Tomorrow Morning

Options
annie_mial
annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
edited 21. Jul 2010, 15:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
....is my private Rheumy appointment and I have been trying to conserve energy today to deal with it - I am a bit nervous!

If any of you are available I have a beautiful hessian tote bag I can take with me for you to ride in...........going to be warm here and it will be more comfortable than a pocket! Plenty of room for picnics.

I have all my notes ready to take and have wrung a copy of my NHS referral letter today from the Gorgon at the doctor's surgery - it is a good letter and I am pleased with it.

I'm afraid to have high hopes in case they come crashing down....is that a familiar feeling to anyone?

Annie

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Annie
    I will be there...and I will bring my now famous egg sarnies....Its normal to have high expectations, you have done the right thing going private rather them waiting, I really hope its goes well for you.
    I'm off to boil some eggs...don't want to leave it till morning might miss your pocket..bag.. whatever.
    Love Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i will be there got scotch eggs and cheese sandwiches also butterfly buns . stay positive we are with you all the way val
    val
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Annie I will be there in your bag, do you want me to take notes. I've got some jammie dodgers and some fresh orange juice.

Julie
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Glad to have you all with me...........Rehab, please don't let me see the cheesey wotsits or there won't be any left..............I'd be delighted for you to take notes Julie; the old memory isn't what it was.

Val, do mind the crumbs........bad enough in bed, but in shoes, ugh!

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Annie

I will bring sausage rolls also cheese rolls. They are like sausage rolls but have cheese in them.

Also Cherry tomatoes and then I will have a date and walnut cake

Trish xx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    i'll be with you too Annie.
    Barbara, save me some egg sarnies & no getting it into Annies hair. I got the blame when trish got egg in hers :roll:
    Val, i like scotch eggs & cheesy wotsits too.
    At this rate i wont need to do any tea when i get in, i'll be full as a piggy. :lol:
    Good luck for tomorrow.
    debs
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Barbara, I nearly missed your egg sarnies (how could anyone miss those?) just be careful and don't waft them under OH's nose - he will have your hand off for them!

Trish, cheese rolls? They sound like heaven to a cheese freak like me........tell me more about them.............

Annie
  • trisher
    Options
    Annie

Get some strong Chedder if you like it. Make up your pastry puff is best the roll out add the grated cheese roll up the pastry.

Put in the oven. Remember to close the ends otherwise the cheese will ooze out.

Hey They are very yummy
  • trisher
    Options
    Annie

I took my son to a private appointment because of him needing his tonsils out. There was a years wait for a hossy appointment.

So I took him privately. Went 9am the next day saw the same consultant. I told him how my son was continuingly getting sore throat and an ear infection. I asked lots of questions.

The place was nicely carpeted everyone was nice. He told me that they needed coming out now.

Then I asked him why I saw him quick because I paid for it. But you are the same Consultant my son was waiting to see and is waiting a year. Why???

I know it is different for you but ask all the questions you want answerd.
    You compare the difference.

By the way, my son went in a week later on the NHS

Trish xxxx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Hi Guys can I come too, not sure what I can do but willing to help. Can bring some yorkhire puddings!!????

Hope all goes well for you Annie xxx
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Yorkie puds, Brenda? Of course you can!

Trish, I am fixing my British stiff upper lip firmly in place and facing the morning with a smile............more of a grimace, really.

Will update you all tomorrow...............

Annie
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Wonky here .... reporting for pocket/bag duties ...... not sure what I need to bring (picnic seems well catered for already ..... maybe indigestion remedies :?: :lol: ) but count me in .............. and don't forget your list :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Annie

Count me in too :!: I hope it will all go well for you. Not much room in that tote bag now, but Fat Kev says I can sit on his knee.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Annie I will be there in your bag, do you want me to take notes. I've got some jammie dodgers and some fresh orange juice.

Julie

Julie

Jammie Dodgers? awwe I love them they are my favourite bikki's I will bring a flask and we can dunk them.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    just found some iced jems in cupboard will bring them as well and ready salted crisps annie am here ready and waiting sat here with my mug of tea so be carefull how you lift this bag better drink some more so will not slosh it all over val
    val
  • barbara12
    Options
    Good luck Annie...will be thinking about you
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    You are aware of course.....

that we can't go....????

Why not I hear you ask????

Jan isn't here and so we have no drawing pins :shock:

can't go anywhere without them can we/

Love a very alarmed Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Well, I can wait. It's quite comfy here on Fat Kev's knee :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Annie - I'm here too - late as always!
    Really good luck today. Will be thinking of you.
    Love Tilly x
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Hi all you lovely peeps................I am estatic!

We managed beautifully without the drawing pins, Toni, so no need to worry.........Joan, have you been swigging Fat Kev's lager? My knee was soaking wet!

That was the best appointment ever.............hubby has been laughing his head off.........he says he's never known anyone to be so estatic about discovering she has yet more problems! But if I know what I am dealing with I find it so much easier.

OK - probable diagnoses - RA, Fibro and Reynauds. RA and Reynauds don't surprise me, Fibro does. I thought I was seeing a woman, turned out to be a man. He's no Adonis, but was very gentle and caring and I prefer those to the Adonis bit in this situation.

He is transferring me to his NHS list and unbelievably he actually knows my previous Rheumy and is going to contact her. I will be sent details of various tests, X-ray and blood appointments for the things he wants done and will get those by the end of the week.

I cannot tell you all just how glad I was of the company (hubby thinks I'm mad, I was talking to you all in the car going over) and just how relieved and over-the-moon I am at the moment. Shortly practicality will break through, but I'm going to enjoy this euphoria while I've got it.

The best money I have ever spent!

Thanks to you all again

Annie
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Annie, thats great now you can get on & get treatment for the conditions. I know exactly how you feel.
    When i got the fibro dx i was so relieved to hear that all i was suffering from wasnt in my head. It took the pain clinic to dx me in a matter of minues & 18months of ryhmy clinic didnt pick up on it i was so :x

I was in your pocket but i only got 5hrs sleep the night before so i fell aspleep in th corner where i didnt get disturbed. I was a bit disappointed as i missed the egg sarnies :(

If you want to know anything about the Fibro just ask. I did a peice for Mell on LW if you havent got the leaflet on Fibro.
    Take care now
    debs
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Annie I am so pleased you have a result from this appointment. Now things should start to happen for the best. I do hope so,
    Ive just spent a lot of money getting my hair done so some things are definately worth spending a lot od cash on.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Private medicine is good, and sometimes the NHS can match it - but not very often! It's lovely to hear you so happy, the relief is flooding from your words. Yes, you've found out more than you expected but at least now you really know what you are up against. Why couldn't your current rheumatologist discover this? At least she will get a kick up her backside now! Are you going to see Mr Not-so-Handsome again? (You probably answered that in your post but I cannot remember.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    That's brilliane Annie - I'm really pleased for you.

Marion
  • barbara12
    Options
    Oh Annie I am so glad it went well for you, I know what you mean about the feeling you get when you have a good appointment.
    Debs there are some egg sarnies left if you want any...they are abit curles up at the edges though :)
    Love
    Barbara