Rejection

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 30. Aug 2010, 13:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

Im probably being really silly but that application I sent off on Wednesday I havent heard from. I know closing date isnt till Sept 6th and maybe I sent it off early.
Now I ticked the box to supposedly guarantee me an interview, I suppose for some stupid reason Im scared I dont even get an interview. Think it has to do with yesterday I saw the uniform lady in shopping place from where I am applying and she sort of gave the impression she wasnt going to say hello then did but in a very curt way. Im probably being over sensitive and I know people on here have tons more worries than me but just not sure what to do if dont even make first hurdle.
My solicitor also was supposed to scan and e-mail me the letter my doc wrote about me for ESA, in which she thought i could go into work related group with support, it hasnt materialised which is why i dont feel this solicitor has got any confidence in me and she think im a fake.
Sorry for moaning......Just worried.....

Elainex

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    what was the application sorry do not know if not closing till 6th sept far to early to worrie try to put out of your mind it does not matter what the solicitor thinks they are paid to look after your interests and if they do not you can bring action against them they prob do not see the hurry and take there time over most things taking time usually makes them more money hope things go better than you feel they will val
    val
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Hi All

Im probably being really silly but that application I sent off on Wednesday I havent heard from. I know closing date isnt till Sept 6th and maybe I sent it off early.
    Now I ticked the box to supposedly guarantee me an interview, I suppose for some stupid reason Im scared I dont even get an interview. Think it has to do with yesterday I saw the uniform lady in shopping place from where I am applying and she sort of gave the impression she wasnt going to say hello then did but in a very curt way. Im probably being over sensitive and I know people on here have tons more worries than me but just not sure what to do if dont even make first hurdle.
    My solicitor also was supposed to scan and e-mail me the letter my doc wrote about me for ESA, in which she thought i could go into work related group with support, it hasnt materialised which is why i dont feel this solicitor has got any confidence in me and she think im a fake.

Elainex

Hi Elaine don't be worrying...I think it is against employment laws for an employer to consider the applicants before the closing date in order to give everyone the same timescale to apply....so I wouldn't expect to hear until after that date....so relax for a few days!!! :)
    Wishing you lots of luck! *CB*
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Elaine

I agree.... it's far too early to be looking for a letter from the employer about an interview. they'll likely do their short list after they screen all the applications, then send out all the letters.... so it might not be until mid- September before you hear anything. :wink:

Please Elaine.... you are not a fake! why are you thinking that way? The solicitor is just doing what solicitors do.. and that is scheduling when to get round to the task of e-mailing that letter in amongst all the zillion other things he has to do. It does not mean that he has no confidence in you (I'm not really sure what you mean by that EBK?) or that he is thinking you are a fake. :roll: :shock:

The uniform? lady you saw in the shop was probably just pre-occupied with her own thoughts so please don't read into her behaviour anything more than that. :wink:

.....so try not to worry about what may or may not happen. You've done all that you can and the rest is out of your hands for now. :D

take care flower,

Iris x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Val
    It was for where I worked last year temp (its a big kitchen shop in Cumbria, hint)....
    I think the reason why im worried is about 2 years ago i temped for nearly a year with the CPS and when a position came up I was encouraged to apply for it as I was apparently great at the job, was "one of them" and was a cert to get it. What my fear was then that they only took on people with degrees as even a girl with a degree in textiles got a job there. Anyway to cut a long story short, it turned out they only interviewed me out of politeness, got told I was well below par and never stood a chance in first place. The so called mates couldnt understand how hurt I was and I resigned immediately as felt humiliated, to this day they dont speak to me and it has scarred me lots.

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI CB

I know but things never seem to go my way... have a bad feeling, hope am proved wrong.

Elainex
    cebeem wrote:
    Hi All

Elainex

Hi Elaine don't be worrying...I think it is against employment laws for an employer to consider the applicants before the closing date in order to give everyone the same timescale to apply....so I wouldn't expect to hear until after that date....so relax for a few days!!! :)
    Wishing you lots of luck! *CB*
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Iris

I know it may not be till then but I just get a feeling that its not going to work for me.
    I feel a fake cos my claim has been rejected and going to appeal which this solicitor is just dancing round the houses and fobbing me off, she promised to e-mail me letter last week and she did this before to me putting no importance on my case. I know there are thousands of other people going through same procedure as me and im not the only one who deserves attention just feel a bit pushed to side. If she had confidence in me she wouldnt be mucking about and not sending me stuff thats how i see it. Im applying for this job now as its only one can see me being accomodated and its the way the government are pushing me, they dont care about my knee, so in a way its them wearing me down.
    The uniform lady I saw her again today and she didnt want to speak she turned away so now im paranoid. Nothing ever works out for me in jobs n medical people.....

Maybe im having a bad day....Thanks for your support.......

Elainex
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

If you're having a bad day then you're in the right place! we do care and listen to what you say and how you are feeling. :!:

If the solicitor's 'mucking you around' the don't stand for it.... phone and insist on speaking to her and let her know that you aren't happy and that she is letting you down when she doesn't keep her word. Ask if she has carried out the agreed actions from your last consultation , and if not then why not. :roll: ...

Elaine she is employed by you and has a duty of diligence in representing you in a way that promotes your interests. .. so if you're not happy.. speak to her; it's better than waiting and feeling disheartened.

You are anxious about the outcome of your application and that's understandable... but you have done all you can and can only wait for the outcome.

chin up EBK! we are here for you. :wink:

iris x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Elaine,
    You are at a low ebb at the moment so please do not be so hard on yourself. I agree that the interview dates will not be made until after the closing date. Plus they will have only just received your application and being the last day before the Bank holiday things tend to be delayed.
    Solicitors are renowned for taking their time, so it might be an idea to jog them later this week. I’d leave it until Wednesday as the day after holidays are hectic and things get left anyway.
    Did I dream it or did you have your hair done recently? Maybe the lady wasn’t quite sure who you were. Anyway, please do not be upset by it.
    Oh Sorry just seen your other post. Just smile politely at her as she may be having problems of her own. There could be a good chance that you will have to work with her.
    Hope you are managing Ok with your visitors. You must be shattered having to sleep in the low bed.
    You take care of yourself.
    Lv,Ix
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Iris

My solicitor has been like this for about 2 months now but as she is a community legal advice one (ie provided for free) I cant expect too much I suppose, Heck I just like people being straight with me even if the truth hurts, situation is bad etc, just tell me!
    I know all I can do it wait, I dont know why im like this. Its my damn birthday in 2 weeks and I dont feel like celebrating it one bit, plus im getting grief too for breaking up with exOH, but I had good reason there....

Thanks

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Ironic

This is weird, that post you read was just over 6 weeks ago I think and it was musical beds. It is going to be the case again next weekend as same members of family coming plus my sister. Now bear in mind I live in a 2 bed semi bungalow with me folks, my bedroom is the one that the guests get, the dining room is put you up bed but this time im not even getting that, its a camp bed at side of my mum and dad.....It is my mum's birthday which i dont mind, what i do mind is that some members have not been in touch in over 10 days which I feel is a bit much, even if they do live in scotland.
    The woman is only the uniform woman but if i see her again its gonna get embarassing....Its like she knows ive applied and she knows they dont want me again....I know its my mind being a **** but its how i feel....
    Thanks for replying...

Elainex
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

I think you've just got so much going on.... lots of pressure there from what you've said.

Maybe you need some 'me time'. Tell folks to back off you need some space just now and have reached saturation point.

Sometimes EBK we have to fight for space and also to be heard.

If there's lots going on for you then write down a list of the things (or people) that are putting you under pressure.... even the wee niggly ones. Decide against each one what you can do about it just now... if nothing then write nothing. For those where you have written what you could do to make a difference, prioritise them and then starting with the easiest first make changes, working your way up to the most difficult.

I wish there was an easy solution to the 'family visiting' and you having to be turfed out of your bed.:roll: it seems so unfair on you.... it is so unfair on you. Do none of them realise that?

Iris x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Iris

Wel i dont feel i can tell people that although it is good advice. To cut a long story short, i did own a flat but i hated it, it was in a rural location, no ammenities nearby and i was lonley so i moved back home. Ever since i did that everyone seems to think i have an easy life as i dont pay a mortgage, bills, etc.....So because i dont have these things my point of view is often not taken seriously....I mostly keep quiet now as when i do speak up i am criticised for doing so....Some people, well the sun shines out or thier bum and they can do no wrong, but me...no...
    The sleeping situation i can put up with to a certain extent but it just ends up being all about some folk and i dislike that...Its complicated. I think the comments that annoyed me recently were when i was going in for my op it was described as "just a small op" and i got a text from persons OH.....Now my dads birthday next year is being described as "not an important one" when booking a holiday for said person...Dad is 79 for ***** sake!!

Sorry...Im moaning even more...

Elainex
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    There isn't much I can add to what the other have said, you try to stop worrying, distract yourself with something ,we all have confidence in you.
    Bet you wish we where doing the interview :) .
    Good Luck everything crossed...let me know when I can uncross, Its quite painful :roll: :)
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Barbara

I wish i just knew one way or the other, same goes for Wrightington app.....Can Dr Who please take me in Tardis forward in time please? Hate interviews....GRR!!
    Sorry for pain of crossing, dont get stuck or I'll be in big trouble!!

Elainex
  • barbara12
    Options
    Elaine It is understandable...when Its is so important to you, what date did you get for Wrightington...sorry I need reminding of my name these days :roll: :oops: :)
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Barbara

Well no its cool after all im not the only person who you reply to on here eh? My app is Sept 13, happy days eh...Me and me old man there for lunch...

Elainexx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Barbara

Well no its cool after all im not the only person who you reply to on here eh? My app is Sept 13, happy days eh...Me and me old man there for lunch...

Elainexx
    Sorry to burst your bubble Elaine but the cafe in Wrightington isn't up to much, there is a pub just up the road, but Its ages since we went there, I will try and google it and see if they still do food.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    Please take a deep breath! You are reading too much into some of these things here!
    The employer needs to respect confidentiality in respect of applications and your previous ability to do the job etc.

The uniform lady may well have no idea of your intentions and just be preoccupied with the trials and tribulations of her daily job!....she too may have her own personal difficulties to be dealing with...so please dont read much into it!

If you have been feeling a bit low it is easy to feel people are against you.....but more often they really are not!
    Who told you they interviewed you out of politeness etc..... ? because that wont have come from management...so dont make anything of it!......JUST REMEMBER the good points and focus on them....they encouraged you to apply......you were good at your job.
    Take those points and build on them. When you get the interview tell them you were good at the job and give examples to justify that.
    During interviews repond to the questions as if you have never met the people before....because that is how they are behaving that is how they are trained they may ask you a very obvious question (answer it like you dont know them)....you need to sell yourself ...be confident etc. Dont presume they know what and how you did things .....tell them! Expand on a particular thing you did well...ask if there are opportunities to develop ...they are often as nervous as you..so remember that!....Good luck again keep us up to date *CB*
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Elaine

I just read this thread from end to end and you have so much going on!!!!

Wow!! No wonder it all feels a bit much - I owuld be totally confused.

I think your Dad's birthday is important i lots mine at 66 and my Mum at 70 so they are veryp[recious.

I am hoping you hear soon about the job, butt it may be that they send out all the times for interveiw in one go after the closing date. I think that's what they will do.

I am mostly hoping that you feel better now? Today?

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

how are you feeling today :?: when do the 'family' arrive and you have to start the 'no bed to call your own' routine?

Anyone who makes you feel bad or responsible for having to move back in with your folks doesn't know what they're talking about and if it's the same character who doesn't see that your dad's next birthday is an important milestone then quite frankly I think they're ignorant, selfish and unrealistic. :x

These are precious times with your mum and dad as Toni said.... and in years to come you will be able to look back and see and remember that you were there for them both..... that is what life's all about....caring for and cherishing the people we love.

keep your chin up EBK :wink: don't let them get to you.... talk to us!

Iris x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Barbara

Well no I actually meant a packed lunch for me and my dad as we anticipate being there quite a while...Thanks though..

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI CB

Well maybe am reading too much into this application and waiting for word etc....

As for what I said in the CPS job, its true the WCU manager told me they had only interviewed me out of politeness....Im afraid i thought the other people were my friends but they all ceased contact and turned out to be backstabbing *******...
    I think I will have to interview as if I dont know them, it will be weird though and will bring back horrible memories, im now doubting my application...
    Thanks for advice..
    Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Toni & Iris

Decided to reply to you both in one message.....

Im not going to whinge about this any more as this is an arthritis forum not a family forum......

Thanks anyway for being concerned...I am bedless by 10th Sept.....Shall have tojust grin n bear it....

Did bathroom today for dad and really felt it on my knees as cant kneel down..OUCH!!

Thanks...

Elainexx
  • dorcas
    Options
    Hi EBK,

Arther, family, relationships, money,work....... all are interlinked, so talking about the things that are affecting you is not 'wingeing', it's reflecting the impact that having arther has had on your life. We are all the same Elaine and have good days, bad days, b***dy awful days and thankfully...sometimes... even great days!

That's the beauty of this forum, people who understand and see you/ me as a whole person and not just what type of arther we have :wink:

Talking about what is happening helps not only us as individuals but also other peeps who perhaps haven't yet felt able to join the forum or in the discussion(s) but are benefiting from reading about you/ me/ all of our experiences.

((((hugs)))) for you Elaine.

iris x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Iris

I do appreciate everyone who replies to me....You and others have been very welcoming, and empathatic towards me....But im also aware that someone who does nowt but moan, well people switch off.....So i guess im realising im verging on that and curbing my moans just now...
    Im very lucky to have here to sound off, be it about my knee, my frog going to hospital or giving useless bits of information....It is one of the good things to come out of my illness, thats for sure...

Thanks for the hugs and i hope you are having a lovely day...Being socttish myself i know its not a bank holiday up with you, it is here....Been listening to R2's Million Sellers Top 100....

Love

Elainexx