oa caused by lazyness says physio!

13»

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,
    Well, having got up the courage to ring and complain about my physio treatment I am frustrated and fed up. I rang the little town outpatients clinic that I go to, but its only small and they don't have any physio's in today, so asked for the practice manager, but she is off sick until Wednesday. I asked how I could make a complaint and the receptionist gave me the number of the health centre in the next town and the name of the senior therapist. Ah getting somewhere, I thought. So I dialled the number only to be told that the staff are in a meeting and unless its an emergancy dial 999. I phoned back later, they have 2 reception numbers so I dialled the fist one, only to be told I have to dial the second number as they are in two buildings and guess what? I'd picked the wrong one!!! :? So phoned the second number to be answered be a machine and told that the staff where still in a meeting.

I've given up for the moment, it's like being on a roundabout and going round in circles. I have to go to the local centre tomorrow to see the OT and I will speak to her about things. The 'posture exercises are still sore and the bottom of my spine feels painful. I still feel I've had a good kicking! Love Sue :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear! I hope you wrote everything down over the week-end to keep it all fresh in your mind - not that you would forget something like that, but I am sure you know what I mean. I also hope you are not doing the exercises he set you - stick to exercises you know, don't do his. Also note the steps you have taken today to contact people in order to complain - accurate records may prove to be useful in this case. How frustrating woodbon, and very annoying too. Go and have a nice cuppa! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    What an orrifice! He needs a serious retraining course!

I have done every sport you can think of over the years, even when I already had oa diagnosed, I don't suppose it helped. The physio has just hung a convenient label on you, true or not, and I bet he didn't write that all down in your notes! Physios don't do physio any more, too busy, they just offer advice and leave it to you. If its for anything serious, I go to the Osteopaths and pay, at least I get what I pay for and I heal quicker.

8)Its a grin, honest!
  • woodbon
    Hi I have to go to the same place to see the OT tomorrow so, I'll expect I'll mention it to her. She's a nice girl, but I wouldn't expect that she would be in any position to comment. Anyway I'll have to tell her, as my wrists, which she is treating along with my hand with hot wax are stiff and my walking isn't today anyway back to 'normal'.

Anyway, at least I am feeling more myself, if you know what I mean. I just wish I'd said something at the time, but, I was upset and didn't want to burst into tears! :oops: Anyway I'm wearing my splints with the metal in the wrist and hand, so if I see him, he'd feel a slap in the face!!! :shock: :lol: Thank you all for being so supportive. Its helped get back a sense of proportion and not too depressed!
    Love Sue
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Sue,

Good luck today and I honestly still think you should make a complaint against him..... he really is out of order and I had oa in my teens and you know what they said then? i had been over active and worn the knees down! They can't both be right and I know I was very active a a teenager.

You make sure you talk to the ot girl at least cus he is both wrong and out of order.... Sorry its bugged me! Sending a ((( ))) and a hope Cris xx
  • woodbon
    I am thinking more and more like making a complaint, I still have soreness today! I think the trouble was that there were 3 physios on that day and they all seemed young and inexperienced. Their didn't seem to be anyone in charge of the treatment room. I think they have a lot of staff sickness at the moment, but that is no reason to be rude. If they can't staff the clinic properly then they should put off the appointments for that day, unless really urgent.
    I've tried looking up the things he told my on the internet but, can't find them apart from some odd American type sites that promise the world and charge the earth. Some of the medical sites seem to tell you to be very carful with exercising the neck as it is easy to do more damage, so I think I've been lucky! Although its still a bit painful and I can't do as much!! :wink: Off to the OT now, last appointment with her. The wax was nice but the good effects only last a few hours to a day.
    Love Sue
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Sue

I hope you enjoy your hot wax teatment and that you have some tissues ready incase the girl is too nice and you end up bawling - I know i would :(

If you cant get through to anyone just yet - i think you need to get it in writing instead. Then i think you could send your complaint in to the relevant person and not risk getting upset again :?

Take care

Love

Toni xx
  • maggiemay
    maggiemay Member Posts: 122
    Sue

That Physio should be reported for his rudeness, and unproffesional conduct, my Physio said that too much work on the farm and the work I used to do, has caused the problem.

He has no right to say what he did to you in the way he did it.

All i can say is go for the complaint, and show that so and so we who worked all our days and end up in agony, for him to have a job, and for us who pay for his Job, should be treated better by Sods like him.

Im going before I get started.

Regards and big hugs

Mags