Flat as a hedgehog on a busy road

moongazer
moongazer Member Posts: 67
edited 26. Jun 2010, 04:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi y'all

How can i get my mojo back and re-inflate ready for job interview. All suggestions greatly appreciated
Moongazer

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Think Mwa mwa means....

you dont want to catch anything off us :shock:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    How about thinking about what the job change may mean - more work satisfaction perhaps, more appreciation of you and what you can offer, more money? (always good), focus on those and how you need to present yourself. Plan the outfit, make-up and jewellry, polish your shoes, DON'T think about the health issues. Present yourself as you are inside, which is unchanged by arthritis. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • moongazer
    edited 27. Jun 2010, 18:10
  • moongazer
    edited 27. Jun 2010, 18:12
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    How about thinking about what the job change may mean - more work satisfaction perhaps, more appreciation of you and what you can offer, more money? (always good), focus on those and how you need to present yourself. Plan the outfit, make-up and jewellry, polish your shoes, DON'T think about the health issues. Present yourself as you are inside, which is unchanged by arthritis. DD

Thanks Dreamdaisy, you're right.

Just had some really good news - blood tests normal

Moongazer
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    OK - so now whilst feeling postive (due to blood tests results) plan for interview - make some lists (I love lists!!) and notes and then firmly put it out of your head for the weekend. Time to destress and pamper ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    Not distress or hamper then Speedy....?
  • dreamdaisy
    :lol: DD
  • frogmorton
    delboy wrote:
    moongazer wrote:
    Hi y'all

How can i get my mojo back and re-inflate ready for job interview on Wed. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Grasp you ankles, insert biocycle pump ....

No DEL!!!!!!!

NO - not the pump again - she's nEW!!!! :shock: :roll:
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    There's some good advice on here. I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK, I'm sure you'll be fab. And don't forget to tell us how it went.

Nx
  • moongazer
    delboy wrote:
    moongazer wrote:
    Hi y'all

How can i get my mojo back and re-inflate ready for job interview on Wed. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Grasp you ankles, insert biocycle pump ....

You Trotters are all the same! I will get my biocycle pump out of the fish tank and give it a go. It's good to multitask with ordinary household implements. Saves money. Helps the environment. Gets your mojo back on track

Ta v much

Moongazer
  • moongazer
    To all the sensible posters on here, thankyou, I'll let you know what happens

Moongazer
  • dreamdaisy
    Us sensible ones are pretty dull tho - nice one delboy! DD
  • moongazer
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Us sensible ones are pretty dull tho - nice one delboy! DD

DD please do not encourage that delinquent delboy, I really don't think he needs it!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    firstly it normal for you to go through all these ups and downs we all have and you will get through it it takes a while to get your head around it all. you must feel it the right job for you or you would not have put in for it also you must feel deep down you can do it so stop getting in a state over it and think about what you are going to wear and say look them in the eye and let them see for them selves how great you are we will come in your pocket will make a change from hospital visits lol val
    val
  • moongazer
    edited 27. Jun 2010, 18:14
    Hi Pixy
    I would love to get the job. Today I took 2 paracetamol - it felt like it had no effect.
    I sympathise with you, with children you have to get up and go. Get on with it, business as usual.
    I'm glad that your new job suits you better, long may it continue. I wish you all the best

Moongazer
  • moongazer
    edited 27. Jun 2010, 18:15
    valval wrote:
    firstly it normal for you to go through all these ups and downs we all have and you will get through it it takes a while to get your head around it all. you must feel it the right job for you or you would not have put in for it also you must feel deep down you can do it so stop getting in a state over it and think about what you are going to wear and say look them in the eye and let them see for them selves how great you are we will come in your pocket will make a change from hospital visits lol val

Hi Valval
    I feel I have gone physically downhill since I applied for job a few weeks ago. Knowing its not going to go away doesn't help, when I went to see GP I thought it was due to something else.

On a positive note I am glad you will be in my pocket.

Moongazer
  • valval
    moongazer wrote:
    valval wrote:

Hi Valval
    I feel I have gone physically downhill since I applied for job a few weeks ago, I have more pain and am more uncomfortable generally. Knowing its not going to go away doesn't help, when I went to see GP I thought it was due to something else. Such is life but I ain't happy about it.

On a positive note I am glad you will be in my pocket, and am determined to get this bl***y job.

Moongazer

i know where you are coming from this time last year was sure would not be able to work by now but if take meds doing great it only when forget that have probs. we will be sending loads of positive thought your way good luck but you do not need it you will do great val
    val
  • moongazer
    i know where you are coming from this time last year was sure would not be able to work by now but if take meds doing great it only when forget that have probs. we will be sending loads of positive thought your way good luck but you do not need it you will do great val[/quote]

Thanks Valval - I'm glad to hear that meds can have such a good effect and that you're able to continue with your job. Normality seems really important.

Moongazer
  • valval
    moongazer wrote:
    i know where you are coming from this time last year was sure would not be able to work by now but if take meds doing great it only when forget that have probs. we will be sending loads of positive thought your way good luck but you do not need it you will do great val

Thanks Valval - I'm glad to hear that meds can have such a good effect and that you're able to continue with your job. Normality seems really important.

Moongazer[/quote]

you will get there but positive attitude very important you have us and we will all help you all we can a good laugh does help some times threads might seem strange but we need to have a laugh try to avoid stress it does make things worse val
    val
  • moongazer
    I agree, there are some queer folk on here, please don't tell anyone I said so - don't want to be sent to Coventry already
  • valval
    moongazer wrote:
    I agree, there are some queer folk on here, please don't tell anyone I said so - don't want to be sent to Coventry already

they a great bunch have helped me through some tough times love them all val
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hello Moongazer,

Just to wish you luck for Wednesday. I work part time 4 days a week. I have a wee nap after tea most nights but thats ok.
    Will send you some good vibes to keep you going,

Lv, Ix
  • moongazer
    edited 27. Jun 2010, 18:17
    ironic wrote:
    Hello Moongazer,

Just to wish you luck for Wednesday. I work part time 4 days a week. I have a wee nap after tea most nights but thats ok.
    Will send you some good vibes to keep you going,

Lv, Ix

Thanks ironic, It's good to know that others work with arther; it's do-able and ok.

Moongazer
  • dreamdaisy
    Diagnosis of any form of arthritis is a severe blow. It calls everything into question, everything you ever knew about yourself is suddenly different. I'm one of the lucky ones - I have been on constant medication since the age of six, so I know no different. I'll swallow it, sniff it, inject it, rub it in, anything to help. But for someone who is new to all of this - it must be tough.

Paracetamol just isn't up to the job, really. That's a painkiller for those who stub their toes, or have slightly pulled a muscle and CAN'T MOVE FOR THE AGONY! (God forbid they should ever have any real pain.) You do need to chat to your doc about pain relief: start keeping a diary noting when it's reasonable, when it's bad, what triggers it, because then you may begin to discover patterns of events and that helps you deal with things. Everyone's tolerance levels are different, but effective pain relief means that you can keep doing stuff you like, perhaps not quite as much of it, but you can.

One thing arthritis should not change is the person you are inside. If it does, then you have lost the battle. Don't let that happen, moongazer. You're too sparky for that. DD
  • moongazer
    Knowing what it is not to have arthritis, I am sorry that you have had it all your life. You are right, to start off with it as a youngster is different, you accept it, but looking at you with my adult eyes i just think Oh my God. That must've been very tough at times and frustrating too. As a newbie it is hard but I am v lucky in having found you lot and having v kind supportive OH and two great kids. I am looking forward to seeing consultant next week and getting clarity on a lot of things, I have so many questions.

I never realised just how rubbish paracetamol is. Is ibuprofen any better. Do you know of any over the counter stuff that works?

You are so wise and always give good advice, I will keep diary.

Moongazer