Ooh a soak in the bath!!

Options
2»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cris - hey!! You are online again!! Yippee!! Good to hear from you.

Ok let me think about what I did.
      I was lying on my back in the bath - head and shoulders resting on the slope of the back of the bath. I bent/raised my knees a bit. Keeping my trunk, pelvis and legs in line and maintaining the gap between my knees I turned towards the non operated side and from that position I turned onto my hands and knees. I then got up onto my knees and used my arms on the bath sides to get to standing - (it puts less strain on your worse/newly operated leg if you raise the other knee first. If both legs are bad they recommend using both legs together - whether going down or up.) I then turned and sat on perching stool (positioned so facing the bath) and leant back on it as I lifted my legs out of the bath.

Shall be having another go tonight/tomorrow in my Sunday slot!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • holly_83
    holly_83 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi, I'm Holly, I'm 27, I'm a lone parent to my 4yr old son and I have Fibromyalgia. I have been a sufferer for about 14 months, but I have only recently been diagnosed.
    I seem to be in a lot of pain on a daily basis and life is a real struggle at the moment.
    I would like to talk with other Fibromyalgia sufferers and see if we can help each other.
    Holly :)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Holly and welcome. Sorry to read you have fibro. There are quite a lot of fellow sufferers on this forum and they will be in touch soon im sure.
    It is difficult to cope with small children so hope you are managing okay.
    Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • battingozzy
    battingozzy Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Well done!
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    It is something out of this world when one can have a bath after a hip op. I still cannot believe that I can have one. I have a bath hoist and some days I fill the bath as full as possible. Unfortunately, there is a hosepipe ban on at the moment, so feel a bit guilty. Cannot manage a shower but it is not the same :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hey Border dont feel guilty about your one bath :shock:

Theraputic they are aren't they?

You enjoy it - it is a small pleasure :)

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Border, I agree with Toni. Don't feel guilty about having a bath - lay in it for hours and think about your joints instead!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How come you lot don't get bored in the bath? I really think I'm missing something here. It's beyond me - and DD don't say that too often!
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    Options
    Well DD,

for me they are a treat - I don't have one every day - usually one (or if I'm lucky two) a week.

The water is lovely and warm and so my joints and muscles relax.

Sometimes I day dream/get lost in my thoughts - a real luxury for me.

Often I read a book - this too is a treat, as the only time I usually get to do this is bed time when I'm exhausted.

The bath is the one place where I am not interrrupted for a short while ... also bliss.

Still not tempted?? Well life would be dull if we all liked exactly the same things.

So now it it your turn, what are the attractions of a shower?

Speedy

PS don't your joints prefer ice to heat? Maybe that is another reason why baths don't work for you?
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    hi i just love my bath, its the only thing i found is a quick way of sorting out when i am really hurting, only trouble is i dont want to get out, and i keep adding more water, then the time comes i have to because i too hot, phew
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    A shower is quicker and more refreshing, and it's less painful. I hate the drying after tho - that's a tedious process, far too many nooks and crannies! Come to think of it, the whole of adult female life is a never-ending cycle of taking things out, making them dirty, cleaning them and putting them away, ready to be taken out again the next time. And that includes me! God, life is dull sometimes, isn't it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben