Good Luck Quietwaters with your THR on 22 July

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 28. Jul 2010, 10:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Jay

I see you have not been on the forum since the middle of May. I hope your holiday went well and you are ok.

You mentioned that you were going in for a THR on 22 July. I hope this is still the case and I wanted to send my best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope that you pop in and see this message.

Luv
Elna x
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wow Elna you have a great memory.

Jay,
    Wishing you well from me to. If you log on let us know how you are doing.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww Elna
    How lovely of you to remember, I did PM jay a couple of months ago, and her THR was still on for the 22nd,
    Jay sending you lots of hugs ((((((())))) I know you where has scared has I am, we are all here for you, please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Jay

All the best - you will be fine - I am now 10 weeks post THR and wish I had had it done 12 months ago!

Barbara - I have left you a message on one of the other threads - think it was the 'chit-chat'one...

Marion
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Sorry Barbara - it's on the 'Helpline' thread

Marion
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Good Luck Jay

Hope all goes well for you.

Love Kath x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hello Jay :D

hoping that your op goes well and that you have plenty of help at home for when you come out. :wink:

please let us know how you are... we're missing you :!:

ots of love and (((hugs))),

Iris xxxx.

..and thanks Elna for remembering the date of Jay's op. :wink:
  • lola9755
    lola9755 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Ive just got a provisional date for my THR, Friday 13th August . Hope yours goes well, and good luck

tricia
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    Options
    Hi Quietwaters

Good luck from me :D:D

Hope it all goes welll and that you have a speedy recovery

Love

Toni xx
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    How the heck can you guys remember things? I barely remember my name sometimes with all the meds! haha :lol:

Good luck Jay!

Lots of positive thoughts.
    Carol
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Jay

Good luck from me too! I hope it all goes well for you on Thursday.

Sharmaine

elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Jay

I see you have not been on the forum since the middle of May. I hope your holiday went well and you are ok.

You mentioned that you were going in for a THR on 22 July. I hope this is still the case and I wanted to send my best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope that you pop in and see this message.

Luv
    Elna x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jay,

Good luck for the 22nd. Will be thinking of you.

Lv, Ix
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    adding my best wishes to all of those above.

hope all goes well for you.
    wonky
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope it's going to happen - life enhancing or what? Good luck. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hope all goes well for you on the 22nd xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,950
    Options
    Hi Jay.
    all the best for tomorrow.
    dont worry it will all go well.
    you enjoy and have a good rest.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • quietwaters
    quietwaters Member Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm absolutely overwhelmed! Thank you all so much for your good wishes. And Elna, I wish I had your memory. I'm sorry I havent been on here for so long, but time flies and....... well you know how it is.

I don't know what made me pop on here today, I guess I was just looking for courage, and you lovely people have all certainly helped me.

I got up at 6am because I've to have nothing to eat or drink after 8am today, and I wanted to get in my 2 cups of tea, lol. I'm not having breakfast, I dont usually eat till about 10.30 anyway, so not really hungry.

I have to be at the hospital for 1pm so I think the op will probably be about 2pm ish, not sure.

I'm a bit nervous but am sure everything will be ok. Not looking forward to all the malarky afterwards, sleeping on back, not bending etc etc.

I can't thank you all enough for all the help and advice everyone has given. I will be back after the op to have a good old moan about the awful stockings, the sleeping (or not), not being able to this, that and everything. When will I be able to have a shower, wash my hair etc ???? We have a shower over the bath so not sure about stepping over :?

Thank you everyone. Will be back soon.
    Love (a very nervous) Jay x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jay
    I am so glad you have popped in to see all this support, we will be thinking about you, and waiting to here all about it when you are ready.
    Good Luck with everything
    Love and hugs ((((((()))))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • quietwaters
    Options
    Thank you Barbara. I'm just pottering about keeping busy till time to go. Still need to hoover! but wont be doing that job for a while afterwards :D Hubbys having 2 weeks off work, using his hols up bless him. I've done a list of instructions for him while I'm in hospital, :lol:
    I'm just reading through other threads, trying to catch up on things, but I think it would take me a good few days, so will have plenty of time for that maybe next week or the week after.

Will speak to you soon.
    Love Jay x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Jay :)

So relieved that you called in and that you are ok. Of course you are nervous but that is to be expected.

So many people have had this op on here that you will get loads of help and advice on anything that you ask.

Looking forward to hearing from you post op. It will not be long until it is all over and you have your new hip to make friends with. :)

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • quietwaters
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Thank you. If it wasnt for the lovely people on here I dont think I would even be going ahead with it, but everyone is so possitive and say they wish they'd had it done years ago, so it thanks to them that I'm going for it. I just wish it was this time next week, then I'd be home already.
    I will be back afterwards asking for advice on everything.
    (I think my husband is more nervous than me, he's very quiet at the minute, lol).
    Speak to you all soon.
    Love Jay x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I envy you. Your future beckons, much less pain, more mobility, a chance to ditch the sticks and crutches. I have the wrong sort of arthritis so electric scooter here I come - watch out world! Good luck with it, there's nothing to fear, it can only do good. Hear from you again soon, and behave yourself in hospital. Dreamdaisy
  • quietwaters
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I envy you. Your future beckons, much less pain, more mobility, a chance to ditch the sticks and crutches. I have the wrong sort of arthritis so electric scooter here I come - watch out world! Good luck with it, there's nothing to fear, it can only do good. Hear from you again soon, and behave yourself in hospital. Dreamdaisy

thank you DD, and I'm so sorry you are having to now resort to an electric scooter, I only wish your type of arthritis was operable and you could get back to being able to do everything you want to do. I will be back some time after op, and I will try to behave in hospital, but not very hard :lol:
    take care, signing off now to do stuff.
    love Jay x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's in the future, but the future gets closer every day! We'll be thinking of you, I promise. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    So glad to see you posting again Jay :D

wishing you well for today and will be specially thinking of you at 1pm .... it will all be behind you before you know it and you'll be off home again :wink: lots of peeps here have had the same op and I'm sure can share their tips and experiences with you yo help you post op.

love and ((((hugs))) and healing thoughts for your recovery.
    ...and will be watching for news!

Iris xxxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    just popping in to wish you well for later soon be tomorrow xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx