not much luck :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sorry you didn't have better news ..... but remember that getting an interview these days means that they think you are pretty employable .... with so many people to choose from .....so I am sure there will be a job out there that is just right for you.

hugs
    Wonky
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Options
    thank you wonky.
    i'm just feeling a bit deflated today, my plan hasn't gone how i wanted it to. i wanted this summer to be the last holiday i work at the schools out club but alas its not to be. the other problem is that the workmate i told about having interviews has let it be known with another member of staff and so i was questioned about it, i pulled a sickie last week so i could go to an interview so when questioned i denied all knowledge but now if i ever manage to get another job i dread that being used against me plus the written warning i received in the post yesterday. things are not going well work wise :(
    heres hoping my luck will change
    lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lou,

Its hard now a days cus there are so many people after the same job but your turn will come! I really do hope it does change for you and sending you a bucket of luck change draft. Hope it will go in your favour next time. Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    lou keep going you will get there in the end good luck from me val
    val
  • loopylou
    Options
    thanks guys.
    I really hope the bucket of luck works for me cris!
    lou
    -x-
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Golden rule no.1: never, ever tell anyone you work with what you are doing about getting another job. Don't break that rule again!

The right job is out there for you loopylou, it will just take some finding. There is often a last-minute panic at schools come the end of the summer hols, and I am sure something will turn up for you. Now the cat is nout of the bag, so to speak, it's probably best to be open with your current employers, so that if you genuinely need a sick day they don't think you are off pursuing other options.

Hang on in there, loopy - at least you have a job, no matter how much you might dislike it - and it's easier to find employment from employment. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Its a hard old business Lou but keep trying and another bucket of luck change winging its way to you. I also agree with DD ... Never tell the people you work with your going for an interview.... When it comes to that kind of thing trust is an issue...... Finger crossed for you as well. Cris x
  • loopylou
    Options
    thanks DD and cris

I thought I could trust her I'm really close with her but seems I can't.

Thanks for all the luck your sending my way. i so need it!

lou
    -x-