Roll on 2.30 Rosy :D

Thinking of you

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope it went well rosey and you were able to get your points across to them. Thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rosyred
    rosyred Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi everyone..

Well not much to report. :cry:
    I went in with my daughter and he sat us down and said well MRI shows OA but not operatable yet..
    Then went on to say i want u to go to the mineral hospital i will write to your doctor and if he wont send u come back to me and i will refure you :?
    Anyway as i shock his hand and thanked him He turned to me and said dont worry it isent cancer or a tumer :shock: never even thought that anyway.. Then said i do have a idea whats wrong as its in ur other joints.. I asked him to explain what he had just said to be told he couldent say anything.. Im only assumming that he has to gaurd his ****.
    Anyway i walked out burst into tears and have to wait again...
    I have swollen ankles my wrists are killing and my knees are throbing tonight . Just wondering now what the hell is wrong as i now no its not all in my head that there is something there :?
    thk you all very very much for all ur support as i waited and im sorry there is no out come as yet

Hugs Allixx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Alli, No wonder you are down. Mineral Hospital? Maybe they think you are short of something :!: It sounds as if he might be... tact for one thing.

This roundabout really takes it out of you. I hope your own Dr will be able to enlighten you more when he gets the report.

All can do is send you my support and hope tomorrow is a little better for you.

So glad you had your daughter with you.

Lv, Ix
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If the MRI shows OA then surely that's the answer. He hasn't been clear, has he? Sometimes these docs lose the ability to communicate effectively: I am sorry that nothing seems to be resolved. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh Ali,

why aren't they open with us?

OA and not operable yet - means not severe enough to put you through an op ... but at some point in the future you will be able to go down the surgery route. Decent pain management, anti inflams, physio etc are your armoury.

As to the thing about other joints and the mineral hospital?! :roll: He sounds like he is hedging his bets a bit, doesn't he ... As Ironic says, hopefully your GP will be enlighten you.

Take heart you ARE nearer to the diagnosis and treatment programme for you ... just hang in there a little longer.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I'm sorry you had such a disappointing visit to the hospital. I've never heard of a Mineral Hospital, have you? I know some people get short of vitiumins and things with arther, maybe thats what it is. Take care and try not to worry too much.]
    Love Sue
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Awww I'm sorry it wasnt a suicessful appointment or left you intears.
    OA and not operable yet just means that you have OA and its not bad enough yet for surgery/replacements whatever. There are loads of painkillers/anti inflammatories and will control it and i'm sure your GP will be a bigger help to you than he was...let us know what the GP says
    Love
    Hileena
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    One thing xrays and MRI scans can't show is pain my consultant says they can tell a lot from xrays etc but only you can tell them what the pain is like.Suggestions of a diary are great and it's never too late to start
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Hi Alli

Glad you at least know it is REAL and you must feel better for that.

I hope your own GP will be able to explain it all in more detail and you will surely feel more able to ask questions ther too.

I hope you are feeling ok with the news now it has sunk in?

You know we are all here to support you.

Love

Toni xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Rosy

Sorry your MRI results have only raised more concerns and questions. Maybe they'll tell you more at the mineral hospital. I've never heard of a mineral hospital.

Write a list of questions to ask when you go for your appointment.

I know what you mean about arthur in more joints - I keep mentioning it to my GP and she keeps fobbing me off with it's probably OA.

Take care and try not to worry too much.

With regards
    SharmaineX
    rosyred wrote:
    Hi everyone..

Well not much to report. :cry:
    I went in with my daughter and he sat us down and said well MRI shows OA but not operatable yet..
    Then went on to say i want u to go to the mineral hospital i will write to your doctor and if he wont send u come back to me and i will refure you :?
    Anyway as i shock his hand and thanked him He turned to me and said dont worry it isent cancer or a tumer :shock: never even thought that anyway.. Then said i do have a idea whats wrong as its in ur other joints.. I asked him to explain what he had just said to be told he couldent say anything.. Im only assumming that he has to gaurd his ****.
    Anyway i walked out burst into tears and have to wait again...
    I have swollen ankles my wrists are killing and my knees are throbing tonight . Just wondering now what the hell is wrong as i now no its not all in my head that there is something there :?
    thk you all very very much for all ur support as i waited and im sorry there is no out come as yet

Hugs Allixx