French phrases needed for Toni please.....

Options
2»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    Why not say Donnez moi un bifteck Cuiller a point !!!!!!

:) Enlighten us, what does that mean? "Give me a steak" ..... and then I get lost with the translation! Toni definitely does not want to eat steak!!

Take care
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    tonesp wrote:

:) Enlighten us, what does that mean? "Give me a steak" ..... and then I get lost with the translation! Toni definitely does not want to eat steak!!

Take care
    Elna x
    It Says Give me a steak cooked medium rare It was a comment not to be taken seriouly as it was obvious to me too that Toni is a vegetarian :roll:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    why not just do as most Brit's do and that is to shout really loudly at them in English!, if that doesn't work also remind them who won the flippin war for them that should do it!!!, oh and also while your at it tell them that eating horses is a tad barbaric for a so called western civilisation in the 21st century.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Dont talk to Elna like that yer cheeky young whipper snapper I am in no mood to be triffled with at the moment B/C :x :x :x :x
    You hold no terrors for me Come outside and say that If you can stand a temperature of 100 degrees here in Spain then choose your weapon Walking sticks or crutches I have both VIVE LA FRANCE :P
  • elnafinn
    Options
    tonesp wrote:
    elnafinn wrote:
    tonesp wrote:

Take care
    Elna x
    It Says Give me a steak cooked medium rare It was a comment not to be taken seriouly as it was obvious to me too that Toni is a vegetarian :roll:

Hi Tonesp

I was interested to know what the translation was, thank you for letting me know. :) My comment was not meant to be taken seriously either. :)

Look after yourself,
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    Dont talk to Elna like that yer cheeky young whipper snapper I am in no mood to be triffled with at the moment B/C :x :x :x :x

Hi BC :)

No worries, it is harmless banter. I was interested to know what the translation was as I used to enjoy learning French and German, a very long time ago. :)

Gentle hugs
    Elna x(())

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    I know left and right if that is of help and the train also well I best not say that on here :shock:

Trish xxx

agauche and ardroite Trish :wink:

spelling probably iffy though :lol:

Thanks

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Guys

amazed at what a clever bunch we all are

Elna though does indeed win the gold star....

cris came close but i dont think they speak cornish in france.... :?

I managed with the 'ne mange le viande' malarky....and DD's too. They were so kind and helpful - as Elna said they DO like their meat over there :shock:

I managed and have lost no weight but gained a lovely tan :D

Than you all for your help

love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi toni

I didn't contribute any french school seems so long ago, but you had some good phrases from thr rest of the forum.

Glad you had a good time and weather was good too.

Glad your back safe

love juliepf xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Guys

amazed at what a clever bunch we all are

Elna though does indeed win the gold star....

cris came close but i dont think they speak cornish in france.... :?

I managed with the 'ne mange le viande' malarky....and DD's too. They were so kind and helpful - as Elna said they DO like their meat over there :shock:

I managed and have lost no weight but gained a lovely tan :D

Than you all for your help

love

Toni xx

Elna likes this :) Thank you Toni, pleased to be of some help, did not like to think that your holiday would be marred because of being veggie.

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Toni

Nice to see you to see you nice!

They love their spuds in France. When i left my cold potatoes the chef gave me a frightening stare....how dare you! he couldnt believe it! I cant do cold spuds.

I hope you enjoyed the lovely croissants and bread!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    Options
    The help WAS appreciated Elna :D

Elizabeth I LOVED the croissants!! Ate two a day :oops: With butter AND marmalade :shock:

They do love their meat but was fine - luckily I like ptaotoes and if I dont my stepdaughter eats potatoes till they come out of her ears!

You can 'borrow' her next time you go :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Elna!!!

Elna!!!

are you still ironing??

the first four loads are dry??

Can I bring them over?

Love

Toni xx

The downside of holidays....... :(
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Coo-eee, yes I am here, bring the ironing on! :lol: I shall so enjoy that so send them over.

Luv
    Elna x :D:D

• frogmorton
    Options
    On it's way Elna!!!

It's 'different' stuff - all summery :D

Thanks

Love

Toni xx