not much luck :(

Options
loopylou
loopylou Member Posts: 175
edited 27. Jul 2010, 12:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
only a few more weeks until the summer hols which means i have very few weeks to apply for teaching assistant jobs and get interviews.
had an interview yesterday, the only one i've had so far despite filling out loads of application forms.
it went well but my lack of experience of working with junior children meant not getting the job.
really hope to get more interviews in the next few weeks, i'm determined i'm not going to still be at the schools out club in september!
feeling a bit down about it all. feel like i'm not getting anywhere, i need a better job please someone give me a break!!!!!!!
Just keep plodding along singing a song

Comments

• moongazer
    moongazer Member Posts: 67
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Loopylou

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, you must be really disappointed. You were so close, take heart that it was only down to a lack of experience that prevented you from being successful, it's something you might be able to change by doing a bit of voluntary work if you can fit it in. Term-time only jobs are always v desirable and lots of people apply so you did well to get an interview. Keep hunting.

Good Luck

Moongazer
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Loopylou,

what are you up to at the moment? Are you working? If not try and do a bit of volunteering - hearing readers, on trips or whatever (not easy with the whole CRB thing) but worth looking into ... still a few weeks of term to go - and class teachers are beginning to feel jaded at this time of year and are still faced with sports days, parent evenings, transition etc - most would jump at the chance of an extra pair of hands in exchange for a reference!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi loopylou
    Just to wish you luck on findind a job, I am sure with your determination it wont be long.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The fact you didn't get this one means there's a better one for you out there. You'll find it. I don't know where or when, but you will. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    That's true Loop

You DID do well to even gte an interveiw really.

And as DD says - maybe there is something BETTER waiting just for YOU :)

Love

Toni xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Sorry to hear you didn't get the job, Loopy. But I'm sure you'll get something soon because you're being proactive and actually applying rather than just sitting on your bottom moaning about not having a job.

Nx :)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    find a school near you and ask to volentear they might keep you on and pay you once they see how good you are and if not you will have experiance a foot in the door helps val
    val
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    it wasnt meant to be...the ideal one will come up....the interview was good practise for the job you are going to get, all the best.
  • loopylou
    Options
    thanks everyone, i do have a job at the moment. i work at a schools out club so its before school after school and holidays, but its not enough money and i'm spending a lot of time driving back and forth as i obviously don't work between 9 and 2:30 as the children are in school!
    i've also been there for 5 yrs and want a change.
    only a few more wks to go i so hope i find somewhere i really don't want to still be at the schools out club in sept!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I sincerely hope you find something - I will keep my fingers crossed, even tho it hurts! DD
  • loopylou
    Options
    aww thats sweet of you DD! don't do youself damage though! sat at the moment looking for vacancies online!
  • loopylou
    Options
    :( had another interview on tues again didn't get the job, this time i was told they were very happy with my answers but thought i was more suited to working with older children. it was for nursery nurse which i would have loved. its with nursery/infants that i want to work.
    one more week left before the hols, not looking good now :(
    get the feeling i'm gonna b stuck at the schools out club in sept!
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Loopylou

Sorry you haven't been successful as yet, but don't give up. I would echo what others have said, and try to get more experience of working with younger children by volunteering. My daughter had been out of teaching for 7 years, bringing up her children, but she worked on a voluntary basis in a school for a year. Then a teacher retired, and she got the job.

Good luck :!: :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hi Loopy :D

You sound to be doing well at interveiw then...

Just need more jobs advertised. Those schoolish jobs are gold-dust arent they?

Is there a part time course you could do - taht might give you the eedg??

Love

Toni xx
  • loopylou
    Options
    thanks guys.

i already work with young children, i work at a schools out club and we work with children 3-14. i would love to do a part time course in the evenings but they all cost a lot of money and i have a bit of a distinct lack of that.

got an interview on thurs so here's hoping i get that

wow just go off the phone i've just had a call for another interview on wed :) its in the morning so don't need to have time off work yey and it only take an hr to get there from work so wil be able to make it on time aswell.

so got two chances now for a job fingers crossed!

lou
    -x-
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Good luck Lou
    for weds and thurs, well done on getting two interviews in the last week of school :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    GOOD LUCK Lou
    really hope you get the job...well one of them..let us know how you get on.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • loopylou
    Options
    thanks guys.
    I'm pinning my hopes on getting one of these jobs!
    I will definately let you know how i get on.
    Lou
    -x-
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    GOOD LUCK, LOU :!: :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You go girl! Show 'em what you're made of! Good luck, let's hope good news will be in the offing. DD
  • loopylou
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You go girl! Show 'em what you're made of! Good luck, let's hope good news will be in the offing. DD

glad you didn't try to cross your fingers for me again, wouldn't want to cause you any pain DD

lou
    -x-
  • loopylou
    Options
    well went to my interview today. was 10 mins late as took a wrong turning and got a bit lost. annoyingly enough it was just one turn about 2 mins drive away from the school that i went the wrong way on. they were good about it though.
    The interview went well it was very informal more like a chat really.
    It was a one to one job in a nursery with a child with downs syndrome.
    I didn't get the job, they said they were very pleased with me and to look out for any jobs at the school in the future as I would definately get an interview for it but they went with someone that had more experience of working with a child with downs syndrome.
    Got my interview tomorrow so here's hoping I get that one!
    got to pull a sickie with work though as supposed to be working and no-one knows I'm looking for a new job.
    Got to hope it will be worth it and I get the job!
    lou
    -x-
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Sorry about today, but good luck for tomorrow: you never know, this could be the one! DD
  • loopylou
    Options
    well been to my interview today, the job sounds a lot different to the others as this one was to work with a childrens centre. it was in the middle of nowhere! I was going down a very narrow road at one point it was supposed to be speed limit but there was no way i was going to go more than 30 it was a very winding road with hills on both sides when the ad said middle of the peak district they weren't kidding!!!
    won't hear from this one til next week. will let you all know how i do!
    lou
    -x-
  • loopylou
    Options
    well got a call and again no luck so still stuck at the schools out club in sept. I have an interview in sept but not til 3 wks in. here's hoping I get the job!