I feel yuck

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck for today. Tell her everything so she knows exactly what is going on. I wish you well and if you can, let us know how it went. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi theresa

Just been reading your thread and I am so sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment. You have an appointment today I see and your SIL ging with you. I hope she does stick p for you cause sometimes I think it is hard to stickup for yourself with emotions flying all over the place.
    Good luck
    Hope all goes well
    JuliePF x
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Theresa

Sorry I have come late into your thread, but just wanted to wish you really good luck at your rheumy nurse appt today. Glad you have got someone going with you - I find that really helps.

I will be thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    HI all
    well arent you impressed Ive seen my GP, rheumy nurse and rheumy consultant and back home by 11.20am :shock:

The gp has confirmed by glands are exremely swollen and is now referring me to ENT. (an urgent referral takes 4 weeks!!) He prescribed me antibiotics again

I went to the hospital alone as my sis in law wanted to go town!! I kept going dizzy and ended up in a side room until my son came to walk me to the door they did my depo steroid injection to try reduce the inflam and the blood nurse came to the room to take my bloods to save me walking about, then hubby picked us up. Got home With orders to lay down and stay there!

The rheumy nurse was lovely but felt that the Prof was needed to decide on what to do. He came in and told me I looked much better :? I was very shocked as I feel like **** but he said he meant joint wise. Unfortunately it is looking more likely these constant flare ups are down to the cimzia so I may have to come off of it unkless ENT find an underlying cause. I wanted to cry (i did tear up) He asked me to ring my GP to insist a ENT appointment be witihin the next few weeks if he can push it. I have another appointment in 6 weeks and if nothing has improved I will be comingh off the cimzia. :(:(:(
    I efel like crying
    Theresax
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Oh Theresa what a time of it you've had. :roll:

It's no wonder you felt 'teary'..... too many 'ifs and buts' isn't there.?

I do hope you get to ENT really soon... but can't understand why the prof. didn't just make a phonecall and have you seen :? ... too simple :|

Are you able to speak to your doc today?
    .... or maybe you need a day to recover from today's consultation.... whatever you do, please be kind to yourself today.

It must be a worry to be told that you may have to stop the Cimzia.... but if it's behind the infections then I guess you'll have to go on their advice. I just know how hard it is to have that hanging over you.

chin up flower... we're with you, so please let us know how you are and if/ when you get the antibiotics.

As Jean suggested, please also think about phoning the helpline peeps... it might help to talk it all through..

(((Hugs)))

Iris xxx
  • theresa4
    Options
    HI

The prof said the new rules mean the GP has all the power re referrals?? My GP said pretty much the same apperntly its much harder to be referred through the hospital system and most referals must go through GP now. ????

Been asleep all afternoon just got up feel very spaced out. Just waiting for my GP to let me know whats happening now as he is trying to find a loophole to get me in within 2 weeks.

speak soon
    Theresa x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning theresa4, how are things today? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresa4
    Options
    HI DD
    Im still struggling with a sore throat and cold sweats and dizziness but some of the neck swelling has gone down with the steroid depo I had although it is still painful to swallow. My eyes are really dry and sore too even with artificial tears.

Im so tired all I want to do is sleep.

Still waiting for the GP regarding the ENT referal.

How are you doing now?

Theresa x

Theresa xxx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I'm so sorry that you are having a bad time with the memory, I expect its the drugs, I've noticed that my memory is a bit bad when I'm reading and I think its tramadol. I don't know what to suggest, do you have an OU tutor close by you that you can phone? I did when I had a go at science. Thats ages ago and things may have changed. I didn't finish it as I just couldn't find the time, I'd not long been married and had a full time job and then I lost my Mum, so I just packed it in.
    I hope you can sort your problems out though, my sister in law managed it! Love Sue
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi Theresa

sorry not been on here before - life is never simple and 'arthur' just sends it upside down. :!:

i am doing the 2nd year of my Fd - and i have found it really tough :cry: - my grades dropped last year from C- to D- in one module :cry:

let me know if I can give you any advice when you up to it :?:

for now loads of (((((((hugs))))))))) and support for you

Louise xxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • theresa4
    Options
    Thanks Louise

The course I am doing is just a fill in course to keep my mind open while I find the right medsb0214.gif

Next year is final degree year which determines if I get a 2:2 or a 3rd. so much for the 2:1 I would have got if arthur hadnt moved in t2407.gif

Im looking at finishing this one in a cheat way as the assigment q's have learning outcomes whihc link to different parts of the course books so I am goiong to try answer the q's by reading just the ones relating to the learning outcomes. Its a pass or fail course 40% pass so I should manage it. Its not pertinent to anything it was just an interesting fill in. I could just leave it and it wouldnt matter but I hate not finishing things.

Thankyou for your support

Theresa

Theresa xxx