French phrases needed for Toni please.....

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 31. Aug 2010, 07:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All,

Well she has arrived and they are in the first stop over but she is having trouble getting them to understand she is a veggie so....

Does anyone know how to say I am a vegetarian in french?! Sh got an omelette for tonight but it seems she is having a bit of trouble getting them to understand.....

She said the crossing was calm enough... well its as well she didn't go from Plymouth then :roll: We seem to have gone into Autumn now with no summer and well hay will be shift again this year which I know will mean very little to most of you but.......

You all take care oh and Iris is home but not feeling so good so has tuned in for a bit. Cris now pigeoning to France as well a Scotland :wink: xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Cris
    I am so glad she has arrived safe, sorry I cant help with the french...have trouble with English :) I hope she can find a praise book soon.Has she gone on her own ( sorry not always up to date ) :roll: :)
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I like the thought of a praise book, tho hymns might not be the answer! Sorry barbara, couldn't help myself! :D

She could try 'Je suis une végétarienne.' That is yer actual French. Shall I text that to her? I will, I'll do it now. I've done it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've had a reply! Apparently she resorted to 'Je ne mange pas les animaux!' It is sunny there. SUNNY. I know some sweary French - good sweary French too, but I won't put it here. DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

She gone with her of and the 3 kids and they have sun..... She said she got a 'o' level and a cd....... :lol::lol: Bless her they traveling again tomorrow and will get down to southern France in a couple of days.

Like you I can't do English too well either :lol::lol::lol: xx

Hi DD,

Glad you did as I would have messed it up somehow I think..... She heading into 29 degrees..... Got a big wind and driving rain here and in a padded shirt... knew I should have snuck into her suit case :wink: xx

Hey DD i get by in sweary French :oops: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm shocked. You and sweary French? But more so by lashing rain and padded shirt. For God's sake (and everyone elses) stay dry and warm. Please. DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I like the thought of a praise book, tho hymns might not be the answer! Sorry barbara, couldn't help myself! :D

She could try 'Je suis une végétarienne.' That is yer actual French. Shall I text that to her? I will, I'll do it now. I've done it. DD
    said I didn't do English :roll: :oops: :oops: :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    Options
    Oh Barbara you and me both..... I didn't see it was wrong either :oops: :lol::lol::lol: ((( ))) xx

Oh DD i get by in swarey french, german and oddly enough Cantonese..... :shock: :shock:

Its really cold here, bowing a good 5-6 an raining like mad and I am off to put the sheeps to bed... got their clean sheets in the car and today... well today it started..... I just hope it does there to get home! :wink: xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    I know left and right if that is of help and the train also well I best not say that on here :shock:

Trish xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Cantonese? I thought you were Cornish skezier! DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Oh DD I am and can swear in Cornish as well :lol::lol::lol: I worked with a guy who's frat language was cantonese when I was a student :lol::lol::lol: Not sure it would help too much in China even in an area where it was spoken :lol::lol::lol:

Did you know that if you speak Cornish you can get by to a degree in the Flemish countries? xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    barbara12, please accept my apologies. I did not mean to upset you - I have PMed you too. It did make me laugh and that was my immediate response - I didn't think it through. I am very sorry. DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    barbara12, please accept my apologies. I did not mean to upset you - I have PMed you too. It did make me laugh and that was my immediate response - I didn't think it through. I am very sorry. DD
    why would you think I was upset.. :) glad you missed my other one :) :oops:
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Hey Barb...........LOL.........Much love.........Ange.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Cris,

I hope Toni does not lose weight whilst in France. They love to eat meat over there!

Je ne mange pas la viande.

I do not eat meat. This may sound better than not eating animals :lol:

If Toni eats fish

Je ne mange pas la viande mais je mange le poisson. (not pronounced like poison!!!!)

I do not eat meat but I eat fish

DD is right on the French, regarding I am a vegetarian.

Pleased Toni is there and coping ok! I am sure they will all have a great time.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    Options
    How clever is our Elna :):)
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    How clever is our Elna :):)
    Barbara xx

Yes just what I was thinking Well done elna. :D

juliepf X
  • elnafinn
    Options
    :wink::) I always have my French and German pocket dictionary to hand. :lol:

Thank you girls, may I have a gold star :lol:

Love
    Elna x (())
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've just re-read all this and skezier, I didn't know that odd fact about speaking Cornish. There must be some strong similarities between the two tongues I suppose. Do you know any Cornish? Is it the same thro'out Cornwall or are there regional variations?

Which Chinese is based on pitch? Is it Mandarin or Cantonese? I know they have one word for 'woman' but, depending on the pitch at which you say the word you can class a female as a girl, lady, woman, mistress or harlot. Not one to get wrong when you meet the boss' wife! DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Bless her I think she should have borrowed your phrase book :wink: I am impressed as well but I don't speak french at all so glad you and DD could help her. It crossed my mind that they wouldn't necessarily be used to veggies in France but that would be a stereotype thing and I haven't been to France since I was very young.

She has promised to tie the sun onto the van as they come home :wink: Hope your doing ok? ((( ))) Cris xx

Hi DD,

I know a bit of Cornish but its normal Cornish I know a few words of. There once was 3 types but it officially died out back along and thankfully the middle and working survived by the high is gone now. Its very like Breton (Celts see) and I wish I had learned better as a kid cus my Nan was a native speaker.

There is no actual swear words in Cornish but we used to hybrid words together cus that's what kids do eh?!

Oh DD the only Cantonese I 'know' could not help with the husbands work advancements :lol::lol::lol: Its a weird way to pronounce things and seems a very complicated language though ..... mind he used to say English was as well...... xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    My first thought Elna was give her a gold star.

There was one French sentence I knew off pat...Je ne vous comprendez pas. I used to say this to all the French toll people and they let me through.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth,

After saying I do not understand you, in French, you should have added, I am English! Je suis Anglais!! :lol:

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    :) I hope Toni has not had any trouble finding veggie food today. :D

Thanks for your message Cris, I am putting one foot in front of the other, thank you, which helps! :lol::lol: Hope you are coping ok. :)

Love
    Elna x

• skezier
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Hey I am putting one foot sideways to the other too much at the mo... might have to widen the doors :lol::lol::lol:

Hope you really are doing ok and Toni said to send you her love and thanks... she had pasta today and 29 degrees in sunshine.... am I jealous... you bet! :lol::lol: We have had gloom and rain all day here :wink:

Oh I hate to ask you but could you iron the sheeps dress for me please...... it is clean :wink: Love and anther ((( ))) Cris xx
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Why not say **** IT Donnez moi un bifteck Cuiller a point !!!!!!
  • elnafinn
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Elna,Oh I hate to ask you but could you iron the sheeps dress for me please...... it is clean :wink: Love and anther ((( ))) Cris xx

Hi Cris

You do make me laugh with your wit :lol::lol: it would give me the greatest pleasure to iron the sheeps dress for you. Bring it on :lol:

It is good to hear Toni is having good weather and able to enjoy veggie pasta.

Hugs
    Elna x