Options
2»

Comments

• carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Fayrose

Just cottoned on to this thread. How's the atmosphere now?
    I am lucky with my boyfriend although in the beginning I had to educate him as 'cos he could only see the swellings he didn't fully understand.
    One night I sat him down and told him that I'll be getting worse and it'll be a long time until I get a bit better and did he understand that? That our social lives together would change etc. I told him that although it would devastate me, I would kind of understand if he wanted to fly away. He is my toyboy at 30yrs - I am 39yrs.
    His Mum also knows someone with similar illness which helped greatly when she sat him down too and told him all about it.
    I know I am a lucky lucky girl as boyfriend is amazing - he never liked my cooking anyway so he cooks and the deal is that I try to housework but he understands if it is substandard.
    As with everything from good relationships to good service in a restaurant ..... communication is the key however I know with some peeps it ccan be hard to establish!
    Good luck and hope you are smiling today.
    Carol x :lol:
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Forgot to say on my last post ......

DD you really make me laugh! I was taking my pills when reading your post and I nearly choked!

I wish I had known you in a few of my previous relationships as I could have put some of you handy tips into practice :lol::lol:

Carol
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

Ah, you are a great bunch and you have all helped me a lot. So thanks also to Julie, DD, lou, Toni and Carol for your further comments, reading about your experiences does help me feel less isolated.

Sadly I do get selfish at times and I have to shake myself and acknowledge that others have their problems too ..... OH has had cancer and has a prosthetic voice which I know is very frustrating for him in lots of ways. :?

Message to self - "Think of others too" :oops:

Thanks all

Fay x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having to go throughn this with your family...its bad enough with friends.......I got a lot more sympathy when I had a broken ankle and was in plaster than I do with this stupid INVISIBLE illness....I dont actually want sympathy...just understanding
    Love
    Hileena
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    ....I dont actually want sympathy...just understanding
    Love
    Hileena
    Oh how I agree with you Hileena :roll:

Fay x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Fay......its so true isnt it......if only people would realise our limitations...that we cant walk as far or as fast...or whatever your problem is {thats mine} and not expect me to do things that they do and I used to be able to do. I can cope OK with my own "coping mechanisms" so long as people dont have high expectations
    Love
    Hileena