Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

welsh prescriptions

onedayoneday Posts: 1,650
edited 30. Jul 2010, 10:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
I got a prescription today (i live in England btw) but am thinking as i am visiting wales this weekend if i handed it into welsh chemist am i entitled to free prescription or do i have to live in Wales?

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Either way, you've paid for it. Would the Scots and the Welsh give us grants? I think mell has posted on a similar theme! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • onedayoneday Posts: 1,650
    DD, what? do i pay or not? i am prepared for good old slanging match in local chemist, only if i am right though!!
    p.s. new bag arrived, lovely....
    pps, i mean welsh chemist.
    you have to live in wales hun :wink: or we would all be nippin over the border every 6 weeks :lol:

just knew it!
    dread when son has to pay for his own too as just ordered 5 items for him tonight...off course things to help you breath arent essential are they?!! hes got asthma etc(you can tell i am v annoyed tonight...its the tax credits thats annoying me..this 2012 family income limit of 23,000 for 2 and you get nothing...then all these peeps on here with problems...feel v angry...was just hoping that i might save £7 or whatever it is now on a measly prescription for my poor back...oh well, at least i can have chance of working until i am 95 years old now,so no worries work till i kick the bucket..arrh...)
    Get a pre-payment certificate, it saves mega-bucks. I collected a prescription today which would have cost 8 x 7.20 - bit I have a pre-payment cert that costs circa £120 per annum, paid at £10.50 per month. They are a good thing. DD
    cheers. remember when prescriptions were about 70p or 5op for that matter. people cant help being ill, i think england shoud be free like wales, how could that ever be allowed to happen?
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,041 ✭✭✭
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Get a pre-payment certificate, it saves mega-bucks. I collected a prescription today which would have cost 8 x 7.20 - bit I have a pre-payment cert that costs circa £120 per annum, paid at £10.50 per month. They are a good thing. DD

I do it in one go (save up ready) and costs me £104 sooooo worth it :wink:

What would happen if you took it there though - to wales would they make you pay?? Or would they refuse to dispense it??

Just wondering...

Love

Toni xx

Oneday I am so sorry about your poor old back :(
    Love

Toni xxx
    touch wood back is okay. i got prescription because i am sure my tablets are running low so dont want to run out if needed.
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 26,041 ✭✭✭
    oneday wrote:
    touch wood back is okay. i got prescription because i am sure my tablets are running low so dont want to run out if needed.

Wise move though eh?

Hope it stays well for you

Love

Toni xx :D
    Love

Toni xxx
    I think one would have to live in Wales to qualify. Far worse than prescription fees is the prospect of paying the real cost of our drugs: that's terrifying! DD
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I think one would have to live in Wales to qualify. Far worse than prescription fees is the prospect of paying the real cost of our drugs: that's terrifying! DD

ssh...."they" havent thought of that stinger-yet! be quiet, ssh, v quiet....