Options
2»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI NB,

have you had any info on why the hip feels so unstable, even though it is now back where it should be?

Do you remember it feeling unstable post-op?

Any news on physio?

Defin chase up re restrictions, don't blame you for feeling impatient.

Speedy

Glad you had a good night out, even if you did pay!!
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Speedy
    I haven`t heard anything more from anyone, since my call to the secretary last week. My hip didn`t feel unstable before the dislocation but it did clunk at times and if I was sitting for a long time ie driving the `ball` felt like it was pushed into the cup very tightly. (not a good description sorry :oops: )
    I am still using the crutches although I can potter a bit indoors without. My other hip is painful and `gives way` at times, but this is not new, just more noticeable at the moment probably as I am putting more pressure on that side to protect my THR.
    I was told no to physio at my outpatients appointment, and am not seeing my other surgeon til mid October, when I will ask again.
    I am hoping to hear something soon, but feel a nuisance if I keep ringing the secretary.
    Thanks for asking.
    NB