edited 29. Sep 2010, 17:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can I just have a little cry.

:cry:

A bit of a rubbish day, and still no word from anyone medical. :cry:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Join the club, tho I am not waiting for anyone medical. It's a glum time. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kerrycc
    kerrycc Member Posts: 89
    Everyone needs to sometime so you go ahead. It just coming to that time of year as well where some of us need to adjust to the dark mornings/nights and the grim weather.

Hope you hear soon (((((((((((xx))))))))))
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Join the club, tho I am not waiting for anyone medical. It's a glum time. :( DD

Seriously big hugs. A grim day with the weather too.

x
  • sillyswede
    sillyswede Member Posts: 47
    Shall we all just have a group cry?

:cry::cry::cry:

Hugs to everyone who's feeling down and out today. This seems an ample opportunity to point out a definite positive in here: if it weren't for our bloody Arther's and related problems, we wouldn't all have got in touch!!! :) xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi big hug for you it awfull when you feel that way hope tomorrow better val
    g10249.gif
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi
    You have a cry it will do you good, i do hope you feel better very soon.t4602.gif love Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Sorry you are still struggling stlucia.. I do hope you hear soon

Marion xx
  • stlucia
    sillyswede wrote:
    Shall we all just have a group cry?

:cry::cry::cry:

Hugs to everyone who's feeling down and out today. This seems an ample opportunity to point out a definite positive in here: if it weren't for our bloody Arther's and related problems, we wouldn't all have got in touch!!! :) xx

A group cry sounds like lots of people would be keen at the moment.

You are SO right - thanks for the positivity.

x
  • stlucia
    I had a good long chat to my husband last night about how this is all getting too much etc and I said just how supportive everyone is on here!

xxx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Massive hugs {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

coco xx
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Hi Stlucia

Nothing like a good weep - let it all out girl. I haven't had a good weep in a long time must be due one soon!

I hope you get some good news from the medical profression soon. Why not call them?

Regards
    Sharmaine
    X

stlucia wrote:
    Can I just have a little cry.

:cry:

A bit of a rubbish day, and still no word from anyone medical. :cry:
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    I know how you feel, today was told by my DR that I have got a Bursitis on my elbow joint so am on anti biotics BUT if my op date is sorted out soon I wont be able to have it done as its the same arm as my wrist replacment op they wont risk the op for fear of infection, plus my underactive thyroid is not well controlled so up from 200mg to 225mg got to do it slowly as i still have a high pulse rate :cry:
    then my diabetes is also not controlled so more tablets stomach acid is making life hell and the likley hood of my stomach ulcers comeing back becasue of it is high, so am now on stronger tablets for that, ah yes my heart scans no result yet but as i had the affects from the medication used to speed up my heart rate it could mean my heart has some kind of problem, and that was just one drs appointment, feel like giving up , :x but I'm made of stronger stuff and know I'm not alone so all that plus my OA is not going to get me down I'm too bloody minded :x :x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh no :cry::cry::cry:

Poor everyone :cry::cry:

Esp lavedarlady's opp complications and stlucia

STILL no medical help :shock:

:cry::cry:
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Stlucia

Just picked up on your thread and just to say I am thinking of you.

Loads of cheery vibes coming your way.

Love Tilly xxx

PS: Lavenderlady - thinking of you too and sending you cheery vibes as well...
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi St Lucia

hope your feeling a bit brighter today :?:

loved sillyswede's positive spin that if it weren't for arther we wouldn't all have met on this fine forum :D nice one SS :wink:

lavenderlady... sorry about the bursitis and the impact this might have on your op, plus all the other probs with your health :roll:

you're one plucky lady to cope with that and still be fighting back :wink::D a great role model for us all. :D

love and (((hugs))) to all.

Iris xxx
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Lavenderlady

They couldnt get my thyroid under control they eventually agreed to look at my T3 levels as well as T4 and found it was also out. I now take thyroxine at a lower dose and liothyrinine as well the two together have maintained my thyroid at a steady level for over 5 years. ( I had to research it myself then fight for it)
    Dont know if this may help you xx
    Theresa
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi St Lucia,

I am so with you on this one... sometimes tears are the only thing to help but not always and I also like SS's spin that without the arthritis we wouldn't have met.

Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and really do hope your feeling a bit better today? Cris x
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Yeah, lets all sit round in a circle and baawwwlllllllllll, waahhhhhhhh

...and then we see what mischief we can get up to? :mrgreen: pass the sherry round someone!

8)Its a grin, honest!
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    airwave wrote:
    Yeah, lets all sit round in a circle and baawwwlllllllllll, waahhhhhhhh

...and then we see what mischief we can get up to? :mrgreen: pass the sherry round someone!

k015.gif airwave.... and mine's a G&T since you're asking. :lol::lol:

isn't it good to be able to smile despite adversity.

Iris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    SS is right: I was very lonely up until 22 April 2010. I have 'met' some wonderful people on these forums and they have made everything much more bearable. That, however, doesn't mean that life is now a bed of roses: of course we all still struggle from time to time, I am struggling now, but the difference is that I have somewhere to come and explain, if I need, to people who understand. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stlucia
    Massive hugs to everyone!

Lavenderlady - very gentle hugs to you and I am so sorry that things are bad. I've had bursitis in my hip before and it rendered me completely useless for a long time. Just when you think things can't get any worse hey! I am thinking of you though.

Today has been a better day and I enjoyed a bit of a nature ramble and got covered in mud...my nice boots! Ah!

STILL not a sausage from anyone medical.....just they wait until tomorrow when I give them a ring! That is.....if they pick the phone up which is surprising when they actually do!

xxxxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Stlucia

So glad to hear that yesterday was a better day for you and you enjoyed your nature ramble!

You get on that phone today girl and give em what for! Have you tried going through hospital switchboard and asking for consultant's secretary? I find that if you go through the switchboard, they will try to connect you to an alternative number if there is no reply. You may already have tried this, but just a thought.

Good luck!

Tilly xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi stlucia

How are you today? feeling better I hope. Have you got through to medical people?

Nature walk sounded good even though your nice boots got muddy.

Thinking of you
    JuliePF x
  • stlucia
    Hello everyone,

Oh dear I think all my spoons fell out of my pocket on the nature ramble yesterday.....I don't seem to have any at all today.

Is it too early to put the heating on? Brr it's so cold!

My God children are coming round to in a minute - they are at the crawling stage and just so funny. I think I will lie on the sofa and they can zip round the floor cleaning the kitchen floor as they go!

How is everyone else today?

x
  • kerrycc
    kerrycc Member Posts: 89
    Well made up with a cold is how I am at the moment! Typical isnt it. Although glad its this week because a week on Friday is my friends wedding so hopefully it will be gone by then xxx