Pocket duties for chris7

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Nov 2010, 14:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
chris7 has a big meeting on Wednesday about stuff: please report for pocket duties everyone! She did really well the last time we all showed up, and let's face it, these things are always a little less daunting when one knows one has support. I am equipped with the usual fruit and fizz, I have a vague idea what frog may bring and of course skez will have a sheep. For Pete's sake, chris7, please wear something slightly looser this time! There will be a fair few of us to pack in, I am sure of that. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    count me in

coco xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Count me in with my mini hot water bottle...then will you all come with me Thursday...
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    count me in too :wink:

though I might have to send littlelegs in my place, so she'll need to be away from Cris's sheep or Chris will not hear anything that is said :lol::lol::lol::lol:

seriously, Chris I'll be thinking of you and willing you on.

WOnky xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Flower will be thinking of you and different pocket to the stinky cheese me and g045.gif will be with you.

Love, ((((( ))))) and some saffron and cream Cris xxx
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Count me in, I've got jellied eel sandwiches for a change, also some ginger wine.

Annie
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi - count me in - i will bring salad and rosey wine!! Any good :?: :?:

hugs and suport

Louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Chris,
    I will be there. Can I go in the pocket with the woolie jumpers? Will have custard creams with me.

Good luck Chris, I hope you get some answers, take your time and hopefully when you have all the information you can start to make a plan.
    Thinking of you,
    Loads of hugs,
    Lv, Ix
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Im reporting for pocket duties too.
    Smelly egg sarnies & flash of tea.
    Good luck hun
    debs
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    So pleased to see you all.

You have just made a shift (apologies to Toni) day so much better and almost had me in tears for the second time today.

DD you must have a good calendar to keep track of appointments for us all. You did make me laugh with the meeting and stuff.
    Yes indeed, when I saw the very nice young man 6 months ago he offered to remove BOTH my manky hips, when I thought I only had one, but seeing my terror he allowed me to bolt, giving me 6 months probation.
    My time is up on Wed, it is decision time. :shock:

I have been coping okish I thought and was hoping to put things off a little longer but as we know arther is a sneaky devil. The last few days I had blamed the weather he has shown his face big time and is definately trying to tell me something. :cry:

People at work have become accustomed to the limp but today for the first time I could not disguise the pain to such an extent that my boss, you know the one!! Actually noticed and said with some sympathy that he knew it was a bad day and could he find me an easier job!!!! I tell ya I had to fight the tears. True to his word he fetched and carried all day, I was gobsmacked. It is the first day I almost asked to come home sick and was a very sad reminder to me that it really has come to this.

Anyway I digress on a cocodamol haze. Thank you I do feel very alone in my little box with all this but I am grateful to you all for your company and know you understand. Apologies for not replying individually, I am I confess struggling today.
    If you see me in for 9.50 on Wed and then hop over to Ironic for her meeting with her big cheese please. Then barbara needs us Thursday I think tis going to be a busy week for pocket dwellers and they are just the two I can think of. :?

Bless you and thank you again
    love and hugs ((((( )))))
    Chris
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    With you on Wednesday - and always - my Chrissie.......Be strong. I`ll be in touch.........Much love.......Ange.HM.x.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Chris,

I just popped in to say inside us all there is hidden courage and will lend you some of mine as well if you need it.

I know decision tie is hard flower [sorry back to one handed] but you know we will be with you ever step of the way.

hey your boss..... about time flower.... more hugs and love. Cris xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    just popping in the pocket with some winegums and fancy cupcakes , and lots of hugs hope al goes well Chris
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Chris

Just reporting for pocket duty. Got some homemade soup at the ready and crusty bread (no its not stale) :lol:

Wishing you good luck and sending hugs

juliepf xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    You can count Me in :D:D

Ready and willing what time am l required?

Will be available all day p045.gif

now what shall I wear....?

(don't get out musch :wink: )

Chris - things will be goooog not shift :wink:

Love

toni xx
  • julie47
    Options
    Wear the red toni

will go nice with grey trousers

Just as long as they are warm clothes

Gonna be a cold day :)

Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning, just reporting in to remind you that I will be there tomorrow, kicking you on a regular basis, to prompt you to tell the whole story, not just the nicely edited parts of it that make everything sound OK. Remember, I think I know what you are like! We will be there in spirit, my girl, we did all right by you before, yes? We can do so again! AND WE WILL. Take care. DD
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Wishing you well tomorrow Chris for your big meeting. Sending you cyber support as I am working tomorrow ... unless I bring the class on a minibus - that could well jazz things up a bit - but might be a bit distracting as they are a funny little bunch.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Right, today's the day: the very best to you, my girl. Stay strong and focused, I hope you have your notes to hand and whatever the decision/outcome you know we will support you. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    hOPING ALL IS WELL TODAY cHRIS

(caps lock :oops: again!)

Got the red on as suggested by Julie :)

We are all here rooting for you

Love

toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 24. Nov 2010, 09:38
    Options
    Hi Chris
    Has you know I will be with you all the way today, in a way I hope your mind is made up, and that it all goes well my love
    Sending you loads of hugs (((((((((((()))))))))
    Love
    Barbara xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Chris,

It has to be your decision Chris. I know how scary the thought of an operation can be. If I could have had the chance to back out of my THR I would have but it my partner hinted he wouldn't be around long unless I went ahead. It has helped so much and I am so glad I did it.I was lucky in that my 2 girls came to stay and I do have a partner (although he doesn't do much but will make a cuppa if I shout loud enough).

Good luck and remember you must feel happy to go ahead with any operation.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Chris
    Sorry to hear you are struggling so much especially at work.
    I really hope your appointment goes wellxx
    NB
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi chris

hope all goes well today

I am thinking of you

Juliepf x

Toni red suits you x
  • coco67