Prince William/ Kate Middleton engagement

Options
2»

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It should bring in a huge revenue to UK with everything that will be sold in connection with the wedding, mind you it will not be made in UK but China.

Crown Derby china is still made right in the centre of Derby, so the royal wedding will give trade a welcome boost and help to secure the jobs of many local people.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/derby/hi/tv_and_radio/newsid_9198000/9198577.stm

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    edited 18. Nov 2010, 12:54
    Options
    Didn't realise that you had been hobnobbing with royalty, rehab. I hope that you remembered your P's and Q's :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Didn't realise that you had been hobnobbing with royalty, rehab. I hope that you remembered your P's and Q's :lol:
    Just a bit of casual name dropping, Princess Ann was the Colonel in Chief of my Corps and knew me by name .... 8) 8) 8)

Very impressive :!: Out of all those soldiers, I wonder why she remembered your name :?: :wink:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    She's a babe and he seems nice but why do we have to pay!?, the queen is one of the richest people in the world but needs DHSS handouts to hitch one of here broods kids it's typicle of this country the hard working tax payer always goughs up for everything those that are on long term benifits don't and nor do the super rich I guess that's why their rich in the first place, it's this "the state will pay" attitude that's screwed this country up, we're all being told we've got to tighten our belts and don't expect social services to pay for your old age althought you've been paying all your life via your stamp and there's going to big big cut backs etc and oh by they way her's a wedding none of you will get invited to but you all will pay for bloody takes the rise.
    If we are forced to pay then I want to see Charlie boy take old horse head and stand aside and let this couple take the crown, I hope he will be more less formal than the old guard.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    b0201.gif

Mel puts the world to rights once again :!: :lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I can see the headline now-
    ROYAL WEDDING SABOTAGED BY GANG OF ARTHRITIC REBELS
  • mellman01
    Options
    Sorry me spleen went pop again!, just sticks in me throat a bit, we have bugger all and they have everything, OK they are in the public eye etc but that's the deal isn't it?, the thing they need to do is allow the press to follow them as muchas they like in the end they the press will get totally p$£ed off and leave them alone and go of chasing flippin Jordan and Peter I'm a fick Ozzy sperm donner Aundrey, Will's and Kate can then be more like the Spanish royals and allowed to pop out to the pub unmolested, saturate the press drown the buggers in bordem that's what to do!.
    Anyway I bet a hit squad are on the way as I sit here, hey Joan good Idea but who get's to climb up the outside and absail down from the roof?, I think fat Kev and Berarned should get the gig u me and Len can the leg it (slowly) to the buffet and load up a nose bag or two and nab a couple of bottles of plonk, well were bloody well paying for it anyway!, what do you think are you both up for it??
  • mellman01
    Options
    Flippin heck I'm now not just mad I'm mad max the gun slinging Ozzy out land police criminal killer!, hey does that mean I get a bloody great Mustang car and an awfully nice frizzy wig and a double barrelled sawn off shotgun then??!., hey wait a moment I still remember what happened to Roual Moat he ended up with no sinuses or face!.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I think fat Kev and Berarned should get the gig u me and Len can the leg it (slowly) to the buffet and load up a nose bag or two and nab a couple of bottles of plonk, well were bloody well paying for it anyway!, what do you think are you both up for it??

Not sure about Fat Kev and Bernard absailing anywhere :shock: but the buffet and the plonk sounds good :lol::lol:
  • Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    Options
    I'm with Mel. Hope this doesn't upset people, but not only is the Monarchy undemocratic, but it helps perpetuate nepotism (keep it in the family), sexism (women only get to be monarch if there is no male heir) and sectarianism (the Act of Settlement, which means that a Catholic can't be monarch, nor can a monarch marry a Catholic).

Has anyone read Sue Townsend's hilarious "The Queen and I" in which, on the election of a republican government, the monarchy is abolished and the Queen and her family have to live on a council estate in Leicester?

Best wishes,
    Kevin.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Friday, April 29 2011, Westminster Abbey, and the good ol' taxpayer is forking out for the security. Whoopee-do. What with the bottomess pit that is the rest of the world needing our subsidies (so they can have free hospital parking, free prescriptions, free food, bank loans that will never be repaid in our lifetimes and god knows what else for free) and now this lot, well, we can all kiss goodbye to an increase in our benefits and an improvement in our circumstances. We are only the mugs that pay for it all. A peeved DD.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    Options
    Not sure how many of the tourists who will be over for the wedding will actually benefit businesses in the Highlands of Scotland...

Best wishes,
    Kevin.