lateral thinking anyone

Options
beowolf
beowolf Member Posts: 88
edited 19. Aug 2010, 03:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Does anyone like lateral thinking puzzles ? they always drive me nuts and then when I see how simple the solution is I want to kick myself :D

here goes

how far can you walk into a wood?

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    the middle after that you walking out
    val
  • beowolf
    beowolf Member Posts: 88
    Options
    ha

valval you are sooo good
  • valval
    Options
    ok do another one??
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    WELL!??
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    A man enters a bar and asks for a glass of water. The bartender draws a gun and shoots into the ceiling. The man thanks him and walks out. Why?
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    To answer P&F: lateral thinking is, to my mind, thinking 'sideways' to find a solution to a problem. You don't take the evidence presented to you at face value: we don't know that the man walking into the bar had hiccups, you are not told that bit, you have to work it out. Why would a barman shoot a gun? Perhaps to surprise someone or scare them, thus that leads to the thought that yon chappy would need scaring and he would need that because he had hiccups. It's tough, left-brained stuff and I'm rubbish at it. I have no idea why a man pushing a car would be bankrupt and near a hotel. Not a clue. The only one I ever got straight away was this:

A man walking into a field finds a carrot and two lumps of coal on the ground. Why? Go on, P&F, have a go at it! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    I blumin well got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I hope!)

Yes ME MELL!!!! Chris7 - look!!!

ME!!!!

The snow had melted!!!??

was it a snowman before??

Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    He had hiccups and the bartender thought to scare him out of them.

A man pushed his car. He stopped when he reached a hotel at which point he knew he was bankrupt. Why?

He was playing Monopoly

How could a baby fall out of a twenty-story building onto the ground and live?

There are six eggs in the basket. Six people each take one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Six eggs and basket don't know. even went to fridge got eggs out and tried to be six different julies. non left here :oops:

:? :? :? julie pf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Yaaaaay! Clever frogmorton! Oh joanlawson it's so OBVIOUS when you see the answer - Monopoly. Obvious. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I have no idea about the others. I look forward to the answers! DD
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

The baby fell out of a ground floor window

There are six eggs in the basket. Six people each take one of the eggs. How can it be that one egg is left in the basket?

The last person took the basket with the last egg still inside

Not just pretty faces on this forum are we? :D My turn for one - I've started something here at work now!

Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is John and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a lorry driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

Nx
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    How many shovel fulls in a big heap?
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I don't know! :oops: How many shovelsful in a big heap? I can't do nina's either. :( DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Nor me :(

Fort I was getting brainy too :( :oops:
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    ninakang wrote:

The baby fell out of a ground floor window

The last person took the basket with the last egg still inside

Not just pretty faces on this forum are we? :D My turn for one - I've started something here at work now!

Acting on an anonymous phone call, the police raid a house to arrest a suspected murderer. They don't know what he looks like but they know his name is John and that he is inside the house. The police bust in on a carpenter, a lorry driver, a mechanic and a fireman all playing poker. Without hesitation or communication of any kind, they immediately arrest the fireman. How do they know they've got their man?

Nx

Did he have his name on his uniform ? ..or is that too obvious??? CB
  • frogmorton
    Options
    I thought that too Cb - HE HE!!

Would the shovels be empty if they had put the stuff on a heAP??

lOVE

tONI XX
  • ninakang
    Options
    Ah, bless yer little cotton socks, CB and Toni!

The answer is that they were looking for a MAN and the rest of the poker players were all WIMMEN.

Nx :D

PS - don't know the shovels one!
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Hubby has one to contribute....

A man walks into a room that has no windows and turns on the light. He finds a man and woman with no clothes on and immediately knew it was Adam and Eve.

How?

A x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I know it will be so obvious when you put the answer: I do not have enough flexibility in my thinking. :cry: DD
  • ninakang
    Options
    The answer to that one - is it because the two people he found don't have belly buttons?

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    But how does the room and light fit in? Or doesn't that matter - red herrings? DD
  • valval
    Options
    ninakang wrote:

Nx

the rest were women????
    val
  • ninakang
    Options
    Val

The police are looking for a bloke named John - there's only one man playing poker in the house, the carpenter etc are all women :D

Nx

PS - someone PLEASE tell me the answer to the shovel fulls one!
  • valval
    Options
    none they not shovel fulls ones on the heap????
    val
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Hi guys,

Well done to Nina - Adam and Eve didn't have belly buttons!! :D :shock:

DD I am not sure about the red herrings, I am just the conduit in this case! (And as equally out of my element with these questions as you may be!)

A x