Options
13»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gigi

Welcome to the forum. My, you found an ancient thread to repy to, didn't you? - 2010!!

Definitely not good wearing those stockings anytime post op, let alone this weather. I would be inclined if it were me to leave them off, at least at night. It must be unbearable especially today. Mind you the other days have been so hot too. Surgeons have different ideas about wearing these stockings, once home. If it were me I would probably go in the shower with them on to cool down and let the dry on me. ;) How much longer have you been told to wear them? Good to hear all is progressing well. I have had two total knee replacements, one in 2008 ad the other in 2010.

Look after yourself

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, you poor thing having to wear those beasts in this weather. If it were me I would be soaking tea towels in cold water and laying them over my legs to help me cool down (regardless of whether I should or not!) I hope that the knee is settling well and that you are doing OK with the exercises etc. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben