thk you all x

Yes of course i will let u all no... I did today however rang the hospital spoke to his sec and she wouldent give me the results only that Mr pozo needs to see me and explain the pics..so apointment at 2.30 tomorrow.

Will let u all no as soon as i get back ... :lol:

Thk you again for all being behind me. xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good luck. I will think hard at 2.30! DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Rosy,

hope appointment goes well, let us know how you get on.

Speedy